GDT: Devils @ San Jose

MadDog2020

But what would you like the NHL to do? Yank the contract midseason? Talk about kicking someone when they're down... "Yeah, it sucks that you're having trouble negotiating with DirecTV, but we're gonna make it worse for you by taking away one of your main sources of programming!"

If the NHL wants do something right (for once), they should intervene in this ridiculous dispute and help broker a fvcking deal. Ya know, that way they avoid the embarrassment of having half the country miss the playoffs.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the NHL wants do something right (for once), they should intervene in this ridiculous dispute and help broker a fvcking deal. Ya know, that way they avoid the embarrassment of having half the country miss the playoffs.

I don't disagree. I just get tired of people complaining about the NHL not taking any action when it's clear that there's very little -- aside from your suggestion -- that the league can do RIGHT NOW that will get those national games back on TV RIGHT NOW. (I don't know if their contract allows for a simulcast with NHL Network or placing Versus's games on Center Ice; I'm guessing probably not.)

I don't disagree. I just get tired of people complaining about the NHL not taking any action when it's clear that there's very little -- aside from your suggestion -- that the league can do RIGHT NOW that will get those national games back on TV RIGHT NOW. (I don't know if their contract allows for a simulcast with NHL Network or placing Versus's games on Center Ice; I'm guessing probably not.)

Pffffffffft...Are you kidding Rowdy? That would actually make sense and allow people to watch the games, so of course the NHL would have no part of it.

Edited by MadDog2020

Pffffffffft...Are you kidding Rowdy? That would actually make sense and allow people to watch the games, so of course the NHL would have no part of it.

yeah i am sure that advertisers and versus would absolutely love to do that. let's sign a non-exclusive contract.

TG tweeted zharkov is in the lineup tonight fwiw