Game 5 GDT: Flyers @ Devils

RSC

Parise should be the captain. Look around the league and you can see many good teams have all-star captains (Ovechkin, Crosby, Lidstrom, Staal, Toews, Doan..) Clearly, Langenbrunner is not even the third best player on the ice, his captaincy needs to be passed over like whet Brind'Amour did earlier this season.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parise should be the captain. Look around the league and you can see many good teams have all-star captains (Ovechkin, Crosby, Lidstrom, Staal, Toews, Doan..) Clearly, Langenbrunner is not even the third best player on the ice, his captaincy needs to be passed over like whet Brind'Amour did earlier this season.

Parise should 110% without question be captain....

Yeah, know what you mean. Unfortunately I saw this one coming, and although a lot of fans were taking the optimistic route, I think deep down a lot of Devils fans saw this coming too.

Too bummed to think too much about the future, but I'm glad it ended the way it did for one reason...now there's no illusions about this team being close. It's not, and the whole second half and these playoffs proved it, and if this team comes back relatively intact, I'll never allow this bunch to fool me again. Time for change, and not just minor tweaks.

Bye bye Jacques...you were a big reason for this franchise's rise to glory back in '94 and beyond, but you can't come back.

And I'm hoping Elias and/or Langenbrunner somehow find their way out of here. I appreciate everything you guys did, and I'll remember you both fondly, but it's time for you both to leave...tired blood.

Won't be too upset if White and Mottau are sent packing either.

Done with this for now...can't think straight.

Agreed with everything you said man. I love what guys like Elias and Langenbrunner have done but it's time to rebuild this roster. This has to become a new team and not another reincarnation of what hasn't worked the past few years.

Langenbrunner should definitely have his C stripped after this year after that ridiculous bitchfest in the final few weeks, plus the absolute no-show in these playoffs. Everyone complains about Lemaire not getting the team fired up, how about the captain? Langenbrunner was probably sitting in the locker room between periods with Eminem blasting into his earphones.

Yeah, know what you mean. Unfortunately I saw this one coming, and although a lot of fans were taking the optimistic route, I think deep down a lot of Devils fans saw this coming too.

Too bummed to think too much about the future, but I'm glad it ended the way it did for one reason...now there's no illusions about this team being close. It's not, and the whole second half and these playoffs proved it, and if this team comes back relatively intact, I'll never allow this bunch to fool me again. Time for change, and not just minor tweaks.

Bye bye Jacques...you were a big reason for this franchise's rise to glory back in '94 and beyond, but you can't come back.

And I'm hoping Elias and/or Langenbrunner somehow find their way out of here. I appreciate everything you guys did, and I'll remember you both fondly, but it's time for you both to leave...tired blood.

Won't be too upset if White and Mottau are sent packing either.

Done with this for now...can't think straight.

I'm one to have b!tched all 2010 about this team's poor performances.

It still hurts like a B!TCH though

I'm really concerned about our future. We're tied to White and Rolston for $8M. 8 million dollars right to the trash can

Can everyone hear the lets go Flyers chants in the background while Dano is talking? Another year being laughed out of our own building.

We got really lucky with the Flyers fans in our building. It could've been a lot lot worse.

At this point give Stevens a chance. I know I know he doesnt have experience, but you can rest assured this team will start to develop an identity again. This team has had no identity in the loast wht 4 - 5 years?? Why not give him a shot??

If they hire from within, it'll probably be Johnny Mac. The whole reason he went to Lowell was to get head coaching experience so he could possibly become New Jersey's head coach one day.

This is why no one takes you seriously. He's been one of the best players for us at the end of the season and in the playoffs. Look at the goals the Devils have scored this series.

Game 1- 1

Game 2- 5

Game 3- 2

Game 4- 1

Game 5- 0

Can't blame Marty.

Agree can't blame Marty for dying in 5. He had a couple of bad GA but they didn't matter.

If they hire from within, it'll probably be Johnny Mac. The whole reason he went to Lowell was to get head coaching experience so he could possibly become New Jersey's head coach one day.

I am sure you are right, I am just so tired of this team having no mojo. NO identity no physical presence. Stevens will give him that at least.

