New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's unrelated, but even the people who "made" money early with Madoff are going to have to give their money back into the pot for an equitable payout to all victims in the scheme. Who has to pay back and how much depends on when you can argue fraud started taking place and how much money you had involved then.

so, that's how Wilpon is going to build that arena

I think this Kovy watch has actually caused the sharp pain in my wrist that I have felt all day. I didn't put two and two together until tonight, when I was scrolling and saw how I was holding the mouse...but all day at work I could not lift anything.

don't think this has been mentioned nor do I know where this is coming from, but for what it's worth, TFP twittered (that is ridiculous that spell check now recognizes that as a word) that, "if Kovalchuk signs with the Devils for anything but $6.66M per year, I'll be disappointed."

http://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod

again not sure if that is backed by any kind of source or information of any kind or if he is merely stating that is the number he placed his bets on for a how much will kovie sign for pool but I figured any news is better than nothing.

Edited by brickwall30

don't think this has been mentioned nor do I know where this is coming from, but for what it's worth, TFP twittered (that is ridiculous that spell check now recognizes that as a word) that, "if Kovalchuk signs with the Devils for anything but $6.66M per year, I'll be disappointed."

http://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod

again not sure if that is backed by any kind of source or information of any kind or if he is merely stating that is the number he placed his bets on for a how much will kovie sign for pool but I figured any news is better than nothing.

Im pretty sure hes just joking about the number 666 and the Devils. Not unlike those "Satan should play for the Devils" jokes that have not been funny for years now.

It sounds like Kovalchuk and Grossman made the decision easy for Lombardi. But I respect that he won't jeopardize Doughty and Simmonds and others for Kovalchuk. That's smart.

I wish we were that smart.... (or had so many good young players for that matter)

the Kings reportedly offered him $63 million over 12 years, an annual cap hit of $5.25 million,

$5.25 million is about right as of now, Kovy has no leverage but to go to the KHL. Lou should NOT break the bank for him, especially after using us as leverage with the Kings. Lou should just reduce his offer and use the KINGS rejection as his leverage.

:rofl: I go to the beach for one day and this thread is 117 pages long when I wake up the next morning. I fvcking love this forum.

it was at 108 when I went to bed at about 10pm, at 5:30am it was 117! awesome!

So the kings and kovalchuk turned down another offer. So why isnt he signing in NJ or anywhere else? the reasoning that we'd be over the cap or do not have the cap space does not make sense because we can be over the cap now and have 3 months to get under the cap, so Kovy could sign here and then Lou worries about his cap. this whole Kovy watch 2010 is messed up. He's been a free agent for a week now, one of the brightest goal scoring stars in the NHL. this is really crazy....

So are any of you guys actually going to watch the LeBron special? I refuse to give ESPN what they want and turn it on. You don't talk about hockey, you don't get my viewership.

So are any of you guys actually going to watch the LeBron special? I refuse to give ESPN what they want and turn it on. You don't talk about hockey, you don't get my viewership.

No, No, and No.

lol

So the kings and kovalchuk turned down another offer. So why isnt he signing in NJ or anywhere else? the reasoning that we'd be over the cap or do not have the cap space does not make sense because we can be over the cap now and have 3 months to get under the cap, so Kovy could sign here and then Lou worries about his cap. this whole Kovy watch 2010 is messed up. He's been a free agent for a week now, one of the brightest goal scoring stars in the NHL. this is really crazy....

Like maxpower said on HF, it's telling that in a league where Brian Rolston gets eighteen offers, that Kovy has apparently two real NHL suitors.