Stanley Cup Finals Game 1: Devils Vs Ducks

devilsrule33

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-excellent game by gionta, brylin, friesen, all three of them were great....especially gionta. he'll probably be alot more effective in this series than in the others.

-have to agree with the rebounds comment on giguere. he's not controlling his rebounds well at all.

-devils apply alot of pressure offensively, and what does thorne say? " well the devils have put the clamp on now, they have gotten their goal and will now sit back "......which was the exact OPPOSITE of what everyone who was watching the game saw.

-excellent game for the gomez line. it looks like gomez is another guy that can play his game a bit easier in this series, making the little plays along the boards and finding the open guy.

all in all, you could'nt have asked for a better game 1.

-devils apply alot of pressure offensively, and what does thorne say? " well the devils have put the clamp on now, they have gotten their goal and will now sit back "......which was the exact OPPOSITE of what everyone who was watching the game saw.

Yea, I noticed that too...

Another thing that bugged me was in the begining, they showed the stat that both teams were undefeated when scoring first, and he said "I gurantee you that will change tonight"... I think he thought it was a different stat, but just wow.

Especially with the game... they were saying how exciting the game was, and then he comes up with that liner about clamping down... just wow.

I love the Tver dor skee ... how the hell does he mispronounce a former all-star's name? Astonishing...

---and with Clement

Also, did anyone else hear Clement basically sigh and bitch like a Ducks fan when one of the guys missed an empty netter in the 1st period?

I really dont mind the bias-coverage... its fine with me... but I must say I miss the Doc...

Game kicked ass. Brought back memories of the 6-shot game against Toronto; that's how dominant the Devs were for most of the game (and the game ended with the same score too ;) ). I'd be an idiot if I didn't attribute part of the Ducks' suckiness to rust, but I will say this - I thought the Devs would be rusty Game 1 against Ottawa and though they were to an extent, they played an even game and took it to OT. The Ducks never really had a chance in this game except for some lousy finishing in the second (other than Fries of course :D ) and some nice saves by M1A1 Giggy (nods to SBT). But I thought he was due for a 2+ goal game and we needed to show that yes he was a man and not a cyborg after all. :evil:

Oh and one other thing, I was absolutely floored to hear that this was Marty's first ever Stanley Cup Finals shutout. I didn't even realize that until of all places I heard on the WFAN 20-20 update that it was. I was like 'wow, I had no idea Marty had never had a Finals shutout'. :o I just sort of assumed he had.

Another thing that bugged me was in the begining, they showed the stat that both teams were undefeated when scoring first, and he said "I gurantee you that will change tonight"... I think he thought it was a different stat, but just wow.

OMG, I noticed the same thing. I turned it over in my head for like a full minute, than finally just gave up. I have no idea what he was talking about.

The game was total domination.

Jigga didn't look all that great, don't see what all the fuss is over that matress.

One HUGE flaw I did notice with Mr. Matress is he thinks he has the puck in his equipment when it really isn't. Look at Marshall's goal. Elias shot it and Mr. Matress stood there like he had the puck between his arm and body and in fact he was completely wrong and Elias took Jig downtown. I guess with all that padding, he's just feeling things now.

That's what 10 days of non-combat will do to a team. I expect them to play better Game 2 but if they play the same then how did this team ever make it this far?

Friesen was getting ran by #24 (Salei i think) all night. What a goon that guy is. Really don't like him and I think he was just standing at the side of the net watching Marshall put it in the empty net on his goal so that made me smile even better.

The whole Devs team was just great tonight. Not 1 bad player. They had pep. Can't wait until Thrusday. That game is a must win...for the Ducks.

MARTY'S BETTER!!!!

The only way Daneyko plays is on the road, and even then I wouldn't trust him.

Tverdovsky had a very solid game tonight, kept his check to the outside all the time, and didn't fool around with the puck.

He is the perfect defenseman to play against the Chistov-Pahlsson-Thomas line.

Yeah brylin, I noticed that too, Thorne's an idiot. Sitting on a 1 goal lead is proven to misfire.. especially when a team was as static as the Ducks were tonight.. they had only two gears, Park and Reverse.. the Devils continued to out-chance the Ducks until the Devils got the 2nd goal, then they played prevent hockey.

Friesen was getting ran by #24 (Salei i think) all night.  What a goon that guy is.  Really don't like him and I think he was just standing at the side of the net watching Marshall put it in the empty net on his goal so that made me smile even better.

Friesen kind of brought it upon himself, and is certainly big enough to handle it. The first period Friesen was hitting every duck he could more often then not leaving the duck on his butt. Definately sending a message to those guys and the Ducks management. you can tell hes really pumped up for this series.

Madden also spent a lot of time in peoples faces. He was flat out laughing at Jiggy after Marshall's goal. That was funny to watch to say the least.

Friesen was the best player tonight by far, Sykora who? He made his presence felt at both ends and was definately a difference maker tongiht. Keep it up Jeff!