GDT: Devils @ Bruins 7PM, MSG, NESN

BlizzardCyclone

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, did you really expect us to dominate the Bruins for 60 minutes? If anything color me impressed with the Devils if this thing even gets to OT, especially after coming back to tie.

The way they had been playing for the first two periods had me fooled I guess.

Great win. Thank you Clemmensen; best pickup off waivers of the 09' fantasy league. Hahaha

There is no way we can go to Marty playing every game with the way Clemmer is playing. Marty will get some well deserved rest in the future and this should extend his career in the long run.

Edited by Biggie B

ah, what a nice win - we beat boston AND their officials.

in fairness to the refs, they did let new jersey get away with absolute murder after they made that spectacularly atrocious call.

but that's not who's important - who's important is everyone else who's awesome. colin white has been playing some of the best hockey of his career lately. langenbrunner with his timely goals. parise's touch around the net. elias's skates around the net. oduya's tremendous keep in that led to the 3rd devils goal.

LANGENBRUNNER IN OVERTIME!!!! :boogie::dance::boogie::dance:

WOW, what a game and a well deserved win for the Devils. There were some fluky goals in this one, but the Devils came through and now on a 7-game winning streak. :koolaid: Man this felt like a playoff game in January and I was so pumped up on the Elias tying goal and the Langenbrunner OT GWG. Langenbrunner is hot right now-4 goals in two games and Parise with his 29th goal of the season to tie Vanek for 3rd overall. Zajac came so close to making it 3-0 and we may have had a different game if that puck went in.

This Boston team is good, but the Devils can play with them. They had the 2-0 lead then the fluky goals came, but the Devils didn't quit. They wanted this game and a much earned 2-points for the Devils.

The Devils played the 1st period well and the 2nd period by the devils I think was their best 2nd period of the season. the 3rd was shaky for them but they pulled it out to tie it and then get the win in OT. Boston loses for the 1st time in OT this year. Good, fvck Boston.

Go Devils!!! Make it 8-in a row tomorrow night!

Hasan, while I don't expect the Devils to dominate the full 60 minutes, some of the atrocious defensive breakdowns are what really bothered me. I realize that the teams will switch off in puck possession, but that's not an excuse for leaving guys open in the defensive zone.

Although the Devils played an incredible first two periods, the defensive lapses in the third made them lucky to get out of the game with two points.

What do you take from a game like this? Evidence showing that a team has character and resiliency, to fight back against and good team and the refs? Or nervousness that the Devils D is still missing a player, a likely cause of the defensive mistakes?

Hasan, while I don't expect the Devils to dominate the full 60 minutes, some of the atrocious defensive breakdowns are what really bothered me. I realize that the teams will switch off in puck possession, but that's not an excuse for leaving guys open in the defensive zone.

Although the Devils played an incredible first two periods, the defensive lapses in the third made them lucky to get out of the game with two points.

What do you take from a game like this? Evidence showing that a team has character and resiliency, to fight back against and good team and the refs? Or nervousness that the Devils D is still missing a player, a likely cause of the defensive mistakes?

first of all resiliency isn't a word or at least it shouldn't be. chico uses it all the time and it drives me up a wall.

anyway - defensive lapses? the first goal was on clemmensen and andy greene almost made a tremendous play to stop a goal - salvador was the one who roofed it. goal 2 that guy wasn't that tremendously open and the pass to get to him was pretty nuts and on goal 3 it was a power play goal - i don't see who was ridiculously open there, zubrus should've had his stick in the lane but missed the pass. the devils played very good defense tonight against a team that can roll 3 strong lines. i don't see how bringing in one guy is going to change what happened tonight.

Edited by Triumph

Another suprising and incredible thing is about this Devils team this year is that they are (23-0-1) when leading after two periods. The 8th time Clemmensen had the shutout going into the 3rd and did not get it, but got the win (8-0). That is good meaning the Devils do what it takes to win the game.

Last time Devils' teams had that kind of record and did that, they won the SC.