Why Were The Tv Braino's Calling Stevens Hit

Rock

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulder to head. Sorry guys, that's the way it was.

Late my fvcking ass btw.

Yeah well when you take a guy at least 5 inches shorter looking the other way and leaning that isnt to hard to fathom, and unfortunately it is how it was. But this elbow stuff is pure bs. Especially the people who are hanging on a limb with the "he took his left had off the stick to hit him. Well DUH had he left his left hand on the stick he would have had to led with the Blade of the stick and speared him at the same time.

stevens pushes off of his hits. that's why people think he uses his elbow....because of the folllow through where his elbow comes up after the impact. the impact itself is all shoulder, you can see it in those pictures. he's got his elbow pointing down and his shoulder ready for impact.

And get that thug Brian Dawkins off the Eagles.

Dawkins was fined $50,000 dollars. What has Stevens been fined for delivering blows to his opponents head? (i.e. Once again NHL looks like a joke. It's been 3 years since Lindros was knocked useless and even longer since Lafonaite was knocked from the game. Still NO rule about blows to the head.)

You guys continue to defend a thug that goes at people's heads. I don't care what you say if he had tried this crap in the 70's or 80's he would not be skating very long without a broken ankle.

4 elbowing penalties for Stevens his whole career, 4.

This wasn't an elbow hit, and niether was any other of his big playoff hits for that matter.

Like someone said, he follows through with his hit, thus exposing his elbow to the air, and then the Stevens Haters and Flyer Fans use that motion to say he did it with his elbow. But those Flyer Fans don't know what they are talking about, I mean come on, they think whatever team Bob Clarke puts out on the ice will win the Cup and that is obviously False. They are just used to saying false statements.

So why doesn't anyone break his ankle now? Fear of suspension?

It's almost always Flyer fans that get on Stevens.. I never hear it from Ranger or Islander fans.. now why would that be? Seems odd.

Again, you have a legitimate point about hits to the head, and the NHL will have to crack down on them in the future. But I'm sure it has been investigated, and what has probably been determined is that it will be far more difficult to enforce such a rule in the NHL than it would in the NFL.

And even if Stevens got fined, he'd continue to do it. And if Stevens played for the Flyers, I wouldn't hear a peep about this.

Lafonaite? ...never heard of him...

:rolleyes: guess we all could use spell check EZ...

Edited by Eztarget - Jun 9 2003, 10:56 AM

you even missed it on your edit... :blink:

Spell checking a word found in the dictionary is 100% different than a name. Keep up the good work. At least your last statement looked like a 3rd graders level. You're moving up.

And 4 elbowing penalties?  Come on well all watch hockey and know exactly HOW MANY calls AREN'T made.

For someone who is a fan of spelling and grammar, this was an interesting post from you. Oh hurry up and edit it, I'm sure it rocked your narrow minded world.

Go here and look at this guys breakdown. (you have to scroll down the post to the part with the pictures)...

Stevens had his one hand off his stick (if he doesn't lead with his elbow, then why let go of his stick)?

Karyia had already let go of the puck and taken one stride, then Stevens elbow clearly hits Karyia's head.

Sorry cheap shot!

You give us a link to a friggin Fryer board and expect us to have credence in it?? What are you smoking????

Let's see now...going to make a hit with a shoulder (you have no idea about anatomy either...dew you sit or stand)...if the stick continues then a high stick could result...no stick just a shoulder = legal hit...seems the NHL said that Kariya made the shot 1 sec prior to the shoulder making contact in a LEGAL fashion...have you tried Pearle Vision Centers lately...hear they are having a 2 for 1 sale.

Sorry Sour Grapes...take a hint from Don Henley...GET OVER IT!!!!

btw...pictures can be taken from any angle to prove a point, even editted :P

I just get tired of people blaming Stevens for doing what the NHL says he can legally do. Period.

If you want to take all hits to the head out, shoulder or not, petition the NHL to do it. But don't call Stevens cheap or dirty for doing something the NHL says is within the rules.

And as for not hitting people because you are bigger than them:

1) I saw Lindros, your favorite victim, hit plenty of guys who were smaller than him. Was he wrong? Or is it only Stevens you have a problem with?

