GDT: Flyers at Devils 12/21 - MSG+, 660 AM

DevilNurn

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zubrus had a bad game.

He did look a bit lost in the offensive zone, but he had some solid hits and was excellent in the circle. 18 for 22 on the faceoff... Wow!

Again, I have no problems with fans who say "oh, I can't make it tonight". i have a problem with fans that don't go, then yell, bitch, and moan about attendance. "Wow, the crowd is dead tonight...where IS EVERYONE???....man, devils losing, change channel" people piss me off.

I'd give Crosby's right nut to have the chance to see a game at the Rock. Maybe one day. :(

But complaining about attendance while sitting at home watching it on TV? Yea, WTF? Priceless.

Hey guys...first time poster and new to this thing. Went to both games: Sens and Flyers. I don't want to hear about oooo the snow was bad....its too cold.....just go....too many flyer fans in the building and being able to chant, heckle, scream. When i went to the devils vs flyers game at philly....i almost regretted wearing my colors. We need to somehow make it hard for other fans to want to come......uughh frustrated....ive been to 7 games this year....so im allowed to complain

good to meet ya

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Yes, we as fans need to be louder. No one in the lower deck wants to make any noise, beucase so many people (especially in the club seats) are too quiet (or are there just for the food). Aside from this, the TEAM needs to start getting the fans excited before the game even starts. The pregame videos are still disjointed in their presentation, have no continuity, climax, or fun to them..maybe except for the Yanni one, but that comes after a HORRRRRRRRID video showing the last game which is narrated by a guy you would think is talking about a funeral. There isn't even a need to have it narrated. Just show the highlights to loud, rockin' music. Then it starts with Yanni, which is fine, but then theres another video which lasts for like 40 seconds to Hells Bells which has no players in it, no point to it, and just kind of ends after the team is already on the ice. It's a really meh presentation.

Not too mention..and maybe this is just me. I'm often there pretty early...I come into the building sometimes after an energetic day, sometimes I'm tired...but whatever it is...THAT fvckING ORGAN that plays NONSTOP before the game (aside from warmups) is COMA INDUCING. It doesn't even sound like an organ, just a bad keyboard. I'm sorry, and maybe it's my fault...but man listening LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW on the organ for an hour pregame makes me want to take a nap.

Let's not mention the most random videos ingame, like the Cowbell one are out of NOWHERE, are slow, pointless, and are supposed to be a "hehe" gag...but the music isn't funny or enetertaining. At least play the Blue Oyster Cult from the actual bit.

I think the loudest cheer yesterday was for tshirts, is disgusting.

And let's thank the Devils for insane pricing structure which prevents the Loud fans from affording them and unless they sit near the roof.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Yes, we as fans need to be louder. No one in the lower deck wants to make any noise, beucase so many people (especially in the club seats) are too quiet (or are there just for the food). Aside from this, the TEAM needs to start getting the fans excited before the game even starts. The pregame videos are still disjointed in their presentation, have no continuity, climax, or fun to them..maybe except for the Yanni one, but that comes after a HORRRRRRRRID video showing the last game which is narrated by a guy you would think is talking about a funeral. There isn't even a need to have it narrated. Just show the highlights to loud, rockin' music. Then it starts with Yanni, which is fine, but then theres another video which lasts for like 40 seconds to Hells Bells which has no players in it, no point to it, and just kind of ends after the team is already on the ice. It's a really meh presentation.

Not too mention..and maybe this is just me. I'm often there pretty early...I come into the building sometimes after an energetic day, sometimes I'm tired...but whatever it is...THAT fvckING ORGAN that plays NONSTOP before the game (aside from warmups) is COMA INDUCING. It doesn't even sound like an organ, just a bad keyboard. I'm sorry, and maybe it's my fault...but man listening LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW on the organ for an hour pregame makes me want to take a nap.

Let's not mention the most random videos ingame, like the Cowbell one are out of NOWHERE, are slow, pointless, and are supposed to be a "hehe" gag...but the music isn't funny or enetertaining. At least play the Blue Oyster Cult from the actual bit.

