Zach Parise

Jas0nMacIsaac

With respect to all, who bring up great points, I think that we can all agree on one truth: Watching Parise play and develope in the Devils system will be exciting, because the Devils really do a good job of producing strong players

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect to all, who bring up great points, I think that we can all agree on one truth: Watching Parise play and develope in the Devils system will be exciting, because the Devils really do a good job of producing strong players

:clap: Exactly! Now let's dance! :dance:

First....How many of you actually seen Parise play, I bet I am one of the only ones to see him 4 times (wjc) and I know that he was the best player on team USA. That means better then Brown, Higgins, OSullivan, ect.

For the people that are trying to put words n my mouth I don't expect any rookie to come in an razzle adn dazzle on the ice, I expect them to do a better job then the players behind them. I said Parise would be the 2nd best defensive center on our team adn the 2nd best offensive center on the team. There is nooooooooooo way that someone can say Rupp is better then Parise, it is a foolish thing to say, Rupp never put up points in any level of hockey he has ever played in plus I don't find Rupp appealing in the defensive zone also.

rbdf, that is way off, and I can tell most of you are scared to talk what ever is in your mind for Tri will bash it. I don't care if he watched hockey for 30 years, it doesn't mean he can't be wrong or wrong alot. You keep saying Lou doesn't want to rush players this and that, If Burns thinks the kid can help the team then he will play him. He is out there to keep his job and win, not to develop players.

A little comparison to Rupp

Skating Parise

Size - Rupp

Faceoffs - Parise

Defense - Parise

Offense - Parise

PP - Parise

PK - Parise

Shot - Parise

Playmaking - Parise

Strength - Rupp

Experience - Rupp

Edurence - Parise

Leadership - Parise

I'm not saying anything because RD asked us to tone it down or the thread will be locked. There are disagreements on the board all the time. Its part of the message board society. We will all find out about Parises future based on his growth in the college level and the need of the Devils. We still don't even know if there will be hockey next year. For all we know Parise could be 25 before the NHL every plays another game. As far as your animosity towards Tri, I would just drop it.

When the Devils drafted Gomez 27th overall in '98, he played for the Tri-City Americans in the WHL two years tearing it up in the final year. Would anyone say that the WHL is the caliber of playing collegiately?

The Canadian Juniors and college are quite comparable. However here is one thing. Generally if a player leaves college for Juniors, a mediocre college player statisticlly tears things up in junior. A college player is against more physiclly mature players, not to mention that teams play a better system game in college. And college players are more comfortable in playing in high pressure games, anyone who has seen a rivalry, confrence on ncaa tourny game would most likely attest to the immense pressure both teams are under to win.

i CAN say that rupp is better than parise. why? because rupp is still on the roster and lou didn't sign parise.

as for the ratio of veterans to rookies, lou has his famous orchestra metaphor. as long as lou is in charge, there will always be a certain balance between experience and inexperienced players.

Precisely brylin.. there's no context for comparing Rupp and Parise. When they play in games at a similar level, we can compare. Until then, it's all shouts into the wind. I will definitely agree that Parise has far more potential. But that is an all-too-abused word.

Jason, I'm probably a year older than you are.

The Canadian Juniors and college are quite comparable. However here is one thing. Generally if a player leaves college for Juniors, a mediocre college player statisticlly tears things up in junior. A college player is against more physiclly mature players, not to mention that teams play a better system game in college. And college players are more comfortable in playing in high pressure games, anyone who has seen a rivalry, confrence on ncaa tourny game would most likely attest to the immense pressure both teams are under to win.

Thank you Sarge. Good assessment.

A little comparison to Rupp

Skating Parise

Size - Rupp

Faceoffs - Parise

Defense - Parise

Offense - Parise

PP - Parise

PK - Parise

Shot - Parise

Playmaking - Parise

Strength - Rupp

Experience - Rupp

Edurence - Parise

Leadership - Parise

You've put up a valiant fight JasOnMacIsaac, however this isnt EA Sports NHL 2004.

I was quietly supporting your arguement. But I just jumped ship. Your comparision holds little water. Now everyone needs to take a deep breathe and hold it , hold it....ok exhale and relax.....and again...in through the nose....out through the mouth. thats it. Youve got it.

That westcoastdevilsfan..... he sure knows how to just chill and flow with the moment

:dance::dance::dance:

C'mon Sammy...

you know you are down with the Devils banana dance

:dance: - Get Up.... get on upppp!

It's never been the Devils priority to rush players EVER before, so why pluck a kid right out of school and throw him into the big leagues?

If a student is a genius at math, you put him in the calculus class, not in the geometry class with the rest of the bewildered sophomores.

In other words, if he's ready for the NHL, then he'll play. The reason why the Devils don't play 19 year olds is because it's rare to draft one that's ready to play effectively with the big boys. But they come along every so often. We don't usually draft high enough to get one.

Interesting thread!

I agree with Jerry here. Some players are ready - Nieuwy went straight from his Cornell playoffs to New York City to join the Flames, and never looked back, and he was only 20 years old. And he was either 2nd or 3rd line center his first full year. Didn't Brett Hull do the same thing? I'm sure there are others that some of you guys could name, who came out of college and never spent time in Juniors. Maybe Parise's not going to be one of them, but who knows?

It's never been the Devils priority to rush players EVER before, so why pluck a kid right out of school and throw him into the big leagues?

If a student is a genius at math, you put him in the calculus class, not in the geometry class with the rest of the bewildered sophomores.

In other words, if he's ready for the NHL, then he'll play. The reason why the Devils don't play 19 year olds is because it's rare to draft one that's ready to play effectively with the big boys. But they come along every so often. We don't usually draft high enough to get one.

You can't be good at Calculus without Trigonometry.

Actually you can, there isn't much trig in calculus, one section with angles and derivatives and integers.

I was trying to make a good analogy.

Personally, I've skipped stuff, and it's worked out in different ways. I skipped a year of French and really struggled in the beginning. It is true that eventually I caught up, but I was falling on my face for a long while.

Is that analogy adequate?

I was enjoying this thread much more when you all where chewing JasOnMacIsaac a new one. Now its Trig, Calc? S(#t we need the season to start soon. COME ON SEASON!!!! PLEASE START SOON!!!!!!!!! so we, can start second-guessing and praising Lou again as well as Pat and his line combinations. Cause its better the then this psuedo-intellect horsepuckey.

I was enjoying this thread much more when you all where chewing JasOnMacIsaac a new one. Now its Trig, Calc? S(#t we need the season to start soon. COME ON SEASON!!!! PLEASE START SOON!!!!!!!!! so we, can start second-guessing and praising Lou again as well as Pat and his line combinations. Cause its better the then this psuedo-intellect horsepuckey.

At least somebody's chewing someone a new one.

Not really though.