Chris Pronger traded to Flyers

ghdi

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a ton for Pronger, he's no youngster. He's going to be 35 in October, they may be getting him right on the cusp of a decline.

2 firsts AND Sbisa AND Lupul.

too much

While I agree with you, and think it's a bad trade for Philly long term, I still hate Pronger being in the division.

I still hate Pronger being in the division.

Yep. This is what makes the deal bad for everyone else and great for Philly.

He may be on the decline, he may hate Philly, but hes there and we'll have to play him multiple times through the year.

that is a lot for pronger but this is the right move for philly. this and a decent goaltender make the flyers prohibitive favorites in the east.

Nah. Pittsburgh. Still.

Phily so far is relying on Emery and/or Esche, while both have been proven to be decent, both have been proven to be bad too.

That's a ton for Pronger, he's no youngster. He's going to be 35 in October, they may be getting him right on the cusp of a decline.

2 firsts AND Sbisa AND Lupul.

too much

well we need somebody to deal with him, because the elbows are going to be targeted at Parise's head all year.

Flyers are going to have one scary team. This offer sure beat the 1st, Corrente, and whoever else that some fans threw out at the deadline.

Pronger, Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Jones, Alberts is a great top 6. Richards, Carter, Giroux, Gagne, Briere, Hartnell up front. And a cheap alternative in net. This might be the Cup winning team in 2010.

Edited by devilsrule33

This is the second time Pronger and Lupul have been in a trade for one another, I wonder how many times this has happened before? Crazy

I think this is a nice deal for both sides at this moment, although not the best long term for the Flyers. As posters said earlier they are in a position to take a risk like this.

I don't think this was a smart trade. They're a young team with a bright future. I feel like you trade a 19 year old and 2 first rounders when you have an older team and/or a team with a lot of free agents trying to make a one year cup run. Although Sbisa didn't have a great year, he was only 18 and still has a bright future. Anything short of a cup win in the next 3 years and this will go down as an awful trade. The Flyers have a bad trade record. They traded Pitkanen for Jason Smith and Lupul. They traded Patrick Sharp for Matt Ellison. Eric Lindros for Peter Forsberg, Steve Duschene, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Philadelphia's 1993 first round draft choice (Jocelyn Thibeault), Philadelphia's 1994 first round draft choice (Nolan Baumgartner), and $15,000,000 (keep in mind how much money that was in 1993, equivalent to $40 million now.)

A lot going the other way. Ballsy move by the Flyers. Anyone criticising Lou isn't thinking straight. Would you want a 35 year old Pronger for all that young potential. They weren't 1 win from the cup. So as far as roster impact it is out with Lupol in with Pronger minus whatever else they need to do salary cap wise. I still don't think this is smart especially given that goaltending.

If they sent all that talent for a top 5 goalie, this would be a different story in my book.

EDIT: wow, he is only under contract through this upcoming year?

Edited by devilsadvoc8