I think the loudest cheer yesterday was for tshirts, is disgusting.

And let's thank the Devils for insane pricing structure which prevents the Loud fans from affording them and unless they sit near the roof.

I think your take on the whole situation is accurate.

It also seems to me that the chants and cheers coming from the 200s don't travel down too well. The crazies are sort of bunched up up there, and the noise sort of gets muffled by the roof. Even though the CAA was more cavernous, there were usually enough loud fans that would slide down to the lower rows in the upper deck, which made it easier for the fans in the lower ring to hear the chants. At the Rock, there is a huge separation between the 200s and the lower ring. If only we could sneak some of the rowdies into the 100s ... then maybe more chants would catch on.

Edited by 95Crash

The accustics, although not crazy as advertised, aren't the problem. When people go to concerts like Bon Jovi or Metallica next month, they'll say how loud it is. Even the Seton Hall/Louisville game was loud from what I heard, and that's with the upper deck curtained off. I agree the pricing structure needs to be addressed but the fans are also jaded. Wait till playoff time.

A few points:

A: I think the crowds have been louder this year, in general - on TV, it sounds that way, plus the one game I went to, the crowd was certainly louder.

B: I think the lounges and the way that is set up naturally makes fans quieter down low. Milling in and out for free food means a less rowdy crowd.

C: I like the organ, but even if I didn't, it sure beats blasting bland rock tunes that people have heard 10,000 times. It's a distinctive sound that says 'Let's get ready for Devils hockey' instead of 'I could be at the mall music store, or possibly in Philadelphia'. Christmas tunes are a pretty awful choice though. I think the super-loud music during the game hurts the crowd in general, but as I've said elsewhere, I suspect the Devils may be operating on the same premise as sh!tty bars - play music loud enough, people can't talk to each other and they have to drink more(/eat more) as a result.

The accustics, although not crazy as advertised, aren't the problem. When people go to concerts like Bon Jovi or Metallica next month, they'll say how loud it is. Even the Seton Hall/Louisville game was loud from what I heard, and that's with the upper deck curtained off. I agree the pricing structure needs to be addressed but the fans are also jaded. Wait till playoff time.

It's not that the acoustics are bad at the Rock. It's that for Devils games the rowdies are packed together way up in the top ring, which is shorter, has less rows and is much closer to the roof -- compared to the CAA.

I've sat a bunch of times in the mezzanine 100s behind the goals, and even there, the 200s seem a half a world away. Never mind how far away the 200s must seem to people sitting down low.

I would imagine tix to Seton Hall games are a much cheaper, and so their crazy fans are able to sit much lower down, closer to the action. And rock concert crowds are a whole other story. At those events, everybody sings and makes noise.

I was at the game against Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago. My buddy and I had seats in the 200s but there were a bunch of empty seats around us when we went down to watch warmups so we stayed down there. Man, what a bad decision. I might as well have been at a library. I don't understand how people will dish out over $100 on tickets just to sit there with their hands folded. The only people making noise were me, my friend, and some Penguins fan behind us. Unless I somehow stumble upon club seats, or seats right up against the glass, I don't plan on sitting down there again. The 200 level is where the hockey game atmosphere is.

A few points:

A: I think the crowds have been louder this year, in general - on TV, it sounds that way, plus the one game I went to, the crowd was certainly louder.

B: I think the lounges and the way that is set up naturally makes fans quieter down low. Milling in and out for free food means a less rowdy crowd.

C: I like the organ, but even if I didn't, it sure beats blasting bland rock tunes that people have heard 10,000 times. It's a distinctive sound that says 'Let's get ready for Devils hockey' instead of 'I could be at the mall music store, or possibly in Philadelphia'. Christmas tunes are a pretty awful choice though. I think the super-loud music during the game hurts the crowd in general, but as I've said elsewhere, I suspect the Devils may be operating on the same premise as sh!tty bars - play music loud enough, people can't talk to each other and they have to drink more(/eat more) as a result.

