GDT: Lightning @ Devils Sun 6pm EST

bdubdevs

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could the NHL possibly be to blame for the lighting going out? was that a serious question?

Whoever went to the game - obviously I can't speak on behalf of the Devils, but you won't have to wait til April 9 (or whenever) to get a free game out of it. I'd imagine that it will be handled the same way as baseball rainouts. You either bring your ticket to the rescheduled game, or exchange it for any other game. They can't force you to go to a night that you may or may not be able to attend.

I always thought that wiping out up to 4 innings of a baseball game was stupid. This is the best way to handle the situation.

supposedly PSEG. power went out and didn't recover.

I know. But I think it's the Prudential Center's fault that it took nearly 2 hours to even figure out that a problem wasn't going to be fixed. They should know the facility better. Obviously all the power didn't go out, which would be PSEG's fault. It was a faulty circuit breaker, which is an internal problem.

How could the NHL possibly be to blame for the lighting going out? was that a serious question?

Whoever went to the game - obviously I can't speak on behalf of the Devils, but you won't have to wait til April 9 (or whenever) to get a free game out of it. I'd imagine that it will be handled the same way as baseball rainouts. You either bring your ticket to the rescheduled game, or exchange it for any other game. They can't force you to go to a night that you may or may not be able to attend.

I always thought that wiping out up to 4 innings of a baseball game was stupid. This is the best way to handle the situation.

What else are you going to do in baseball though? Between actual rainouts and the fact that teams play 162 games in six months with few off days, it's impossible to make up and finish every game that gets stopped before the ninth inning due to rain.

In hockey it's different because there are a few more off days to work with.

I know. But I think it's the Prudential Center's fault that it took nearly 2 hours to even figure out that a problem wasn't going to be fixed. They should know the facility better. Obviously all the power didn't go out, which would be PSEG's fault. It was a faulty circuit breaker, which is an internal problem.

apparently when they figured out that this wasn't going to be a quick fix, they had to bring PSEG in. it shouldn't have dragged on for as long as it did, but when you see the awesome scheduling options available, you can see why it did.

sh!t happens. I'd hate to see some of you guys at a baseball game. I guess they should be like the other place and keep playing even as the torrential rain is going through the roof and shorting out the lights and speakers

apparently when they figured out that this wasn't going to be a quick fix, they had to bring PSEG in. it shouldn't have dragged on for as long as it did, but when you see the awesome scheduling options available, you can see why it did.

sh!t happens. I'd hate to see some of you guys at a baseball game. I guess they should be like the other place and keep playing even as the torrential rain is going through the roof and shorting out the lights and speakers

I understand why they did what they did, but I still think it's Prudential Center's fault way before it's PSEG's.

And I was one of many fans at the game. I thought the fans were extremely patient and I can't believe that so many of stayed an hour and a half after the announcement saying the players were going back to the locker rooms. I think they should have either called it sooner or made some kind of indication to the fans as to what was going on. And I think comparing it to torrential rain in a baseball game is apples and oranges. If I hadn't watched a hockey game last week at the Winter Classic where the lighting was probably worse than this, maybe the argument could stand.

I understand why they did what they did, but I still think it's Prudential Center's fault way before it's PSEG's.

And I was one of many fans at the game. I thought the fans were extremely patient and I can't believe that so many of stayed an hour and a half after the announcement saying the players were going back to the locker rooms. I think they should have either called it sooner or made some kind of indication to the fans as to what was going on. And I think comparing it to torrential rain in a baseball game is apples and oranges. If I hadn't watched a hockey game last week at the Winter Classic where the lighting was probably worse than this, maybe the argument could stand.

I was at the game too, and it was supposed to be called about a half-hour earlier than it was. But I don't know what was going on behind the scenes. and no, it's not that much different than the baseball game situation because it's an act of god. it's not like someone took an ax to the circuit breaker.

and yes, the lighting at the Winter Classic in the 3rd/OT was putrid. I don't know why they weren't playing, all I saw was a heated discussion by the Lightning bench with their officials and non-Devils officials. I have a feeling they balked at playing and the delay was trying to get them to play. but people are being classy about it and not bringing that up.

