dantesinferno

I will post my thoughts on those:

Disagree

Disagree

Disagree

Disagree

Not enough to matter

Disagree

+1. I love how so many people on here apparently know Brodeur personally, or through media interviews and game performances they can completely tell that he no longer cares, he has 'lost interest' and he no longer has the drive to play. The guy's been playing hockey since elementary school, it's his ENTIRE LIFE, but now that he is the best of the best clearly he doesn't want to play anymore!

Does common sense exist anymore?

I'm sure this thread will cover all the bases, but I have to take issue with this particular point:

We will never know the behind the scenes locker room dynamics but clearly the team chemistry went through some type of transformation. Was the team, as a group simply having more fun and playing better without MB30 on the ice and around the locker room? Was the focus more on

BTW, what is with all the Marty bashers coming out of the woodwork lately. Has there ever been a guy who has done so much for a team in his career gets bashed as much for a few bad games late in the season when everything in clinched? Either we have the most spoiled fans in sports, these are actually Ranger fans posing as Devil fans, or a combination of both.

Also, he's coming off an injury. Adrenaline can take you far, but eventually it runs out and that's what's happened. I think what we're seeing is good old fashioned rust that had been masked by adrenaline. Also, the team isn't playing great in front of him.

It'll either be okay or it won't; either way the world keeps turning.

Patty sells merchandise, he just does it very quietly.

Is this his store?

molester_van.jpg

Could have sworn saw a guy that looked like Patty (but a little greasier?) rolling around Brooklyn in this. I was gonna stop him to get some stuff but I wasn't sure it was the OFFICIAL store.

I have been reading this board for a year or so and only been posting for a few short months but I've learned pretty quick that alot on here are pretty tough to please. Yeah the Devils are going through a pretty tough patch, and who knows how the playoffs will pan out but are you kidding me. Now that Marty has the record he is done, the fire is gone, he only cares about himself. That's just stupid. The man has been the backbone of this team for over a decade. He just came off a major injury with what, 9 staight wins. It's a bad time for him and the Devils to slump but be realistic. This team has to win 82 games and the cup to not get sh!t every other loss. I'm just as frustrated with the last few games but to put it on one guy just does'nt work. Oh, and for the Sutter comments. The team does have 50 wins under him and not to long ago he was a Jack Adams canidate. I guess the losing streak ended that.

even if he was only in it for himself and his records as you assume, then what about his soon to be shutout record? or winning more cups than any other goaltender? surely these remaining conquests can motivate him to perform.

Hey if he's motivated by stats and wants to win 3 more Cups and get to a conference Finals, to tie Patrick Roy's win record that MATTERS... umm.. hells yes!!! :P

Don't forget, Marty is also a douchebag.

And yes, Patty sells merchandise, he just does it very quietly.

Just to clarify on the MB30 merchandise too: they did a feature on the pre-game with Marty's older brother and his good friend- the two of them run the website. All profits from the sale of MB30 merchandise goes to CHARITY- not into Marty's pockets. I was VERY happy to hear that.

Edited by MadDog2020