Official 2009 New York Mets Offseason Thread

Prucenterrules

Eh, there's a lot we will never know. I think I'm gonna take there word for it. In other news he was not wearing a bullpen jacket and the mullet is in full force.

To be fair, he was the only guy that could make Ollie look like he belongs in the big league, let alone a #2.

yeah but Minaya not having a HS degree and yet the GM of the Mets? Manuel "backstabbing" to become a manager even though it was clear that the axe would fall eventually on Willie?

Peterson has always been a weird man..... I have no reason to believe his crap.

(sorry dont get me wrong DP26 im not disputing what your friends said, im just disputing what Peterson told them)

Eh, there's a lot we will never know. I think I'm gonna take there word for it. In other news he was not wearing a bullpen jacket and the mullet is in full force.

To be fair, he was the only guy that could make Ollie look like he belongs in the big league, let alone a #2.

Meh... I'll always blame Peterson for the Kazmir trade. He can go screw as far as I'm concerned. I agree with him though that the Mets are the worst run team in sports... just behind the Clippers.

in minor league news.. if anyone remembers last year's top mets' latin signing, 3B Aderlin Rodriguez, is making his debut in the Gulf Coast League (rookie level) today.. the 17-year old is listed as 6'3 and 210 lbs

Edited by nmigliore

yeah but Minaya not having a HS degree and yet the GM of the Mets? Manuel "backstabbing" to become a manager even though it was clear that the axe would fall eventually on Willie?

Peterson has always been a weird man..... I have no reason to believe his crap.

(sorry dont get me wrong DP26 im not disputing what your friends said, im just disputing what Peterson told them)

I understand. I just don't think he would lie over anything at this point. I could have sworn I saw something about the backstabbing a while back, maybe the offseason. I'm just fed up with everything about the mets at this point.

pagan is making some statement, that was some shot..

i've always liked pagan (remember the beginning of last year when i thought he should be the starting LF'er with Alou down? heh), hopefully this team keeps him around as their 4th OF'er next year.

btw, how about Parnell with a hit? he looked like he knew what he was doing up there.

edit: Parnell finishes it off.. 3 IP, 1 hit, 0 runs, 0 BB, 3 K .. only 30 pitches.. hmmmmm?

Edited by nmigliore

All this talk about next year has got me thinking.

C: ?

1B: ?

2B: Castillo, Murph? Cora?

3B: Wright

SS: Reyes

RF: Francoeur

CF: Beltran

LF: Fmart? Pagan?

The pitching is scary. We have Johan and a bunch of #4's.

mets are gonna HAVE to pickup a #2 starter via free agency (john lackey?) or a trade if they wanna compete with philly .. C and 1B remain a mystery yet, Ike Davis and Josh Thole seem like the future at those positions but neither might be ready by the 2010 season.. i could see the mets bringing in both a C and 1B on a 1-year deal.. no way should the mets hand FMart the LF job, that would be a mistake; he still needs some reps in AAA and he clearly didnt look big-league ready when he was up here.. I love Pagan and hes on a nice run but right now hes the 4th OF'er for 2010 as far as Im concerned..

Edited by nmigliore

Yes I agree that unfortunately they should shut down Reyes for the season. :(

Nice to see the Mets beat the piss out of the Cardinals today 9-0 after KRod and Green gave away the game last night! Wright with another HR and Pagan (who i always liked as well) is tearing it up right now and has his 2nd HR of the season. That was some HR shot he had today. Unfortunately another injury as Niese was injured in the 2nd and looks to be his groin or hamstring. Ugh!

Castillo falling down the dugout stairs last night tops the Mets season off as he sprained his left ankle. Wright looks to be the only position player not to get injured this season. the long list of Mets on the IR or DL continues...Good to see Figeroa comeback and pitch 4 1/3 of scoreless innings and Parnell also doing well today with the 3 scoreless innings pitched.

Onto now a long West coast trip for the Mets and they need to make up some ground in the WC and the division as they play SD for 4-games and ARZ for 3-games this coming week. Need to payback on both of those teams. Mets need to win those series' if they want to have any chance of making a run.

Edited by SatansDevils

Parnell also doing well today with the 3 scoreless innings pitched.

Jerry mentioned in the post-game interview that starting Parnell could be an option. Although I think his stuff suits him better as a reliever, I would love to see him get a few starts, the Mets have nothing to lose.

Was it a sprain or a tear for Niese? A few inning after it happened Hagan reported it as a sprain.

supposedly its a tear..

Following the game, Jerry Manuel told reporters that Niese most likely has a tear in the hamstring.

http://www.metsblog.com/2009/08/05/injury-niese-leaves-early/

Edited by nmigliore

well its official:

Jon Niese is out for the season. Here's the Mets statement:

"Jonathon Niese has been admitted to the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York. An MRI this afternoon revealed a complete tear of the right upper hamstring tendon from the bone. He will undergo surgery for its repair. Niese is out for the remainder of the season and is expected to be ready for Spring Training."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/#ixzz0NM10a8It

Mets re-acquire Anderson Hernandez for prospect Greg Veloz

well... veloz is nothing special and this team is stacked with middle infield prospects that have performed better than him. hernandez will give the team some depth with castillo's injury.. i dont have a problem with this trade, we really didn't give up anything.

this move also lets the mets (hopefully) bump up josh satin to high-A to replace veloz.. satin has put up great numbers in A and deserves a promotion due to his age (kind of old for the SAL) and production.

Edited by nmigliore

Anderson Hernandez was with the Mets, couldn't hit a lick, cast off to Washington where he promptly killed the Mets with his bat and his glove...now back with the Mets where he won't hit a lick and will promptly get hurt.

Jerry mentioned in the post-game interview that starting Parnell could be an option. Although I think his stuff suits him better as a reliever, I would love to see him get a few starts, the Mets have nothing to lose.

Well parnell was a starter in the minors and I would like to see him get a chance to start a game or two for the Mets. For all we know he could be the next David Cone. :lol: I hope parnell does get a start and he does very well. I agree at this point they really have nothing to lose.

As far as Niese, it is a torn hamstring and they are reporting that he is out for the season and will have surgery on that torn hamstring. The Mets injuries is really ridiculious this season. Never saw a team like the Mets with so many guys on the DL at one time in a season. Shame.

Jerry Manuel has named Bobby Parnell as his Saturday starter in place of Mike Pelfrey, who will be pushed to Monday in Arizona. Parnell will be on a 60-75 pitch limit. Manuel said the Mets had toyed with the idea of sending Parnell to winter ball to set him up for competing for a rotation spot in spring training anyway. Now, Parnell can get that work in-season.

also..

Cardinals reliever Brad Thompson has received a three-game suspension for throwing near the head of David Wright on Wednesday. Wright said he was satisfied with MLB's prompt response, but added: "That doesn't take back what he did."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/#ixzz0NRyB0ROm

Edited by nmigliore

they suck in San Diego.. typical Livan outing.. he either goes 5-7 innings and gives up 1-2 runs or goes 5-7 innings and gives up 5-6 runs.

Yeah, pretty much. I really wish the Mets had someone else (youth) to take his place in the rotation...overall he's been decent for a #5, but he doesn't fit into the Mets' plans beyond this year...his starts are just a waste of time at this point. Maybe someone will trade for him, but it's not going to be for anything more than a bag of balls.