GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Boston Bruins 3/22/09

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh. tough game, brodeur played terrible and 2 fluke bounces accounted for the other goals. maxpower is right in that the devils' offense didn't look like anything special - it didn't - but neither was boston's some unstoppable juggernaut.

andy greene played really well even besides his goal. he's really not a terrible option as a #7 d man.

would've liked to see something more done about aaron ward, but sometimes that's how it goes. boston played a pretty dirty game today all things considered.

When they did a pan of the bench, I see a team that didn't care. we're resorting back to our typical "We have Marty.. fvck trying hard, and fvck scoring. Marty, can you pweeze keep us in it?". If we lose tomorrow, the Flyers will have a head of steam and will have a better-than-good chance at taking the division from us; and I sure as hell don't feel like facing the fvcking Raggots in the first round again.

you have no idea what you're talking about.

It's a loss and I'm not going to worry too much about it, but the Bruins would be a really tough matchup if the Devils are so fortunate to meet them in the playoffs.

The team clearly misses Colin White. He definitely deserves the unheralded award that they give out at the end of the year. Andy Greene and Mike Mottau did not play well today and all and really have to man up.

Dainius Zubrus really needs to step it up as well. The man is playing like Victor Kozlov version two. Take a lesson from Milan Lucic and Blake Wheeler and play big and actually take it strong to the net. He had a few good opportunities today and decided he was better off circling around the net.

Blame Marty on some cheesy goals, but the fact is the Devils only scored one goal. His off game really didn't matter in the end.

Nothing like a game against Boston to show us how far from an elite team we are. If we play Boston in 7 games in the playoffs, we win 1 game. Maybe.

Haha, good one. You mean the same Bruins team who had won 6 out of their previous 19 games before tonight? The same Bruins team who has a 17 point lead in the standings over the Devils at one point? Relax man it's not that big of a deal. They're special teams came through while the Devils struggled all game long. Marty wasn't sharp on a couple of goals and with that pretty much all chance of gaining some points in this game was lost. Like maxpower said, the schedule blows chunks right now and the Devils aren't exactly spring chickens out there.

When they did a pan of the bench, I see a team that didn't care. we're resorting back to our typical "We have Marty.. fvck trying hard, and fvck scoring. Marty, can you pweeze keep us in it?". If we lose tomorrow, the Flyers will have a head of steam and will have a better-than-good chance at taking the division from us; and I sure as hell don't feel like facing the fvcking Raggots in the first round again.

lol. the flyers will be 7 back with 10 games left if they win tomorrow in regulation. please tell me in what world that represents a 'better than good' chance at taking anything.

Edited by Triumph

Disappointing.

The first ten minutes of the third featured some of the absolute best puck movement I've seen all YEAR by the Devils, with no result. Boston was all over everyone all game, tight-checking. Penalties hurt us again, but at least we didn't take that many.

Not a great game. Boo.

Blessing in disguise. Just you wait. The Devils will come out like their hair is on fire tommorow, and when we play these guys in the playoffs, anyone think they'll forget the Chara boarding Zach and the facewash he got? When Marty shuts these guys down, you better believe that it was because he now knows he can't cheat on them too.

Don't make it more than it was, Brodeur sucked today and the hockey gods gave the bruins all the bounces. The only impressive goal scored in today's game was by the devils. If the devils got that first goal the bruins would have folded.

Yea, we really need that 1st one dont we?

Nothing like a game against Boston to show us how far from an elite team we are. If we play Boston in 7 games in the playoffs, we win 1 game. Maybe.

I seriously thought you were being sarcastic. We've split against the big, bad Bruins this year - the sky is falling. Yeah the penalty kill's sucked two of the last three games, I think missing our second best defenseman has something to do with that.

Did you really care that much about the top seed? Please...Boston needs the #1 a heck of a lot more than we do and needed a win bad at home. We didn't get a bounce on any of the goals, it happens.

At least today if nothing else was a reality check to those of you that thought Boston was garbage (though they had played like it lately). I could care less about first, they're still in good position to hang onto second with a win tomorrow and they usually rebound off of bad performances.

Edited by Hasan4978

7 points back with a game in hand, a head of steam, and a patty-cake schedule. Out of their remaining games ten games after us, 7 games are against non-playoff teams, including 2 against the Isles and 2 against Toronto. In our remaining 9 games, 5 are against playoff teams, and a mere 4 are played at home. I'd like to think we have our division locked up, like you, but I really don't.

and? the division isn't locked up, but the devils are 95% to win it. they win tomorrow it's over. they even get one point out of tomorrow's game while the flyers get two and it will be a very difficult climb.

And please, my comment was out of anger. But continue to rip me, while others said stuff as wonderful as "Look, we finally have Mr. Softy in net" and "lol at catching boston". I was pissed because I just wasted 2 hours of my life watching a dismal game, and we needed this game if we were to catch boston.

well i don't care about catching boston. i care about getting prepared to play in the playoffs. the devils still had a ton of puck possession and put 40 shots on net like they are doing seemingly every night. this is a tremendous team - one game they don't get the breaks and all the sudden we're going nowhere.

Edited by Triumph

What??? It was more like: "Marty can you please stop being a liability in net tonight?" As we've seen in past devils/bruins games, the goalies need to make the saves that should be saved, and Marty didn't do that today, Clemmensen did.

Edited by The Facepainter