Trade Rumors

JakeDev

February 19, 2009, NHL Rumors

* New Jersey Devils reportedly looking for some help on the blue line, with Chris Pronger and Scott Niedermayer of the Anaheim Ducks and Derek Morris and Ed Jovanovski of the Phoenix Coyotes on their radar -- ESPN

http://www.mahalo.com/NHL_Trade_Rumors

I wouldn't mind having Chris Pronger to add an aggressive force to the team.... idk about the rest of the guys thou

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, anaheim becomes a trash can???

They've been one since embarrassing the league with their idiot disney mickey mouse name and Pouting overrated stiff goalie, why should they be any different now?? :P

I think I'd just send future considerations.

I don't think Greene's career is over. He can get better in a dif environment. If we are going to take Nieds they need salary coming back their way (Pandolfo). I don't think Zubrus is going to be traded. Madden is playing better maybe they want him. Package him with a prospect who knows.

I'd send Greene/Salmela/Pandolfo + pick to Anaheim for Neids.

Current cap space: 1.997

Subtract these salaries (well technically add to current cap space):

-Andy Greene: .600

-Anssi Salmela: .428

-Jay Pandolfo: 2.5

Then cap space: 5.525

Nieds' cap hit: 6.750

~ How can we do this?

Edited by nmigliore

Throw in Marty and sounds good to Anaheim.

Not that I'd ever want Marty traded but I feel like his absence has shown us that our team can survive without him. I'm impressed.

Current cap space: 1.997

Subtract these salaries (well technically add to current cap space):

-Andy Greene: .600

-Anssi Salmela: .428

-Jay Pandolfo: 2.5

Then cap space: 5.525

Nieds' cap hit: 6.750

~ How can we do this?

Nieds would be here for the cup run. His contract would be pro rated for the amount of time he spends with us for the rest of the season so it wouldn't be 6 mil. Someone can do the math and figure it out for me. Then he's a UFA after this year. He can retire or go somewhere else if he wants.

Not that I'd ever want Marty traded but I feel like his absence has shown us that our team can survive without him. I'm impressed.

Nieds would be here for the cup run. His contract would be pro rated for the amount of time he spends with us for the rest of the season so it wouldn't be 6 mil. Someone can do the math and figure it out for me. Then he's a UFA after this year. He can retire or go somewhere else if he wants.

Ah alright, i actually didn't know that. So I assume its about or less than 3? Ill take it

I think that deal is interesting.. Nieds is a free agent after the year, ANH gets a young dman in return and a draft pick.. they wont take Pando though.. i would say other teams would come up with a better off, but, would Nieds waive his NTC for anyone else but NJ?

Edited by nmigliore

184 days is the full season amount of days that players get paid for. So if you take

100% = 184 days = 6.75

?%= 35 days (estimate) = ?

Someone has to do the math.

1.28 cap hit.... if im doing it right.. (6.75 over 184, ? over 35 .. 6.75 x 35, then divide that by 184)

edit: yea u got it

Edited by nmigliore

~ How can we do this?

its been sorta answered already, but with brodeur being out for so long and the devils not really replacing his cap hit, they have enough prorated cap space for the end of the season to acquire just about anyone they want - capwise for the rest of the year.

a big cap number coming back means having to make decisions on oduya, madden, gionta and zajac - by that i mean at least two of them won't be here next year.

I don't think Greene's career is over. He can get better in a dif environment. If we are going to take Nieds they need salary coming back their way (Pandolfo). I don't think Zubrus is going to be traded. Madden is playing better maybe they want him. Package him with a prospect who knows.

Regarding your initial offer:

Greene: has yet to show he can play well at the NHL level for any real stretch.

Salmela: clearly a project, and not ready for the NHL.

Pando: a healthy scratch who has two more years coming to him.

+ pick

Why again would Anaheim do this? They know the Devils will be trading for Nieds thinking that he could very well help them win a Cup. They won't care that the Devils are renting...they'll ask for at least one fairly significant piece. Two huge question marks and a guy on the decline ain't going to get it done.

Okay I did the math. IF Neids was on the books for the Devs for 35 days from the deadline til the end of the season the Devils would have to pay him 1,282,500

Dollars? Or will he take 1,282,500 of something else? :whistling:

Regarding your initial offer:

Greene: has yet to show he can play well at the NHL level for any real stretch.

Salmela: clearly a project, and not ready for the NHL.

Pando: a healthy scratch who has two more years coming to him.

+ pick

Why again would Anaheim do this? They know the Devils will be trading for Nieds thinking that he could very well help them win a Cup. They won't care that the Devils are renting...they'll ask for at least one fairly significant piece. Two huge question marks and a guy on the decline ain't going to get it done.

Maybe include Gionta. Who knows though what Lou is thinking.