Scott Walker escapes from suspension!!!

Devil Fan

pretty sure if i sucker punch someone it will cost me more then $2,500. It's pretty ridiculous the league is being so bi-polar on hits to the head. Surprising still is Walker is pretty irrelevant, figured the league would have given him a token suspension or something. Heh.

Look at the end, Ward had no intentions of fighting, and Pierre Mcguire proves once again he knows nothing about hockey. God I hate that guy, he never admits he was wrong, he says something and then you can tell he knows it is wrong because he will keep saying it and keep trying to justify his original point, it's like he is trying to convince himself that his knee jerk assessment of a play was right. GRR

Edited by DevilMinder

pretty sure if i sucker punch someone it will cost me more then $2,500. It's pretty ridiculous the league is being so bi-polar on hits to the head. Surprising still is Walker is pretty irrelevant, figured the league would have given him a token suspension or something. Heh.

Suspending Walker would've made too much sense... remember, this is the NHL we're talking about here.

Look at the end, Ward had no intentions of fighting, and Pierre Mcguire proves once again he knows nothing about hockey. God I hate that guy

while i thought for sure that walker would get suspended for many games, the claim is that something that was said on the ice made walker think he was in a fight. if that's the case, you really can't have guys setting up other guys for sucker punches (like patrick kaleta, for example).

More luck on their side. Walker should have had at least a one game suspension.

:rolleyes: Luck has nothing to do with it. Its more the league is bullsh!t when it comes to protecting head shots and injuries to the head. Brashear got 6 games for his hit to the head and walker nothing? Walker had a direct hit to the head that caused sever injury. If the NHL wants to eliminate head shots and injuries it should be everyone..... luck had nothing to do with it.

while i thought for sure that walker would get suspended for many games, the claim is that something that was said on the ice made walker think he was in a fight. if that's the case, you really can't have guys setting up other guys for sucker punches (like patrick kaleta, for example).

Maybe, I don't think that justifies it though. Most fighters know and respect general engagement rules and this was certainly suspension worthy. From the original view i initially thought ward dropped his stick before the punch and was just slow getting the gloves off, but from the slow motion alternate views you can see that he clearly wasn't in the process of dropping anything and Ward just drops his gloves and takes a swing.

You can't hit a guy like that. Well I guess you can :rolleyes: you just shouldn't be allowed too if this league had any sense of consistency.

wow unbelievable...that was one of the worst cheapshots i've ever seen...bettman needs to go. enough is enough already he's dragged this league down and someone who knows what they're doing needs to take over and take the NHL to the top....where it belongs

That doesn't justify a sucker punch.

Sorry.

That was one of the worst sucker punches I've ever seen.

The NHL under Gary Bettman and Soupy Campbell is absolutely Bizarro World.

Brashear gets six games, but that idiot Walker only has his wallet lightened and NO suspension at all.

I hope if the Bruins are down a lot in Game 6 or up a lot, that Walker gets his fricking face broken.

:rant:

Edited by IceThief

wow unbelievable...that was one of the worst cheapshots i've ever seen...

Agreed. I usually like Pierre Macguire but blaming Ward, because "he wasn't ready" is foolish.

Walker needs a suspension for this. As result: "Go B's".

Edited by MantaRay

wow unbelievable...that was one of the worst cheapshots i've ever seen...bettman needs to go. enough is enough already he's dragged this league down and someone who knows what they're doing needs to take over and take the NHL to the top....where it belongs

Heres a fun site for Bettman haters http://www.garybettmansucks.com/

ps --> listen to the comments after the hit saying he should have been ready, he didnt drop his gloves that is the only indication of a fight, otherwise its an instigattttoorrr, and that moron Walker clearly got a comment about his mother or something and punched him out of pure frustration. Suspension would be my call, but not the NHL's call.

classic canes fans saying thats good hockey.....