New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called out of work sick yesterday. Tried to lay down and get some rest but my phone kept blowing up about Kovy staying in Jersey. :lol:

What can I say? Just as I was getting used to the idea that he was only here for a brief stay, he becomes a lifer. Crazy.

I don't like the overload at LW. But ... uh ... that's about it as far as negatives go from my POV. This guy is the shiznittlebamzipzapzap! I said it when we traded for him, but a team with Kovalchuk and Parise leading the way can compete with Crosby/Malkin and Ovechkin/Semin/Backstrom. Top-heavy at forward seems to be the way to go. We now fit that bill. Nice cap hit too.

Of course, we can't fully judge this until we see what moves are made to fit that cap hit, but ....

In Lou We Trust.

I'm pretty sure I've been saying everything you just said for months now.

I'm moving this thread into the Hall of Fame soon... think we get to 300 pages before then?

I'd love to see it happen (mostly coz that's what I predicted), but today's press conference felt a bit like the last day of school before everyone heads off for summer vacation.

Still stunned we got him; it's like a dream. An offensive powerhouse with an insane wrist shot now a Devils lifer by choice....... I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets today :)

Still stunned we got him; it's like a dream. An offensive powerhouse with an insane wrist shot now a Devils lifer by choice....... I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets today :)

Your numbers: 17 17 17 17 17 Mega: 17

Hey, I'll jump on the Kovalchuk Army bandwagon. This guy has to be good for us. Defense wins games, but OFFENSE makes it exciting to watch. We need more than just Zach out there. All they have to do is double team him and there goes our secret weapon. :koolaid: