Chris Pronger traded to Flyers

ghdi

The Flyers, in fact, did not add much to their salary cap because Pronger's cap hit is 6.25M while Lupul (4.25M) and Sbisa (875,000+bonus that will add to their cap for next season). Therefore, the Flyers are committed with 53M now with around 3.8M left to sign whoever they want.

But, like most of you have said, the goaltending situation remains unsolved.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is espn even trying to explain the trade? the guy announcing it even said he had no idea who Sbisa was and laughs, its like they try and make a comedy of it when really they look flat out stupid.. he also said "he was born to a flyer!" .. wtf does that mean? didnt he yearn to be one his whole life? idiots.

why is espn even trying to explain the trade? the guy announcing it even said he had no idea who Sbisa was and laughs, its like they try and make a comedy of it when really they look flat out stupid.. he also said "he was born to a flyer!" .. wtf does that mean? didnt he yearn to be one his whole life? idiots.

According to the Washington Post, the Caps were negotiating for Pronger but the price was "way too high" - either goalie Varlamov or Neuvirth, defenseman John Carlson, a roster player and more....not worth it for someone of Pronger's age who is only under contract for one year.

We might actually have trouble beating Philly this season...We still will, but maybe this time we might struggle.

Ha. Anaheim struggled with Nieds, Prongs and Beauchemin in the line up at the beginning of last season. Pronger certainly helps the Flyers but I still think they're beatable opponents.

Great - kiss your Achilles tendon goodbye Zach -- I expect Pronger will stomp/kick or now tha he's a Flyer go so far as to bite in two before November 1st <_<

I dont give two hoots and a hoorah about his talent on a Flyer team... it's his complete lack of morals and the fostering said lack will receive in Phillie

Ducks win this one, but the Atlantic teams lose big time. I have sort of had a soft spot for Philly, despite the rivalry, because I love Richards and Carter, but that doesn't matter now. They have Pronger, and he's the biggest douche in the universe as far as I'm concerned.

yeah i mean why doesn't he just go back in time like you suggest

or better yet give up corrente clarkson and 2 1sts for one year of chris pronger, that way in 2012 the franchise is totally destitute

you remember that when philly pounds us this year along with the rags and pens ... and keep drinking that filth, maybe it will run out soon.

you remember that when philly pounds us this year along with the rags and pens ... and keep drinking that filth, maybe it will run out soon.

Why does disagreeing with you always equate to "drinking the Koolaid?"

HAlf the hockey world has said this is a high-risk trade for SO many valuable assets...it has nothing to do with your "mindless Lou lemming" mantra that is the only thing I ever see you post.

Time will tell on this trade...but it certainly has little to do with blindly following Lou to the Kool Aid fountain.

Having said that, I will say that if Lou doesn't retool this defense in some way that he is seeing things that aren't there.

Edited by DevilinLA

cause he has the great track record lately.

But the problem is that if you go into every offseason with that attitude, you never give Lou a chance to improve. With that logic, Lou will always have a bad track record because you don't give him a chance to improve, which will result in you not giving him a chance the next year. As a result, you get stuck in a constant cycle of Lou having a bad track causing you to not give him a chance, which causes the bad track record, and so in.

Sure, it may be frustrating to see other teams making big moves and the Devils not doing anything of comparable magnitude. But, we have no other option than to keep giving Lou a chance. You may not be optimistic about him making a major move, and I'm not too optimistic either, but it's unfair to condemn him for moves that he did not make this offseason before it's even over.

Philly is probably thinking they can survive the loss of the picks because of all the young talent they have. We'll see in a few years.

They better still have a lot of young talent and/or know how to draft late, they have no first or second round pick for the next three years!

Richards. Carter. Giroux, James Van Riemsdyk, Andreas Nodl.

richards and carter don't count, both are already making a handsome sum. nodl's stats were unimpressive in the NHL and his AHL stats weren't great either.

it's entry-level contracts that are important here.

richards and carter don't count, both are already making a handsome sum. nodl's stats were unimpressive in the NHL and his AHL stats weren't great either.

it's entry-level contracts that are important here.

I'm just saying that having this youth on this team allows you to make this trade. You can add Ryan Parent to that list. They better hope everyone is healthy though because they have very little to trade to improve their team at the deadline.

I really don't know what Holmgren has in mind because no way you can trade Briere, and he said he is in serious talks with Knuble's agent. And everyone thought Knuble was as good as gone. They might be alright cap wise, but no idea how Knuble fits in.

Let's not forget the Flyers lucked out singing many guys to bad contracts who they unloaded becasue they didn't pan out but brought some return, being the worst team in hockey one season, and a bad Nashville franchise who was willing to part with players for nothing.

They are still reaping the benefits from their horrid season.

The Devils don't have that luxury.