Is is still bad luck to wish for a 1st round opponent?

devilsrule33

Schneider out for the year while Markov out for 3 weeks.

The defence corps for the Montreal Canadiens took a major hit Monday, as TSN learned that the Habs will be without leading scorer Andrei Markov for three weeks and Mathieu Schneider's season is over.

Both players underwent x-rays and MRI's earlier in the day after being injured during Saturday's victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs. The team has yet to reveal the nature of either's injuries.

RDS is reporting that Schneider will likely have to undergo season-ending surgery while Markov would likely return by the end of the month.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274015

Some people are too young to remeber what happened last time we faced who we "wanted to" 2002 should ring a bell.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

IMO it makes no difference who we play, there are no "easy" opponents in the playoffs, may as well face a tougher opponent like the Pens or Carolina as opposed to the Habs or Panthers. Were gonna have to face a tough opponent sooner or later, may as well play 'em now.

Montreal's FAR from assured of a playoff spot...if they lose tonight they could be in real trouble with games at the Garden and Boston (who's definitely going to be up to spoil their rivals' season) and a home matchup against Pittsburgh who may still be in contention for home ice.

It's probably a good thing that there are still too many positions in flux, can't really worry about who we're playing since it could be any of a handful of teams.

Edited by Hasan4978

Some people are too young to remeber what happened last time we faced who we "wanted to" 2002 should ring a bell.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

IMO it makes no difference who we play, there are no "easy" opponents in the playoffs, may as well face a tougher opponent like the Pens or Carolina as opposed to the Habs or Panthers. Were gonna have to face a tough opponent sooner or later, may as well play 'em now.

Many of us did learn back in 2002 the hard way there NZT including myself. Will never do it again. Whoever the Devils play in Round 1 of the NHL Playoffs is fine with me. It will be tough no matter who it is because the lower seeded teams will be on their game as their playoff seasons have already started.

In response to your question, it is not bad luck to wish for an opponent. Fans don't affect the outcome of playoff series.

I wouldn't recommend that the PLAYERS take any team lightly though.

That being said, the Devs match up well against Montreal, and it would be a good situation for the Devils if they showed up and played well.

Edited by Jerrydevil

It will be tough no matter who it is because the lower seeded teams will be on their game as their playoff seasons have already started.

That can wear them out though. It's hard to play with that kind of intensity for a long time.

Edited by Prucenterrules

Seriously... like there's some hockey god's going "OMG LIKE WTF THEY SED DAT DEY WANTED MUNTRAELL SO OMG LULZ WATCH WUT GONNA HAPPEN TO DOSE FANS!". I'm sure there were plenty of people who "wanted" the Florida panthers in '00, I know I wanted Boston in 2003 and I sure as hell wanted Tampa next as opposed to the flyers... but these dates aren't mentioned because they don't fit in with the popular belief that your team is doomed to evil if you root for one playoff opponent over another.

+1

I want the Habs, too.

But first, let's play some hockey and take care of that 2nd seed in the East, otherwise there is small chance we face them.

i just want to avoid pittsburgh. a team with bill guerin on it beating the devils in the playoffs would be too much to bear.

not to mention we'd play the ENTIRE series shorthanded :P

I want the Rangers. If we're serious about winning a Cup this year, let's start by cleaning out the closet. Cup champions fear no one. We get the Rangers, beat Avery and the Queen, and move on. We then look back at the path to glory and appreciate the bloody mess we left behind us.

Besides, think how much fun the chat room will be over the summer having done that? ;)