Lou needs to see if he can trade Marty and Zach those bags of sh!t for boucher!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I am so glad to give up Johnny O for the cancer of the league Kovalchuk.

DB

Lou needs to see if he can trade Marty and Zach those bags of sh!t for boucher!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I am so glad to give up Johnny O for the cancer of the league Kovalchuk.

DB

Are you f**ckng retarded?..giving up zach parise for boucher!..u have to be mentally ill to even say that!!..

Nobody criticizes parise he always gets a free pass because he skates hard...

That is true, he does skate hard, but I look at the stats. I love Parise, but this team scored 4 even strength goals in 5 games. One was an empty netter and one was by Colin white. Where the hell was Parise ??? This team was supposed to be so good 5 - 5???

Langenbrunner should definitely have his C stripped after this year after that ridiculous bitchfest in the final few weeks, plus the absolute no-show in these playoffs. Everyone complains about Lemaire not getting the team fired up, how about the captain? Langenbrunner was probably sitting in the locker room between periods with Eminem blasting into his earphones.

No, he needs to leave. Period. A lot of the old guard has to go...no hard feelings against them, but the sooner this becomes Zach's team, the better. The old regime came crashing down hard tonight. The 2003 holdovers, minus Brodeur, can all be shown the door as far as I'm concerned...won't happen, but the more of them that go, the better.

I am sure you are right, I am just so tired of this team having no mojo. NO identity no physical presence. Stevens will give him that at least.

Oh, you're absolutely right. Though I still feel that leadership coming from a captain (such as when Scotty was captain...heh)will almost always mean more than when coming from the coach. Ya think if a coach flipped on Friesen the way Scotty did after an overtime loss to the Wings would have had the same impact? Find a leader, Lou. I'm begging you.

Well it could have been worse we could have been leading and given up 2 goals in 1:30.

By the way JL is a genius!

This NJ where anything less than a cup is a failure!

I tell you one thing, I'd rather have a fighting chance w/1:30 left than go scoreless on my own ice for 3 periods.

funny how both sutter and the devils wound up being abject failures...sutter and the devils both wound up being "quitters"...

hope lou doesn't have a stroke.

No, he needs to leave. Period. A lot of the old guard has to go...no hard feelings against them, but the sooner this becomes Zach's team, the better. The old regime came crashing down hard tonight. The 2003 holdovers, minus Brodeur, can all be shown the door as far as I'm concerned...won't happen, but the more of them that go, the better.

I hear what you're saying. I guess cutting Gionta, Madden and Rupp loose wasn't enough.

Buddy what the fvck do you watch... you must be watching hockey with the Fox puck tracker to follow the game.... You are insulting those stars by mentioning that Queer Parise in the same sentence.

As I mentioned earlier after game 4...Zach has no energy in the tank after blow'n dudes on the jersey shore... Captain Queer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Leafs Go!

So you want Langenbrunner keep the captaincy??? I know Parise disappeared most of the series but hey, who else can be the captain? underachiever Elias? The best 3 players in the playoffs are Marty, Kovy and Zubie. Of the 3, Kovy's tenure is likely over. Zubie is not a captain material and Marty, well maybe. The idea is to get the C to somebody else and I don't think anyone else deserves it but Parise gets it by default.

MVP of this series

Giourux or how ever the fvck you spell it... Boucher did nothing but stop the routine stuff. We never made Brian a factor one way or another in this series.

I even think Richards or Carter deserve a mention. Their forwards shut us down this series. I can't take anything from the Flyers - they out played us in almost ever roster spot. That's why this hurts so bad.

Oh, you're absolutely right. Though I still feel that leadership coming from a captain (such as when Scotty was captain...heh)will almost always mean more than when coming from the coach. Ya think if a coach flipped on Friesen the way Scotty did after an overtime loss to the Wings would have had the same impact? Find a leader, Lou. I'm begging you.

So true RSC. I honestly aftert this series do not think they have anybody on this team that fits that "leader" role! Zach is close, but his series was nothing special, and he has been part of the losing here too the last few seasons. Not to mention his coming out a few weeks ago and crying about the fans booing them on the Power play. After their performance this series hes lucky they werent throwing things at them !!!!

No they need some fresh blood and some fresh leadership blood!!