We differ there sir. Play me the rock, I've heard a million times. Besides, with a good DJ you won't have that problem.

During the commerical breaks, they were playing like 50s Crooner Xmas tunes with Devils Dancers dacing along.

then shut the fvck up about attendance. don't go, I don't give a sh!t. don't go and then bitch about the fans that ARE there? now you're obnoxious.

Oh boy.. I guess Sean Avery wasn't the only one with anger issues :lol:. Nice avatar by the way, that was a smart bet!

Again, I would like to hear a better atmosphere.. for those who went in the snow - good for you thats great you got out there (no sarcasm either), i just thought the crowd was pretty dead in terms of the atmosphere.. and please dont give me the "OMFG GO TO THE GAMES U fvckER BITCH fvckER YOU, GO COWBOYS!!.." because i could just see on TV that there wasn't many 'LGD!' chants going around, instead there were 'Lets Go Flyers' chants. So what are you gonna say? They blocked out the LGD chants but let the LGF chants slip by? Please..

I dont expect attendance to be good in NJ, even with the move to Newark I didn't expect the attendance to go up.. and on snowy days i cant really complain but i think the atmosphere could be better, no? And again please please please stop with the 'YOU CANT JUDGE THE ATMOSPHERE UNLESS UR AT DA GAME OMFG" sh!t because yes I can they dont block out anything, or at least the MSG Networks dont from what i can tell

I'm sorry, but you cannot tell the volume and noise from the crowds from watching the game on TV. Just not going to happen. The noise does get filtered on TV period. It is better to BE THERE and judge if the crowd is loud or not. Most of the time the crowds are loud and sometimes down right nasty which is great. Today there were times when the crowd was quiet which happens. Then it gets loud and there is the cheering going on an on.

Yes you can. The atmosphere was definitely there for that Devils/Rags game.. you could easily hear LGD and LGR chants going up and the crowd was loud.. all judged from watching the broadcast..

Edited by nmigliore

How can you talk about how much better it is watching on your HDTV and then whine about other people not going? So everyone should go to the games except for you?

OH look who it is..

"How can you talk about how much better it is watching on your HDTV and then whine about other people not going?" - Umm this is simple. I am only whining about crowd noise, i dont really expect big crowds during bad-weather days.. I said I expect better attendance on games like... hmm you know the big game vs Boston on Tuesday.. I merely just complained about the atmosphere (which Chico also said was dead during the 1st period of the PHI game, and BTW guess what -- he was AT the game! Can ya believe that?!).. And the "well you cant say this b/c u werent at the game" bullsh!t doesn't work because you can STILL HEAR chants etc from the crowd (have u ever watched a game on TV by any chance?) and it seemed like the Flyers fan were more into the game than the people there for Christs sakes. Was it because they were closer to an audio equipment? Perhaps, who knows.. i certainly could be wrong.. im just pointing out what i hear and see

"So everyone should go to the games except for you?" - If I had cash to go to the games or if I lived in Newark I would get to to pretty much every game.. I kinda have an HDTV and iO-HD cableset for a reason, and the fact I cant get out to EVERY GAME (like im sure u do, ha) is the main reason I even bothered to get the TV

Edited by nmigliore

OH look who it is..

"How can you talk about how much better it is watching on your HDTV and then whine about other people not going?" - Umm this is simple. I am only whining about crowd noise, i dont really expect big crowds during bad-weather days.. I said I expect better attendance on games like... hmm you know the big game vs Boston on Tuesday.. I merely just complained about the atmosphere (which Chico also said was dead during the 1st period of the PHI game, and BTW guess what -- he was AT the game! Can ya believe that?!).. And the "well you cant say this b/c u werent at the game" bullsh!t doesn't work because you can STILL HEAR chants etc from the crowd (have u ever watched a game on TV by any chance?) and it seemed like the Flyers fan were more into the game than the people there for Christs sakes. Was it because they were closer to an audio equipment? Perhaps, who knows.. i certainly could be wrong.. im just pointing out what i hear and see

I didn't say you can't judge the crowd by the TV, I'm saying you have no right to complain about the people who don't go to the games, or the atmosphere created by the people who actually do go if you just sit on your lazy ass watching the game on your parents' big fancy TV.

