signed pucks yesterday?

No1betterNJDevs

Did anybody actually get a mystery puck yesterday?! They were sold out in like 10 minutes. A guy in front of me bought 40 pucks! and most likely than not, I bet we all know where those pucks are going. Straight to Ebay. That was a bunch of crap, they should've had and limit, and if the money was for a good cause, they should've have more.

Did anybody actually get a mystery puck yesterday?! They were sold out in like 10 minutes. A guy in front of me bought 40 pucks! and most likely than not, I bet we all know where those pucks are going. Straight to Ebay. That was a bunch of crap, they should've had and limit, and if the money was for a good cause, they should've have more.

It happens, I was disappointed I didnt get a puck but at least the money is going to a good cause, can't complain.

It happens, I was disappointed I didnt get a puck but at least the money is going to a good cause, can't complain.

Yea, I agree. But just for the simple fact that the money was going to a good cause, they should've had more, and they could've made a lot more money. Nothing seemed to go my way yesterday. lol. I was in such a bad mood. All I could do now,is hope that the Devils bring all they got, against the Rangers tomorrow.

If they go on ebay, he'll be losing money.

It wasnt about everyone getting a chance to get a puck, it was about raising money for the great cause...

The Devils didnt care if someone bought all 500, as long as they were all sold.....

WAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHH I didnt get a puck, WAAAAHHHH he got more than me, that is not fair! WAAAHHHH!

so much crying, whining and complaining. :rolleyes:

My GF, myself and a buddy all bought 2 each. We could've bought more, but I think 2 was a fair limit per person to be honest. We live arpund Poughkeepsie NY, so we got down to Newark around 4-ish to make sure we would be good for the pucks. We were like, maybe 20th in line? All you really had to do was get there early and go straight to that line. I agree, they should have had more, but then again who knows if it was a problem to have more or not. Steiner does have contract with players to sign stuff, no? Maybe they didn't want to have too many? I dunno...Either way...

I got a Langenbrunner and a Martin. GF got a Langenbrunner and a Greene. Buddy got a Holik and Weekes. I was happy, as we all got cup winning players.

The Devils have a history of not being organized or not THINKING ahead... See last year's draft day party and the puck issue... This is not limited to one event. Don't think it will stop either. I hope everyone who wanted one or two got one. As for anyone buying 40... I find it hard to beleive, but this is the Devils and you'd be suprised at what is missed all the time.

I was able to get a ten dollar tix for yesterday's game. First on line and that will probably be the only time that happens for me. I ran upstairs and got on the line. Man was it long. I had heard some dude bought 40 pucks, which I thought kinda sucked. I think they should set a limit so that everyone attending has a fair shot if they choose. Anyway, my puck turned out to be Johnny Oduya. Not a Marty, or Stevens or Parise or Danakyo, but I'm happy to add it to my growing Signed Devils puck collection.

Edited by yankeesjetsfan

It wasnt about everyone getting a chance to get a puck, it was about raising money for the great cause...

The Devils didnt care if someone bought all 500, as long as they were all sold.....

WAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHH WAAAAHHHH I didnt get a puck, WAAAAHHHH he got more than me, that is not fair! WAAAHHHH!

so much crying, whining and complaining. :rolleyes:

STFU. They could've raised a lot more for charity having more than 500 pucks, while giving everyone a chance to buy them. You're probably the moron that was in charge of the whole thing.

STFU. They could've raised a lot more for charity having more than 500 pucks, while giving everyone a chance to buy them. You're probably the moron that was in charge of the whole thing.

They could have had 2,000 pucks limited to one or two per person and the individual who was in line after the 2,000th puck was sold would complain they didn't get one or not enough people had a chance. It doesn't matter how many they had. People will complain all the time about things they didn't get.

The real issue was the distribution, nothing else. That is a legit beef and complaint and something the Devils predictably screwed up.

Edited by SJP20

They could have had 2,000 pucks limited to one or two per person and the individual who was in line after the 2,000th puck was sold would complain they didn't get one or not enough people had a chance. It doesn't matter how many they had. People will complain all the time about things they didn't get.

The real issue was the distribution, nothing else. That is a legit beef and complaint and something the Devils predictably screwed up.

You're probably right, but at least if they have 2,000, pucks it would've been a reasonable number. If I couldn't get one of 2,000 pucks, I for one wouldn't complain. Can't speak for everyone else though.

That still would have been a lot better than having 100-250 people (max) get pucks because the earlybirds bought up a boxful, not to mention infinitely fairer.

There's been so much of an outcry they may wind up doing the puck promotion again later on in some capacity anyway, the way that after dollar dog night proved popular they started stuffing them all over the schedule.

I was next to the guy who bought a boatload of pucks. He got 30, and the limit was ten. He bought ten for himself, ten for the woman with him, and ten for the special needs kid with them, too. Not exactly fair or in the spirit of the rules, but I guess technically, that's still within the 10 puck limit per person. Still, a part of me hopes he got 30 pucks signed by a Jay, Leach or Pandolfo.

I'm sure the Devils will run the promo again and there will be a lower puck limit per person, based on all the whiners who complained they couldn't get a signed puck for a charity. And if any of those pucks ended up on eBay, only an idiot would buy them. There's no certificate of authenticity, so it could be any schmuck who wrote his name on them. I might use my Colin White puck as a coaster.

As for having more pucks available, the Mystery Puck promotion may be new to NJ, but it's not new. Chicago, San Jose, Florida and Nashville, off the top of my head, have all done it, and all those teams cap the distribution at around 500 (The Hawks had 600 for their last event, I believe). So the Devils having only 500 is simply par for the course. Not to mention that in San Jose, there was no limit to the number of pucks you can buy at all.

I purchased 4 pucks in hopes of getting a "decent" one. First two I opened were Daneyko's, the next an Elias and the final one a Parise.

I do feel bad for those that didn't get any, but I did sacrifice the better part of my afternoon to get there early at 4:00pm (I'm over two hours away) and stand around and wait for the doors to open. I was just playing by the rules posted on the Devils website (no limit per person). I think the rules su** and that whomever is responsible for setting the rules and the limit of 500 pucks should be fired. How could they have underestimated the demand for this promotion? The fact that this money is going for a great charity and the event could have raised probably 4 or 5 times what it did (that's $50,000 compared to $10,000) is inexcusable. I sure wouldn't want the person or persons responsible for this fiasco working for my company.

People are getting way too offended by the Mystery Pucks promotion. Yeah, it was poorly run and some people spent a ton of money to unnecessarily gobble up pucks. This was the first time that the Devils did this so I am willing to give them a pass for organization. As the poster above pointed out, the amount of pucks available is in line with similar promotions done by other teams. Based on the success, in terms of $ raised, I am sure the team will do it again and it will be better organized. If anyone is upset about not being able to shell out $20 for a signed puck, just buy a puck for $3 and wait after almost any home game. The only person mentioned here who showed up on a signed mystery puck that I have not seen sign autographs outside of the Rock this year was Stevens. The point was to raise some money for charity and that was apparently a success. People worrying about not having the opportunity to buy pieces of vulcanized rubber with Sharpie scribbled on them are missing the forest for the trees.