New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah -- what he said(DiG's Farber link) I had a whole cookie jar analogy I was going to get into in the other thread but stopped myself! Whew.

Also I am stating here -- Daniel we ALL understand there is always a chance the Devils will lose if this goes to arbitration. When one person judges something the chances are always 50/50. If they lose you cannot say "As unhappy as I am, I TOLD you all there was a very real chance this would happen" We all KNOW that and always have. When the point is not made in every post it doesn't mean we need you to remind us. It doesn't mean we've missed something you've seen. No amount of speculation has merit if the decision isn't up to us. This whole board is pointless if you want to look at things that way. Fact of the matter is if the arbiter hates SCott Stevens, he's going to rule against the Devils :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Grieve this NHL!

So now to picking an arbitrator.

I guess each side submits names & then the other side gets to object to some of them, and finally they whittle the lists down to the person neither side objects to too much ?

Edited by BlueSkirt

Grieve this NHL!

So now to picking an arbitrator.

I guess each side submits names & then the other side gets to object to some of them, and finally they whittle it down to the person neither side objects too too much ?

That's how a typical arbitration would work. What makes this interesting, however, is that there's no third party in place (which ordinarily would be the American Arbitration Association) that administers the selection of the arbitrator. Still, I'll take the under on what Tri proposed. I think we'll know no later by the end of next week.