GDT: DEVILS VS AVALANCHE- 3:00 ET

robdeselich88

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the hypocrisy on this board. Stevens threw clean, hard checks like that for years. Now an opponent does the same thing, and people are calling for blood, and to go after their star players (including someone saying to go after Sakic hahahaha).

the hit was clean no doubt about it but he still injured the devils best player. its not my fault the flyers were pussies and never tried anything.

the hit was clean no doubt about it but he still injured the devils best player. its not my fault the flyers were pussies and never tried anything.

I would say 2nd best player. Zach is the best player on the team. When someone gets injured on a clean hit, there is nothing more you can do than what Fraser did. Take him on in a fight. Anything beyond that would warrant a game ejection and possibly a suspension. No point in harming the team to get "revenge" on a guy for throwing a legal hit.

Love the hypocrisy on this board. Stevens threw clean, hard checks like that for years. Now an opponent does the same thing, and people are calling for blood, and to go after their star players (including someone saying to go after Sakic hahahaha).

Well, I'm not watching the game, but if it was a clean open-ice hit then so be it. Patty has been caught before with his head down, hopefully he wasn't concussed. I've never heard of Ryan Wilson, but if this guy can throw hits like Stevens, Lou needs to trade for him.

The power-play is just an Achilles heel this year. Passing is just not good, and not enough shots directed at goal.

Can't complain guys, we been riding a high all season. This is bound to happen, Devs just can't let it fester 3, 4, 5, or 6 games in a row.

stan just gave some great news on Elias, seems to still be in the locker room, and doing all- :burn: right.

Think Elias just got his clock cleaned. Doesn't seem to serious. Looks like he tried to dodge it, and got flat out KO'd. Stretcher was largely just precautionary, to me.

Anyway, powerplay needs to get going. Simple as that. Could be 2-1, ideally 2-2 right now. Can't score on every one obviously, but...man could we use one right now.

And to those jumping ship...have some damn patience. You can't expect the devils to match that first half performance. That was just amazing. They'll bounce back just fine. Especially when Martin, Zubrus, and Clarkson return.

Lastly, to those who want peters to go after someone...why would you even suggest such a thing? Calm down with the testosterone, getting someone suspended and getting the team fined isn't worth it.

Bottom line: Win the game. For patty.

what the hell happened to this team? nobody is going to the net, all these shots are from the outside. this is pretty princess hockey... makes me sick.

I'm with you. I was just thinking that I don't remember Anderson making one difficult save this entire game.

Anyways Patty seems to be ok so that is really good to hear and I liked how Fraser stepped up to fight as well. The only thing that might have been scarier then the hit on Elias was Peters on the power play. Yikes.

Think Elias just got his clock cleaned. Doesn't seem to serious. Looks like he tried to dodge it, and got flat out KO'd. Stretcher was largely just precautionary, to me.

Yeah, as soon as that stretcher comes out on the ice, that just doesn't look good. Thankfully, it sounds like he's ok. Team report just stated he'll be flying back with the team tonight, no need to keep him in CO for observation.

I like the term 'princess hockey' haha thats a good one. This team really needs to get back to fore checking instead of taking the zone with possesion. When you forecheck, when you do get the puck, its down low by the net. Not a weak shot just as you cross the blueline. Lemaire needs to adjust already. And get Bergfors on a line with Elias. You could get so much more out of them together than Bergfors playing with Nieds and Pando. btw, whats the f'ing point of playing bergfors there after he was playing GREAT all season with either Elias or on the top line with Parise and Zajac.

This team can win against the cupcake teams but when it comes to a big bully they pus out. just look at the playoffs the last few years.