New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

wtf???? 17 years? are you aware this guy is 27?

just what we need, a 44 year old dead weight. anyone see shades of larionov in this?

Now what do we say to patty? (you know lou is going to let him walk in 2 years) or to the bevy of centers we have laying in wait in our farm system?

Hey I love the guy, but I'd have taken him for 5 years, 10 mil/per.

Lou I think has gone insane. why the heck do we need another left wing? If we dont win the cup in the next two years, I see this coming back to bite us.

:giggle: Where have you been? peace.gif Read the board - read how the contract hits the books - read about the little out clause Lou snuck in there.

and -- I think he was being facetious with that 17 years to perfect it thing Kick back, have a cold frosty :cheers: There'll be plenty to get your panties in a bunch about soon enough I'm sure.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf???? 17 years? are you aware this guy is 27?

just what we need, a 44 year old dead weight. anyone see shades of larionov in this?

Now what do we say to patty? (you know lou is going to let him walk in 2 years) or to the bevy of centers we have laying in wait in our farm system?

Hey I love the guy, but I'd have taken him for 5 years, 10 mil/per.

Lou I think has gone insane. why the heck do we need another left wing? If we dont win the cup in the next two years, I see this coming back to bite us.

You understand that he won't be playing then right? If anything it is a 10 year/60M (cap hit) deal. After that his salary drops considerably and he will likely retire. It is still a long time but for the money it is excellent.

As for Elias you re-sign for a lot less since it would be an over 35 deal or you let him walk. There is no way he commands a similar contract at that age,

Wow you just keep them coming.

lou has effectively mortgaged the future.

You do realize that Kovalchuk's cap hit is $6M right? As Brooks pointed out, that would only be the 5th highest salary on the NYR.

if josefson and tedenby turn out to be all that, no way we keep all of these guys.

By that time, Langs, Elias, Zubrus, Rolston and a bevy of other players will be off the books.

secondly, parise was a way way higher priority. how the heck does uncle lou top this?

By signing Parise to an identical 17 year contract?

or does he shortchange parise? or maybe he lowballs the guy because he cant put up the points kovy can?

Parise can produce the same points Kovalchuk can, and will get a similar contract.

at 17 years we cant jettison this guy either.

Right, because no team would want a 90+ pointer at $6M/year. Definitely not the Rangers.

let me reiterate, I love kovy on the team. But we gotta think bigger things. a number one dman, a number one center, a decent right wing not named langenbrunner. (A replacement for MARTY??)

And I'd like to have a million dollars. There is no perfect team in the league.

or maybe we intend to win every game 10-9.

That's funny, I thought our defense (which already had the lowest GA last year) got better this offseason.

lou has effectively mortgaged the future.

if josefson and tedenby turn out to be all that, no way we keep all of these guys.

secondly, parise was a way way higher priority. how the heck does uncle lou top this?

or does he shortchange parise? or maybe he lowballs the guy because he cant put up the points kovy can?

at 17 years we cant jettison this guy either.

let me reiterate, I love kovy on the team. But we gotta think bigger things. a number one dman, a number one center, a decent right wing not named langenbrunner. (A replacement for MARTY??)

or maybe we intend to win every game 10-9.

What in god's holy name are you blathering about? The whole point of the long term deal like this is that you have the cap space and don't have to low ball players in the future.

Josefson/Tedenby? You do realize they don't hit unrestricted free agency for something like SEVEN YEARS. They've got some time to figure that one out.

I could go on, but I'll let Joe Clark do the talking...

Love the new banner.

Dear DM:

I love the banner but as the Keeper of Kovy I feel it is my duty to pathetically politely beg request that something Kovy be added to thefront page permanentally.

Edited by ben00rs

Dear DM:

I love the banner but as the Keeper of Kovy I feel it is my duty to pathetically politely beg request that something Kovy be added to thefront page permanentally.

I leave the real banners to UnderDogX since his skills are way beyond mine and we wanna stay professional looking.

I leave the real banners to UnderDogX since his skills are way beyond mine and we wanna stay professional looking.

Dear UnderDogX:

CC: DM

Fixed. :evil:

Edited by ben00rs

Why 17 years though? Most players who play into their late 40's are defencemen, not Russians who will break down in their mid 30's...

Can we please get a Cap F.A.Q. up and running somewhere? There's no point explaining how it works over and over again

It is amazing how many people on here do not realize why the deal was structured as it is, and believe that the signing of Kovy means we will not retain Zach. WAKE UP PEOPLE! We will 100% lock Zach up long term, COUNT ON IT! Lou is not an idiot, and once ZP is signed longterm, we will have 2 of the top 10 forwards in the game playing for the DEVILS for years to come!

Can someone explain why he is only making $6 million the next 2 years before jumping up to 11.5? I'm confizzled.

My guess is in deference to Brodeur. Marty will remain the highest paid Devil until his contract runs out, then Kovy takes over that mantle.

Also, a load of money comes off the books that year.