Would you go to a rangers game if given a free ticket?

Bringbackbrylin

I would definitely go, and I have many times. Up until about 2004, my Uncle had season tickets to the Rangers. He took me to my first ever game in 1995 (Devils @ Rangers 1-1 tie). Over the years, I've gone to many non-Devil Ranger games, including a game against Calgary where Flames fans had nearly 2 full sections in one end of the rink. The Rangers scored, and 2 fans with Ranger flags ran up between their sections to taunt the Calgary fans. Calgary scored seconds after the ensuing face-off, and the 2 Ranger fans disappeared in the celebration. :giggle:

A more poignant moment was the home opener of the 2001-02 season, just weeks after September 11th. The Rangers played the Sabres, and both teams wore jersey's with 'New York' down the front the way the Rangers one looks now. I remember there being standing ovations every time any one in uniform walked along the walkway between the uppers and lowers. Police, firefighters, military. It was a real special game.

I'm a Devils fan first, but I love the sport. I'm always happy to see any game.

psh msg bsg i've went in with a devils rangers suck jersey all they do is run their mouths. Surprisingly they're still high from 1994

I agree with this. At the skills last night, my buddy saw a wraparound attempt and said 'Matteau! Matteau!!'. My reply was 'Still on that after 15 years? Or 3 Cups later?'

Ha, all he said was, "Sigh. Yeah, I know."

I like being a d!ck to fans I don't like. I wouldn't pass up Devils tickets to see the Rags play someone else, but otherwise, I would go and annoy the Rangers fan.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I have Devil's season's tickets but I have gladly passed several time from friends who have offered me Rag$ tickets.

The thought of going to that toilet bowl is not very appealing to me. Everytime I have been to MSG, the Devils have been there.

Are you kidding? Until corporate budget cuts and layoffs, I used to go to MSG once a week for free and had the suites once a month for my friends and I.

Any chance to go to a game (and cheer for the opposition at MSG) at no cost is always welcomed.

This.

I went to over 30 Rangers games one season in the early 00's as they sucked and noone else wanted the tickets. Free hockey is free hockey. I worked in the city so it was so easy just jumping on the train after the game. OTOH, I would have had to think long and hard about going to the Meadowlands on a weeknight even with free tickets.

OTOH, I would have had to think long and hard about going to the Meadowlands on a weeknight even with free tickets.

Great point as usual Petey. MSG is so bloody easy to get to whether your working in NYC or just taking the train in. The Meadowlands was in the middle of nowhere and a pain in the arse to get to.

Since I don't use a car, I would have to take a bus into NYC from Hoboken to come back to NJ to see a Devils game. Ridiculous. Odin be praised for the ROCK and the easy access to it.