Madden happy with Chicago

StormJosh

Nah - only the reference to reading tea leaves. Not in a grumpy way -- I'm just saying I read tea leaves - I think the others are just reacting to Maddens direct comments, just as you are getting irked at their direct comments. I dont mean it in a confrontational way - if we were talking you wouldn't be grumpy with me,,, at worst you probably would say "hey, that was for me - I caught that - from the analytical freak herself" but merits nothing more from you than that. :evil:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every article is edited and while I'm sure Madden didn't exactly gush about NJ for a home team article, any mention of another team would be neatly edited out. This is a home team blog, FCOL. You think TG would have something about Rob Niedermayer gushing about the fans in Anaheim? No, he's say that he enjoyed his time there, won a cup, and it was time to move on.

BTW - I actually do like the center ice fan salute at the end of the game.

I've been to games in Detroit and NJ. Sorry guys, don't be bitter about the truth. The atmosphere in these other buildings is insane.

this is not my experience, either from going to a game in detroit or watching one on tv. the atmosphere in detroit is the same as it is in NJ.

Edited by Triumph

I went to the Blackhawks game back in 95 when Chelios was presented the Norris Trophy. The United Center was filled to the top with fans. The fans screamed through the entire national anthem, not just the last two lines. It was pretty cool. Lets face it, ownership was terrible. He didn't want to spend money- any money- on the team, and the fans reacted accordingly. 10-12 years of that gets pretty depressing for fans, but now that ownership is really interested in the team, the fans are on board. Are they "new" fans or "old" fans? Who cares? The fans are real.

Edited by point

I just read this article twice. I'm wondering if some of you even read it once, because I'm at a complete loss as to how anyone could be the slightest bit offended by anything Madden said here. So he's enjoying playing in Chicago and feels more of an off-ice kinship with Blackhawks fans than Devils fans. That doesn't mean he doesn't like Devils fans or is knocking us or the franchise. He even gave some legitimate reasons as to why the player-fan relationship might be different in Chicago. Let's face it, there's plenty of us who are hardcore and who fervently support the team on and off the ice, but there still isn't nearly enough of us. Not when we struggle to sell out the Rock most nights and let Rangers fans take over our building whenever they feel like it, or start giving Marty Bronx cheers for making saves after giving up a few goals.

Anyway, I don't take a guy complimenting a new chapter in his life as somehow putting down the previous one. Glad he's happy.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Happy for Madden and glad he is doing good in Chicago. Remember, Madden wanted to stay in New Jersey, but it was Lou who decided to let him go and take this Devils team in a different direction. I will always like madden and what he did for this Devils team over the years he was here. No reason to hate or dislike him at all.

Chicago is more of a Stanley Cup contender than the Devils are right now and I think Chicago will win their division and go deep into the playoffs this season. Goaltending right now is their main issue that can do them in the playoffs this season.

he has 1 goal and 3 assists so far this season. Can't say we really miss him that much. Don't get me wrong, I loved that guy while he was here but he's not critical to any lineup

Last I saw I thought Madden had 2-goals and 3-assists. He scored in back to back games unless the second goal was taken away from him and credited to someone else. Still Madden is having a good season with Chicago.