"So everyone should go to the games except for you?" - If I had cash to go to the games or if I lived in Newark I would get to to pretty much every game.. I kinda have an HDTV and iO-HD cableset for a reason, and the fact I cant get out to EVERY GAME (like im sure u do, ha) is the main reason I even bothered to get the TV

Bullsh!t, I guarantee my flex plan was cheaper than your TV.

I didn't say you can't judge the crowd by the TV, I'm saying you have no right to complain about the people who don't go to the games, or the atmosphere created by the people who actually do go if you just sit on your lazy ass watching the game on your parents' big fancy TV.

Bullsh!t, I guarantee my flex plan was cheaper than your TV.

-Its my TV. Not my parents. Do you wanna come to my house and see its in my room? Or maybe the receipt? Maybe that will make you happy.. :rolleyes:

-2nd part: Er what..? I could CARE LESS about how much you paid for your flex plan. WTF does it have to do with anything? I dont go to every game because I dont have the money to pay for the tickets and food and parking. If I could I would get season tickets. I have received flex plans as gifts before, so Ill probably get to more games in the 2nd half of this year.. but still I dunno what the hell you are trying to say.. Oh BTW the TV actually isn't only for Devs games.. its also for Mets games, as well as other stuff (although I thought that would be the obvious part, no?). So if you are trying to say that I should go get a flex plan instead of buying the TV, then you are wrong. And lets just say I did only use the TV for Devils games ~ Okay. So I buy a flex plan and thats it.. what about the other 60-70 games? Where do I watch them? Or you know.. what if I had season tickets instead of the TV..? So I go to the 41 home games, what about the other 41 away games? Where do I watch those?

Edited by nmigliore

-Its my TV. Not my parents. Do you wanna come to my house and see its in my room? Or maybe the receipt? Maybe that will make you happy.. :rolleyes:

-2nd part: Er what..? I could CARE LESS about how much you paid for your flex plan. WTF does it have to do with anything? I dont go to every game because I dont have the money to pay for the tickets and food and parking. If I could I would get season tickets. I have received flex plans as gifts before, so Ill probably get to more games in the 2nd half of this year.. but still I dunno what the hell you are trying to say

You said you got the TV because you can't afford to go to games. I don't see how you could afford the TV but not afford to go to a game without getting the tickets as a gift. You also said before that you watch the games on TV because it's better than being there, now all of a sudden you got the TV because you can't afford tickets. Which is it?

You're just making yourself sound like an ass by complaining about everyone else while doing nothing about it, and your excuse for doing nothing about it is that you have an HDTV so it's okay if you don't go to games.

There's no reason Devils fans can't buy the same $10-15-25 seats that opposing teams fans buy. Everyone can afford those tickets, no excuses. I'm tired of seeing opposing team's fans in the seats that our fans should be in.

Don't like the food cost? Eat before the game. There's plenty of places. No excuses.

Can't drive/don't want to drive/don't own a car? Public transportation. It's what it's there for and a big reason why the building is where it is. Perhaps even carpool with a fellow member here on this board if they live by you. No excuses.

You said you got the TV because you can't afford to go to games. I don't see how you could afford the TV but not afford to go to a game without getting the tickets as a gift. You also said before that you watch the games on TV because it's better than being there, now all of a sudden you got the TV because you can't afford tickets. Which is it?

You're just making yourself sound like an ass by complaining about everyone else while doing nothing about it, and your excuse for doing nothing about it is that you have an HDTV so it's okay if you don't go to games.

I have an HDTV for: Mets games, Devils games, Xbox 360, Movies, and to.. well, watch TV (duh?).. I saved up money for the TV because I wanted to buy one, I kinda got sick of playing Xbox and watching my sports team on a crappy quality TV (trust me my old TV was awful).. Also don't stem things: I did not say its better than being there. The only time its worth watching on TV over being there is when the weather is garbage and its better to not go through the hassle and watch it at home (why is this such a problem with you I wonder? Obviously a bunch of other people do the same, look at the attendance the past 2 days; its because of the weather). I do go to games, about 1 per month, sometimes more often than that (i dont even understand why this matters in any case).

Oh yeah Im reaallllyyy complaining, aren't I? All of this stems from antagonist pain in the asses like you who go nuts over a comment. Again I will say it - the atmosphere APPEARED poor the last few home games.. Hopefully its better vs Boston.

I love how something as simple as that ^ can rile people up.. unreal

Edited by nmigliore

I have an HDTV for: Mets games, Devils games, Xbox 360, Movies, and to.. well, watch TV (duh?).. I saved up money for the TV because I wanted to buy one, I kinda got sick of playing Xbox and watching my sports team on a crappy quality TV (trust me my old TV was awful).. Also don't stem things: I did not say its better than being there. The only time its worth watching on TV over being there is when the weather is garbage and its better to not go through the hassle and watch it at home (why is this such a problem with you I wonder? Obviously a bunch of other people do the same, look at the attendance the past 2 days; its because of the weather). I do go to games, about 1 per month, sometimes more often than that (i dont even understand why this matters in any case).

Oh yeah Im reaallllyyy complaining, aren't I? All of this stems from antagonist pain in the asses like you who go nuts over a comment. Again I will say it - the atmosphere APPEARED poor the last few home games.. Hopefully its better vs Boston.

It doesn't matter why you got a TV or why you don't go to games. What matters is that you're complaining about the atmosphere of a game you weren't at. If you DID go through the "hassle" of getting to the game, sat next to Flyers fans, and tried to drown out their cheers with your own, THEN you have a right to complain. Like I said before, someone who doesn't go to the game complaining about the atmosphere is like someone who doesn't vote complaining about who is President. You're doing nothing to remedy the situation, you're just complaining about it. It's only natural for people who did go through all the "hassle" and did what they could to improve the atmosphere to feel insulted by someone who watched on TV complaining about it.

Here's something I want you to look at. Go check out the nhl.com highlights of the devs flyers game... the crowd sounds like its 50 thousand ppl haha. real loud especially on the goals. then try to find the msg+ clips around here or on youtube... hardly sounds like there was a crowd.

ive been to every game in the past 15 days. the rangers game obviously had the best atmosphere as being one of the best games ive ever seen, but the flyers game was a load of fun and had a great crowd. some networks, like msg+ drown out the crowd and i hate that.

Here's something I want you to look at. Go check out the nhl.com highlights of the devs flyers game... the crowd sounds like its 50 thousand ppl haha. real loud especially on the goals. then try to find the msg+ clips around here or on youtube... hardly sounds like there was a crowd.

ive been to every game in the past 15 days. the rangers game obviously had the best atmosphere as being one of the best games ive ever seen, but the flyers game was a load of fun and had a great crowd. some networks, like msg+ drown out the crowd and i hate that.

Maybe someone should inform the Devils of the shenanigans that MSG and MSG-Plus has been pulling?

Sorry about the sizing

I just posted this on the Arena GDT as well. Just wondering what you think NJDevs....

Am I all alone in wondering why Hartnell was allowed to stand in blue paint on the Flyhers first goal? This dude seems to get away with skirting this "rule" more than anybody else. Of course, that sez a good thing, like at least he is camping out in front of the goalie causing traffic.

I'm just sayin', why bother painting the crease if it don't mean nothin'? Know what I mean?

3 seconds prior to the goal Hartnell backs into the crease.

hartnell1yf2.jpg

Carter about to reeive the pass 2 seconds prior to goal. notice Hartnell never left the crease and no puck in the crease still.

hartnell2jx9.jpg

Edited by Masked Fan