Madden and Pandolfo

overtime98

0 goals... 0 assists.

-2 and -1.

These players are supposed to be our top defensive players? they are holding back Shanahan. Who has a goal this series.

Madden and Pandolfo need to play better than this. they need to wake up.

And you expected what exactly, from Madden and Pando offensively? They've combined for 12 goals in 137 games this year. The fact that their combined plus-minus is only -3 (and -1 before last night) despite providing zero offense actually suggests they're doing the job defensively.

Three different lines were on the ice for the goals last night, Sutter actually doesn't line match on the road as much as home, he just plays the top three relatively equal.

madden and pandolfo have been average the last couple of games.

Madden is a veteran and a leader on this team he needs to step up.

Pandolfo is not a goal scorer but he needs to learn to handle the puck better and block more shots. He even admitted that the .2 second goal in game 4 was HIS fault.

They should be getting closer than 10 minutes a night than 15. They right now are getting about the same amount of time as the Parise line, in fact in game 3 they got more ice time than the Parise line. The extra 5 minutes should go to Zajac, Langs, and Parise in addition to some extra shifts for Elias. They are the teams best players they should be getting more ice time.

A checking line is no good if they can't pop in at least a couple goals. Then at best they are preventing both you and the other team from scoring. At worst if they fail to do the job they put the team in a hole.

Madden was certainly our best forward last night. He was the only forward who generated anything close to an effective fore-check.

- Jeff

zubrus did also, even though i know most people here hate to acknowledge when zubrus has a good game, he was probably the devils' best forward last night.

zubrus did also, even though i know most people here hate to acknowledge when zubrus has a good game, he was probably the devils' best forward last night.

I agree with this. I also noticed Zubrus has stepped up his game and has played better

He was fine but when Zubrus is your best forward, usually that means everyone else really sucked. And the fact is he took a retarted penalty in the offensive zone. Even though the Canes didn't score, it allowed them to keep the offensive momentum from the first and continue it into the second. So that penalty wipes out any good he had. He still didn't generate much offense in the end.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard (usually from the same people) 'Zubrus had a good game' when having zero offensive impact I could buy out his contract.

Sometimes you don't need to score goals to make a positive impact on the team. (See: 2000; Stevens, Scott checking Lindros, Eric)

Sometimes you don't need to score goals to make a positive impact on the team. (See: 2000; Stevens, Scott checking Lindros, Eric)

A) You're comparing a defenseman to a forward

B) As a top six forward he's been an utter bust offensively throughout two seasons

C) He's getting paid way too much to be a role player

D) For some reason this board always gives Zubrus the benefit of the doubt on every little thing while hating on Marty, Lou, Elias, basically everyone else.

A) You're comparing a defenseman to a forward

B) As a top six forward he's been an utter bust offensively throughout two seasons

C) He's getting paid way too much to be a role player

D) For some reason this board always gives Zubrus the benefit of the doubt on every little thing while hating on Marty, Lou, Elias, basically everyone else.

Re: D), Tri does it more than everyone else. If you asked everyone to rate Zubrus' performance on a scale of 1-10 since coming here and tallied it up, Tri would be at least a point above the average. I still believe Lou signed Zubrus hoping to get some physical play and size, and 50-60 points worth of production at a reasonable price. He's done about what's been expected, but at roughly 70% of what we hoped for, across the board. I don't hate him and I think people are too hard on him sometimes, but I think Tri is a bit too forgiving with him. I say overall he's been pretty meh.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The Pando-Madden-Shanny line was the only line that consistently spent its shift in the Canes' zone last night. I'm not sure if that's so much of a positive reflection on them or a negative reflection on our top two lines (and to be fair, the Elias-Zubes-Gio line was good too, but ZZPops was invisible).

I've been wanting to see Rolston on the left wing with Madden and Shanny so maybe, just maybe, some of the offensive opportunities Shanahan creates won't go to waste the way they do every time the puck bounces off Pandolfo's stick. But I don't know if it's prudent to break up your most effective line on the eve of a Game 7.

Bottom line, we shouldn't be expecting a whole heck of a lot offensively from any line with Madden and Pandolfo. Our top two lines need to find the net.

Re: D), Tri does it more than everyone else. If you asked everyone to rate Zubrus' performance on a scale of 1-10 since coming here and tallied it up, Tri would be at least a point above the average. I still believe Lou signed Zubrus hoping to get some physical play and size, and 50-60 points worth of production at a reasonable price. He's done about what's been expected, but at roughly 70% of what we hoped for, across the board. I don't hate him and I think people are too hard on him sometimes, but I think Tri is a bit too forgiving with him. I say overall he's been pretty meh.

i don't think anyone has liked zubrus's performance this year in the playoffs - before halfway through game 5 he was not playing well at all.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard (usually from the same people) 'Zubrus had a good game' when having zero offensive impact I could buy out his contract.

Agreed. Zubrus brings nothing.

If having a "good game" means all he can do is hold the puck between his skates for :10 before having a defender take it away. Then put him on the 4th line, he is killing Elias and Gionta.

Edited by MantaRay