Has Tivo Saved Himself?

sundstrom

Tver has played pretty well, and last night chipping in those two assists only helped his cause.

I feel so badly for Dano, but Tver has played well, and it looks like he deserves to be in this series right now.

I think playing the Ducks was just the right medicine for this guy.

Burns put it best in the press conference; if he wants to play on a team that plays wide open then he won't be playing for us, if he wants to play our system he's good enough to play for us. Just wonder if Tivo will sacrifice his offensive numbers to play our type of game. He sure seemed pretty happy last night, though! At the least he improved his trade value last night and got himself another start.

Burns put it best, but he's not thinking about the cash it takes to keep Tverdovsky.. and 3.2 million just isn't worth it for a guy who's going to put up 25 points and play 13 minutes a game for the Devils.

Agreed sotD, he might be here for part of next year, but he's just too expensive and too good to let sit around..

If Tevo could just learn to play consistanly in this system...his speed and shot from the point would help this team BIG TIME!!!! He's played well the post two game. Keep it up Tivo...we are all rooting for you.

GO DEVILS!!!

I think he has played well enough to deserve a 2nd chance. What he does with that is anyone's guess.

We are not really in the postion to discard quailty bluliners......assuming plays quality.

OF Albelin, Stevens & Dan0 I only expect Steves will return.

That leaves - White, Nieds, RaFi & Smelik?? Thin.

He is still shaky in the defensive zone.

I am happy he finally produced in the playoffs. I have been waiting for him to breakout, but he just doesn't fit. Only IF Dano retires (which could be a possiblity) will they keep Tivo.

Otherwise, Lou will deal him while his value is high coming off the Cup final.

Devils win the Cup, Dano will retire, IMO.

However, being benched the past few games could also be an indication of things to come.

He just doesn't seem needed anymore. He played very well this season, but time's winding down on him.

I completely agree with the idea that Tver is excelling because of the whole Western Conference style play. He thrives in the West, and he needs to play there, unless he's willing to change his style for this team.

His value is slowing increasing, but I'm not giving up on him yet. I'm giving him a second chance to prove himself, but we cannot easily forget that he still is shaky in the defensive zone, along with his blunders in past games.

The defense scares me next year because we might potentially lose quite a few men, but that's something to worry about later. The only thing I'm worrying about right now is winning the NEXT GAME.

personally, i think tivo's $ would better be spent on a forward, especially if newy leaves via free agency.

i like newy, but he was not a direct catalyst on this team and has not been a huge factor this playoffs.

i could see lou offer him 2 years @ $3M each, but i'm sure Toronto, NYR, ST. Louis, Dallas, etc. will pony up more.

I'm going to say no but it's obviously not my decision to make. He was hot then cold for quite some time and a spurt when he is needed most, to me, will not guarantee anything. You don't get rewarded for doing what you are supposed to, just what you do that goes above and beyond, IMO.