AGENT: NIEDERMAYERS COULD BE INTERESTED IN CANUCKS

hattrick

Nieds Bros

"Before they signed in Anaheim that was definitely a big discussion. But at that time, it was difficult because Rob was in a situation where he was still one year away from being an unrestricted free agent, so he still had a year left to stay in Anaheim,

Except the Canucks do some of the most travel in the league, if Scotty really wants to be close to home I think he will just hang em up. Besides they got their cup, they accomplished their goal, isn't Rob's family in California? I think they will untether themselves now.

OK...so the Niedermayers sign with Calgary, and to clear cap space they trade Phaneuf to us for Greene (is he signed...?) and a first-round draft pick?

I know...pipe dream...pipe dream it is.... :giggle:

A big fvck you to Lou and NJ, no? Guess he couldnt care where he hangs up the skates as they will most likely retire his number.

Yea it was a massive fvck you to turn down more money and play with his brother. :rolleyes:

Gomez is an a$$hole for leaving NJ for more money, but Niedermayer is also an a$$hole for turning down more money? I still can't get over how ridiculous some of you are.

Yea it was a massive fvck you to turn down more money and play with his brother. :rolleyes:

Gomez is an a$$hole for leaving NJ for more money, but Niedermayer is also an a$$hole for turning down more money? I still can't get over how ridiculous some of you are.

Exactly, players change teams and move on, whether for financial or personal/family reasons. Thats hockey.

Do any of you still work at the same job as you did in high school making the same wage??????????????????

Well, then...you're a disloyal traitor!

We are spoiled with life-longers like Brodeur.

We also have a misconception that NJ is a place that everyone wants to return to. ANA is Scotty's own team, he runs the show. That wouldn't be the case in NJ. IF he leaves it will be soley for family or the Olympics.

Not talking about before. Im talking about now.

Not talking about before. Im talking about now.

It's the same thing. Why do you feel he has some moral obligation to come back? It would be nice for us and it would be cool to see him finish his career where it started, but there is no reason he should feel like he has to come back here. If when he left he told Lou he'd be back later in his career or something then I guess it would be a fvck you, but obviously he didn't do that. He moved on to play with his brother and when his contract ends he is free to sign with any team that wants him. Why should his UFA status be different than everybody else's?

Maybe I'm not recalling this correctly, but didn't Lou offer Nieds league maximum? (Or VERY close...) So how did he get MORE money? :noclue: Sounds fishy to me.... Methinks he took less money to play out west with his bro....

Edited by AEWHistory

Maybe I'm not recalling this correctly, but didn't Lou offer Nieds league maximum? (Or VERY close...) So how did he get MORE money? :noclue: Sounds fishy to me.... Methinks he took less money to play out west with his bro....

Okay, so I went back to check this.... here's the link:

Neidermeyer Accepted $1million LESS per year to go to Ducks....

Quote from article:

"Epp said Niedermayer picked the Ducks over the Devils on Wednesday afternoon, despite New Jersey offering over $1 million more per season and the willingness to add a fifth year to the deal."

So yes, I think that is a 'fvck you,' as you put it.... I'll even elaborate.... Alot of folks have been giving Sutter grief because of his desire to be near family and home rather than concentrating on his loyalty to the franchise. How is that any different than Neids? Scotty turned down more money, but more than that, he made the Devs wait long enough in the preseason so that it really screwed us, and he took less money. Fact is, Neids it lost to me.... and, yes, I hope that they don't retire his number.....

Edited by AEWHistory

Okay, so I went back to check this.... here's the link:

Neidermeyer Accepted $1million LESS per year to go to Ducks....

Quote from article:

"Epp said Niedermayer picked the Ducks over the Devils on Wednesday afternoon, despite New Jersey offering over $1 million more per season and the willingness to add a fifth year to the deal."

So yes, I think that is a 'fvck you,' as you put it.... I'll even elaborate.... Alot of folks have been giving Sutter grief because of his desire to be near family and home rather than concentrating on his loyalty to the franchise. How is that any different than Neids? Scotty turned down more money, but more than that, he made the Devs wait long enough in the preseason so that it really screwed us, and he took less money. Fact is, Neids it lost to me.... and, yes, I hope that they don't retire his number.....

Again, people leave teams ALL the time for other reasons. ITs hockey - its a business. These guys have families.

Some of us have to get over the NJ Devils-center-of-the-hockey-universe tunnel vision.

Again I pose the question....have you had more than one job in YOUR lifetime?

Does that make YOU disloyal to the place that gave you your 1st job?

Just stop with the "giant fvck you" already, its a business, and he probably won't be the last. IF I were Parise, with his skill set, and if I don't see some moves made that decrease Marty's role and chokehold on our defense strategy, I'd be dreaming about greener pastures too. Will we hate him then?

Just stop with the "giant fvck you" already, its a business, and he probably won't be the last. IF I were Parise, with his skill set, and if I don't see some moves made that decrease Marty's role and chokehold on our defense strategy, I'd be dreaming about greener pastures too. Will we hate him then?

Probably. They are fans, they get attached, they get hurt when they leave. It's not rocket science.