Joe Has Plenty Of Go

Rock

:lol: Joe is such a Virgo! He's all excited! He's a got PROJECT! Woohooo!

Now all he just needs to get his productive spindly fingers in there and feck with everyone's mind and come early May it's smooth sailing for the Devils! As soon as it gets bumpy (as it always does for the Leafs) people will get all mad at Meddling Joe! I can hear Tucker now..."Shut the fvck up you prissy mutherfecker!" Seriously – if they give Joe enough rope…

Of course I could be reading him all wrong...

Maybe the I-told-you-Lou-should-have-signed-them posts can be consolidated this year since Joe & Almo are both on the same team? :rolleyes: The worst thing about Lou not re-signing UFAs? It's not the fact that we've lost the player, it's all of the see-what-they-could-have-done-for-us posts. I really hope the Joe stuff doesn't carry on like the Almo stuff did/has.

Maybe the I-told-you-Lou-should-have-signed-them posts can be consolidated this year since Joe & Almo are both on the same team? :rolleyes: The worst thing about Lou not re-signing UFAs? It's not the fact that we've lost the player, it's all of the see-what-they-could-have-done-for-us posts. I really hope the Joe stuff doesn't carry on like the Almo stuff did/has.

well all we've seen thus far are the who-gives-a sh!te posts so I'm not too worried about a repeat fo the Mogilny thing. maybe if Joe was Russian... :P

Where's ^7^? I need someone to yell at!

[well all we've seen thus far are the who-gives-a sh!te posts so I'm not too worried about a repeat fo the Mogilny thing. maybe if Joe was Russian... :P

There is a huge difference; at the most, how many productive years does Joe have left? Does he even have one? With Almo, there was no doubt he still had gas left in the tank.

I'm not against Joe, but losing him is nowhere near as important as losing Almo was.

I agree Joe will not be missed. Toronto's locker room needs his leadership more then the Devils does. I liked him while he was here, but his loss is nothing compared to the loss of Almo. But we've already had that discussion. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting this, Rock. I appreciate it.

By the way -- you know where I'm coming from on these comments I hope! I just think Joe's skills are wasted on the Leafs! They'll over-value and then under appreciate at the bat of an eye! I wouldn't mind it being better than that for Joe's sake i just have no faith in Fat Quinn's Leafs.

Thanks for posting this, Rock.  I appreciate it.

By the way -- you know where I'm coming from on these comments I hope! I just think Joe's skills are wasted on the Leafs! They'll over-value and then under appreciate at the bat of an eye! I wouldn't mind it being better than that for Joe's sake i just have no faith in Fat Quinn's Leafs.

I know what you mean about Toronto - the media frenzy, at least. It's so bizarre. They're getting more coverage for their European pre-season games than the Devils do during the regular season! That's no exaggeration, either! And they're all oh-so-happy with Joe right now, but you're right, they'll rip into him at the least little thing.

Wish we could find a happy medium between the not-enough-coverage of the Devils and the way-over-the-top-coverage of the Leafs.

I don't understand the "what did Joe ever do for us?" attitude that some people here are already displaying. Seeing an ex-Devil in a different sweater causes memory loss, I guess. He wasn't an all-time Devils great, but he helped you to a 3rd Stanley Cup in his short time here. If you think the Devils would have won the Cup without him, I think you're wrong. I think every one of his teammates would tell you differently.

I understand loyalty to the Devils - I'm all for it. But players move all over the place anymore. Doesn't make them suddenly worthless.

I don't understand the "what did Joe ever do for us?" attitude that some people here are already displaying.

While I appreciate what Joe did for us, Joe is heading towards the end of his career. All I am saying is there was no reason to spend all kinds of money on a fragile player who'se best contribution was his heart. I respect him, but IMHO Joe will miss the Devils more than we miss him.

I don't understand the "what did Joe ever do for us?" attitude that some people here are already displaying.

While I appreciate what Joe did for us, Joe is heading towards the end of his career. All I am saying is there was no reason to spend all kinds of money on a fragile player who'se best contribution was his heart. I respect him, but IMHO Joe will miss the Devils more than we miss him.

Believe me, I understand all the arguments for not signing Joe - I do, really - at least with my head ;) .

But that's a whole different thing than what I was referring to.

[i don't understand the "what did Joe ever do for us?" attitude that some people here are already displaying. ]

I totally agree, Dev. Go to any message board in the NHL and you'll see the same thing. A once favored player, who everyone was dying to see resigned, up and trots off to another team.

The talk then becomes, "Ah, what the heck? He never really did anything to help us. X Team can have him because they're going to soon wish that they'd never signed him because of yada yada yada."

Fans really develop amnesia, when a guy like Joey leaves to play for anothe team. Just look at Detroit for example. Everyone on their boards is now whinning about what a sorry player he was for them and how he was such a cancer in The Room for them, when they were all at one time begging Holland to resign him and holding a vigil in hopes of his return.

Pretty amazing if you ask me. :noclue:

IceThief :evil:

Interesting posts regarding Joe and his signing. Lou shouldn't have signbed him because he wasn't worth the money for the entire season. His play early on really doesn't matter. PepperKorn said it very well about his petering out as the pressure come on. That should have been observed during the years he played with the Devils. Any comparison with Almo is wrong, Almo was talented and not a flash of his old self at the wrong time. I wish Joe well as I do every player that leaves the Devils. They all leave for the same reason, MONEY. With the Devils losing money and team financial value coming down annually Lou can't waste money on maybes at $5 M.

...who wasn't missed at all. So Joe'll be missed less than nothing?

Joe won't be missed because we never saw him as an integral part of the team. Yeah, we don't win the Cup without him, I agree, but that doesn't mean he's not replaceable. I think replacing him with Larionov is short-sighted and will not be good come playoff time, but we shall see. It's a long season.