GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils - 7PM

nick17112

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Weekes was at fault for maybe one of the goals - he looked very rusty on the first one flopping around. Every one of us would have signed for two of three before Wednesday if the two came against the Pens and the Rangers. A definite (expected) flat loss.

Clem probably goes back in there Tuesday but if he stinks it up again Weekes will get a real chance to win the job back.

we cant win every game

on to the leafs game tuseday and clemmer whould get the start

Weekes played very well. Clemmer would've given up 5 or 6.

Buffalo played a superb road game

Devils outworked most of the game and couldnt' get a bounce/break.

One of those games, like u said, can't win em all.

I think Weekes deserves next start. Clemmer's been good but he's also been pretty lucky-he's a rebound machine.

I think Weekes deserves next start. Clemmer's been good but he's also been pretty lucky-he's a rebound machine.

I go back to Clemmensen against a weak Toronto team. I think today was just to give Clemmensen a rest, gotta go back to the man who has led us to these past wins

I go back to Clemmensen against a weak Toronto team. I think today was just to give Clemmensen a rest, gotta go back to the man who has led us to these past wins

Clemmer also got 8 goals last night.

This is one of those where you expected a sh!t performance and you got it. The only question was whether Buffalo was going to match the sh!ttyness, and they didn't.

Zubrus line made chances, but didn't finish them. The third line is god-awful. PK stunk like the PK version of the Rangers' PP. Weekes wasn't great at all and was mentally rusty (looking for the pass from Roy with no one on the other side). So, that's two "non-good" performances from the goalies in the last two games, hopefully Clemmer hasn't begun to implode and plays well on Tuesday, and obviously, because of the schedule, Weekes will go again soon, and he's gotta get the rust off.

Just flat, I'm tired and feel like crap after this run of 3 in 4, so why wouldn't they?

This is one of those where you expected a sh!t performance and you got it. The only question was whether Buffalo was going to match the sh!ttyness, and they didn't.

Zubrus line made chances, but didn't finish them. The third line is god-awful. PK stunk like the PK version of the Rangers' PP. Weekes wasn't great at all and was mentally rusty (looking for the pass from Roy with no one on the other side). So, that's two "non-good" performances from the goalies in the last two games, hopefully Clemmer hasn't begun to implode and plays well on Tuesday, and obviously, because of the schedule, Weekes will go again soon, and he's gotta get the rust off.

Just flat, I'm tired and feel like crap after this run of 3 in 4, so why wouldn't they?

Tonight went as expected, we scored 2 goals but for the most part never showed up for the game. As for Clemmer, he is not imploding. Last night's game was probably his biggest and I can imagine he was quite nervous and anxious both before and throughout the game. Anyways, no need to get frustrated. As many have pointed out, losing is part of the game and we should be thankful for the hot hand we were given.

2 cents

Edited by Biggie B

Tonight went as expected, we scored 2 goals but for the most part never showed up for the game. As for Weekes, he is not imploding. Last night's game was probably his biggest and I can imagine he was quite nervous and anxious both before and throughout the game. Anyways, no need to get frustrated. As many have pointed out, losing is part of the game and we should be thankful for the hot hand we were given.

2 cents

no, I don't think Weekes is imploding, he hasn't played enough to. But Clemmensen looks like he's coming off his hot streak. You don't want to follow up one blah goaltending performance with another with another.

Well the let down game happened and also Weekes IS a let down. I would like to know WTF game some of you were watching tonight to even remotely "think" Weekes had a good game. :doh1: You have got to be fvcking kidding me! I said he is done and he is DONE. BYE-BYE Weekes and hope we never have to see you in goal again! Holy sh!t he is terrible. ALL FOUR of those goals were bad (maybe the last one he can pass) and he does not have it any more.

At least we all know to have the comon sense now WHO IS the Devils #1 goaltender and starter for now on. That is Clemmensen. For some to say he would have done the same as Weekes is just assinine. Have some forgot who was in goal that won 9 of the last 10-games? It sure looks like it and it is a shame. When are some going to give some fvcking credit towards Clemmensen? he can play in the NHL and he is proving it and he deserves the starting play.

That was a waste of a game and 2pts. but oh we have to play Weekes for a game which I just knew the Devils were going to lose this game. The first sign was that joke of a goal 1:10 in the damn game. All the more this made me DEFINITELY have NO confidence in Weekes and Sutter is a smart man and we will see Clemmensen ride out these games for the next couple of weeks or he is just plain stupid. Many of the Devils fans I was hearing saying at the game and at Hell's Kitchen that Weekes has to go and he is no good anymore etc. I guess I am not the only one at the games that notices how bad Weekes really is. :puke:

Sutter please! Keep Weekes on the pine for a longtime or Lou just release his ass or trade him even though there would be NO takers, so we may be stuck with him.

Man some really need to wake up thinking Weekes is any good and man he was just terrible tonight and I hope we never have to see him in goal again.

Rant over!

no, I don't think Weekes is imploding, he hasn't played enough to. But Clemmensen looks like he's coming off his hot streak. You don't want to follow up one blah goaltending performance with another with another.

I meant to say that Clemmer is not imploding. As for Weekes, it is what it is.

SatanDevils, I don't think anyone is praising Weekes...

Edited by Biggie B