2) The reason they will not allow bodychecking AT ALL in women's hockey is because the Canadien and US women are so much bigger than the Chinese and other teams. Do we really want to start down that road? Should we say you can only hit people who are within 2 inches of your own height? Should we give each player a list of people he can and can't hit?

The only two people I ripped were the two that couldn't respond to me like Mr.Sheeps did. Mr. Sheeps responded in a well though out adult way. He didn't call me a Cryers fan, or a Philthadelphia fan like the other two posters here who's spelling I ripped.

Before you blindly support your other Devils posters here go back and READ the whole thread and their narrowminded responses. It's one thing to disagree with a poster, but to act like those two clowns did is a different thing.

Could you see these two if they were lawyers acting like that in court if someone disagreed with their points? I'm sure calling the opposing lawyer names would really make the judge and their peers happy.

Eztarget -

it's not very good form to come on here and be a jerk.

But as long as you're a Devils fan you have the right to be? Not you personally, but the other posters in this thread whose spelling I criticized?

Read the WHOLE thread. I'm only ripping a few immature responses.

Damn, why is it so hard to have a different point of view without being labeled something. I can care less about Lindros and what happened to him personally, but in the big picture if the NHL wants to be taken seriously with the other 3 major sports it really needs to address the type of hits that Stevens lands to other opponents heads. I guarantee you Stevens would pull up on those hits if it started costing him $50,000-$75,000 a shot like it does in the NFL.

Why dont you think about WHY you're being ripped you sanctimonious sh!thead! Yeah -- I KNOW you, yeah and I know you come on here and you're as non-biased as you can be -- but this was a BULLsh!t post and you were asking to get ripped a new one my friend. Don't call me immature because you can't look beyond words written in anger -- you have yet to deal with my point about Roenick...why is that -- hiding behind this "She's an immature poster" crap?

You're nice nice passive aggressive crap is as juvenile as any foulmouthed sh!t I muster up. I have no patience for the likes of you -- you're no better than that buttlicking Bingham -- look at your post and think about it.

oh pardon fvcking me -- I went back and ran spell check for you, jerk off!

AND another thing brainmachine you COULDN'T care less means you don't care "I can care less about Lindros" means you DO care care so much that you can care less you freaking ignoramous mealy mouthed pr!ck!

I didn't say you ripped ANYONE. I was replying to your points about Stevens, some of which I will quote below:

"Once again NHL looks like a joke. It's been 3 years since Lindros was knocked useless and even longer since Lafonaite was knocked from the game. Still NO rule about blows to the head.)

You guys continue to defend a thug that goes at people's heads. I don't care what you say if he had tried this crap in the 70's or 80's he would not be skating very long without a broken ankle."

You called Stevens a thug for a hit which is perfectly legal. If you have an issue with the NHL, call them. Your comments above make it clear that you are mixing up disliking the RULES with Stevens being a thug (which he isn't).

This is the problem with the NHL of today. They have that stupid instigator rule which takes away any fear of Stevens facing retribution. Had he thrown a hit like that in the 80's his ass would have been handed to him by a McSorely/Dave Brown type the very next shift.

Stevens in my opinion is a coward. He goes out of his way to injure people. And don't give me the crap that the guy had his head down. You have to draw the line somewhere. How big is Paul Karyia? Stevens is a coward. Stevens already effectively ended one of the NHL's most marketable stars career when he knocked Lindros useless, now he tries to kill another star. The league needs to protect it's stars. Like I said before the NHL was so much better off when the players policed themselves. Do you really think Stevens would be doing that if he knew the next shift he was going to have the crap beat out of him? Why do you think Gretzky was NEVER run like that? Because anyone who tried knew they would have to face McSorely.

This was your first post. Calling the Captain of our team a coward. You didn't think you'd get some angry responses? Please.

tsk tsk tsk still upset about little Eric? Friar fans must be really board right about now huh?

It was a perfectly clean hit. Sheesh the NHL reveiwed it FRAME BY FRAME and agreed. They calculated the time. 1 second. LEGAL! No elbow - LEGAL. Get over it.

You friar fans wish you could have player with the class, heart and talent of a Scott Stevens. But alas, you'll have to settle for another early knock out from the SC playoffs.

ta ta for now.

BAHAHAHAHAHA