'09-'10 Promo Schedule

thelastonealive

http://twitpic.com/gg9ds

Saturday, October 3 (Philadelphia) - Championship Plaza Ribbon Cutting (2 PM)/Magnetic Schedule

Friday, October 16 (Atlanta) - Calendar

Wednesday, November 11 (Anaheim) - Honoring 2003 Stanley Cup Champions

Saturday, November 14 (Washington) - Canned Food Drive

Saturday, November 28 (NY Islanders) - Youth Jersey

Friday, December 4 (Tampa Bay) - Toys For Tots

Saturday, December 5 (Detroit) - Honoring 1995 Stanley Cup Champions

Friday, December 18 (Ottawa) - Coat Drive

Wednesday, December 30 (Pittsburgh) - Puck

Tuesday, January 5 (Dallas) - Honoring 2000 Stanley Cup Champions

Friday, February 12 (Nashville) - Baseball Cap

Wednesday, March 17 (Pittsburgh) - Team wears retro jersey

Saturday, April 10 (NY Islanders) - Fan Appreciation

Sunday, April 11 (Buffalo) - Fan Appreciation

The food and coat drives are great, and a couple of the best things the Devils have done...but, not to come off like a prick whatsoever, but how do they count as promotions? Just asking.

Promotions and giveaways are two separate things, I guess. But if you take out the drives, it makes a weak promotional schedule look even weaker, really.

The food and coat drives are great, and a couple of the best things the Devils have done...but, not to come off like a prick whatsoever, but how do they count as promotions? Just asking.

you have the potential to win prizes for giving them stuff. so, I guess that qualifies, kinda weak, I agree. I'm interested in what the deal with the bobbleheads is. if they're giving them out in a package, they must be doing the promo sometime.

Not a fan of cup celebration nights... lets just focus on this year.

lol, completely unintentional :) Didn't mean to seem like I was dissing you with my post :)

The Cup honoring nights I imagine aren't going to be a huge deal - the same way they weren't a big deal during the 25th anniversary season (well, '95 was, but the other two got barely a mention).

I just enjoy the fact that each one is against the team defeated for the Cup that year. :lol:

But the real question is, will you also be bringing the guy who indirectly informed you that you would be in the Platinum Lounge for coat drive night? :whistling:

I'll tell you what.. If my brother can't go for some reason then I'll take you B )

What about Chico Resch Bobble Head night? :horse::noclue:

It's a partial promo schedule

For those of you thinking that the bobblehead plan was a sign of them being given away this season (I thought that way)- The ticket dept reworded the plan:

"Bobblehead sets are available only to those who purchase this Bobblehead Pack and to full season ticket holders."

So it doesnt look like they will be giveaways to all fans.

Maybe one day they'll get a giveaway schedule right.

After all, how many cheap baseball caps and ski caps can one person wear? And the magnet schedule and calendar are nothing more than advertising for them, as well as a limited use item.

For those of you thinking that the bobblehead plan was a sign of them being given away this season (I thought that way)- The ticket dept reworded the plan:

"Bobblehead sets are available only to those who purchase this Bobblehead Pack and to full season ticket holders."

So it doesnt look like they will be giveaways to all fans.

Maybe one day they'll get a giveaway schedule right.

After all, how many cheap baseball caps and ski caps can one person wear? And the magnet schedule and calendar are nothing more than advertising for them, as well as a limited use item.

All of these things cost money to produce - money sponsors aren't going to be as willing to cough up as they were five years ago. They also usually add a few promos during the year.

As far as the magnetic schedule goes - two years ago, when the Rock opened and they did the magnetic schedule on the second home game instead of the first, I was totally lost all year without it. I'll never miss another magnetic schedule game again. :lol:

I'll be honest... not a big fan of honoring the cup championship teams of the past. It makes our team, and the fans look as bad as New York Rag fans celebrating the cup championship of the 1994 New York Oilers 15 years later.

Like a previous poster said... lets just focus on this year, and have a "honoring the 2010 Stanley Cup Championship" game