What's your Favorite Game Ritual or Supersition?

adavid

I don't do the same thing for each game. But once the game starts I continue with the same seat, drink, clothing, music playing, etc. So I need to be set when the puck drops.

Same here, and if the game isn't going well I change things up.

It's kinda stupid ... but one time before catching the train to a game, I felt like trying something new so I got a small vanilla cappuccino from QuickChek. It was kinda crappy, way too sweet. But the Devils whooped serious arse that night so now I get one before every train ride to Newark.

My other game ritual is to get drunk and yell a lot. I like that one better.

oh also, of course, i will not comment or let anyone talk about a certain something that brodeur may get. that's a big no no.

i broke that rule last year when he did it against the canes in the playoffs, so maybe i'm on to something with breaking the rule when it genuinely comes to me.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat

whenever i go to a game if they win i dont wash my jersey, if they lose i throw it in the wash.

+1 I do that too. So far my Elias jersey has been getting washed a hell of a lot more than my Stevens. Methinks one is better luck than the other.

A couple of years ago when the Devils went on that huge winning streak (11 in regular season, four in postseason) I would only listen to the song "Ha Ha" by Monsters Are Waiting starting an hour before the game and then during each intermission. I just happened to do that right before the first game of that streak and it worked so I kept it up for some time. Also whenever the Devils win a playoff game in overtime I keep blasting the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette over and over while screaming the chorus out at the top of my lungs.

I believe that the backup goalie always needs a nickname. Last year was weird and the closest I ever got to assigning a ridiculous nickname was chanting Yes Weekes Can.

So, I mention this to my friend last night at the Isles game, that Yann Danis needs a nickname. For some reason we start talking about french, and between the french and the fact that he's french (canadian), it was decided that Yann Danis will now be known as La Grenouille. Not really sure why, but it rhymes, so that makes it an even more awesome nickname.

So book it: Yann Danis, La Grenouille. THATS my superstition, even if it's more tradition than anything else.

Edited by thelastonealive

When Going To A Game: I wear the same jersey to all games I attend until they lose then I'll rotate to another jersey, and so on.. This only applies to games I attend in person.. I'm also adding the tradition this year of rubbing my family brick for good luck before games.. 90% of games I will get a gyro from Gyro Zone (Taste of Newark) and a medium soda during the second intermission.. During power plays I turn my hat backwards..

I also have other little subtle things I do like I keep all my jerseys in separate plastic protectors and they only come out for games.. If I'm home I'll touch the 3 mini-replica Stanley Cups I have.. And just overall I think about the game and how much fun it will be

When Watching on TV: I'll either wear my old old old jersey or I have red Devils pajama pants and a red Zach Parise t-shirt.. I drink at least 1 Molson with my Devils beer bottle jersey on it.. and I have to DVR the game

After the National Anthem I do a sign of the cross,bump my heart with my fist,and point to heaven for my Uncle's and Grand Parents who aren't with me.

Its sappy,I know, but I've been doing it since '92 when I got season tickets.

And I only chew 1 piece of gum through out the whole game.

When watching at home I used to shower between the first and second period (probably the only clean ritual anyone has). For some reason I stopped that last year maybe it is tim e to bring it back. Other rituals I drink beer out of my Devils mug.

Going to games in Boston I have to wear my Pandolfo jersey they always win when I wear that one and lose when I wear another one.

For the first game of the season I always get some Labatt's and order wings from Wing it.

Wow, some of you are strange. I never wear a jersey or any paraphanalia when watching a game from home. I always try to get a quickie from my wife before the puck drops. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I get the "I have a headache" line.

LOL! I haven't done that for hockey. The halftime quickie during the Jets game? Yes.

When i go to games, i wear the same jersey when we win. If we lose i switch it up. Walking to the arena, i always go through the gateway. At the arena after the national anthems, i do a sign of the cross, and kiss my cross or st anthony medal and kiss my jersey. At home i dont really wear a Devs shirt or jersey. But i usually wear my Devs scarf (like soccer supporters do), and always shower before watching a game.