Also, to those guys who were toying with the ice cleaning staff by throwing a hat on the ice once they skated all the way back to the other side of the ice...I applaud you. Thanks for the entertainment!

And hopefully they use the ticket voucher idea...I saw a crumpled up club ticket on the ground so I snagged it! Thanks whoever you are

Edited by magicducksauce

Also, to those guys who were toying with the ice cleaning staff by throwing a hat on the ice once they skated all the way back to the other side of the ice...I applaud you. Thanks for the entertainment!

That was hilarious. They must have skated back and forth a good 6 times or so before the real onslaught came...

And hopefully they use the ticket voucher idea...I saw a crumpled up club ticket on the ground so I snagged it! Thanks whoever you are

it's probably a ST and they'll just reissue the digital ticket

That was mean. Yet also hilarious.

I'm disappointed I moved down to four rows off the ice for nothin'.

But besides that, it was kind of fun at the arena honestly. But I like it when strange things happen. It reminded me of a major city having a blackout - it's kind of fun in the beginning, everyone kind of banding together, playing music and hanging out outside. Then it gets too hot and people loot and riot, but still.

...oh crap, I'm starting to sound a little like PK. Without the unhealthy Scott Stevens obsession, anyway.

What kind of injury could you say was 100% because of the lighting? Give me a break man....it was definitely light enough to play the game. Were you there in your CLUB SEATS after flying first class cross country tonight? Did you see the lighting first hand?

So let me get this straight - you take personal shots at me in the same thread where you chastise Martysb3tt3r for being immature and taking personal shots at they way you post?

Of course I didn't see the lighting first hand but I trust Lou to do what's best for the club rather than the opinions of some fans at the game.

My point is it was apparently Lou's call as to whether he wanted to jeopardize the safety of his players (which he said in the post conference) for 1.5 periods of what was apparently a losing hockey game.

But god forbid that player safety interferes with somebody's personal game experience.

Oh my god fans sat in their seat for 119 minutes, versus somebody loses an eye because he couldn't see a puck coming at his face with the shadows on the ice.

I am confident that a great owner like Jeff will do something to make this up to the ticket-holders who came other then just a free half-game 0 -3. He's no fool and he's knows business. Just give them some time to work it out.

Maybe you'll even get a nice fat check for $15.00 in the mail as renumeration for the big ol' Lowell game that that they failed so miserably to market to people who couldn't care less about a hockey game.

Edited by DevilinLA

Can you imagine the hysteria if say a guy like Parise blew out his knee in the 29 minute makeup game?

^ he's kinda got a point there, it would be like Welker's injury last week all over again

^ he's kinda got a point there, it would be like Welker's injury last week all over again

How does he have a point? How would it be any different than if he blew out his knee in the final 29 minutes of the game tonight? It's still part of a game that counts for the standings. Just because it's completed at a later date doesn't mean it isn't important, nor does it mean the risk of injury is higher.

Well I took being there with a grain of salt, but if I was a non-season ticket holder or there with small kids I'm sure I would have been much more annoyed. As it is, for me, I'll always remember this game because of the WTF factor.

I hope the Devils do the right thing and give like a list of 10 games or so people can trade their ticket in for.

It was just a bad circuit breaker.

The official email adds that it was a problem between the circuit breaker and then the computer that controls the lights never coming back online no matter how often they tried to bring it back up. Without the computer there are no lights, it seems.

welp that was a weird one. me and the section mates kept saying Lou "accidentally" tripped over the plug.

:D

Weird end to a weird night where the devils outplayed the bolts and still managed to be down 3 goals. Hope they figure it out or the points end up not mathematically mattering at the end of the season. I felt bad for the group of people in front of our seats. First game all season for them and this!

the prudent center played the fans we waited almost 2 hours before they yanked the nets and then whoever was left threw thier comp ski caps to the icethe only announcement was the game has been postponed. i take that as there will be a replay of the entire game just like araindate in baseball other than that give me comp seats to another game in the same seats. :whistling: