where were you?

NYCdevil

I was somewhere in the middle of PA driving on Route 80 going to OH. Got a txt from ESPN and nearly drove of the road I was going to crazy.

I was in Kent, OH when I got the veto txt. First words were "Are you kidding! Go f--k yourself Bettman!!!"

Edited by mmajeski06

When he signed: Putting exhaust pipes away at work...first text was from my brother and I thought it was a joke since he is a Ranger fan...then my phone blew up from Devil fans.

When the NHL rejected: Driving back from roller hockey and getting dinner with my brother...once again I thought he was joking until he showed me his phone that had all the legit tweets on it.

Signed.. i was with my kid ready to put his favorite internet url where he can sing & dance in front of the computer like a maniac... THEN badaboum !

Poor kid... no fun internet site, only daddy explain to him how awesome the situation is !

(but he got extra-chocolate after his dinner)

(i don't wanna sound like a bad daddy ; ) )

TSN website for my daily check. I was at work and saw the headline "Kovalchuk remains a Devil"...excitement and "head scratching" ensued as I couldn't believe Lamoriello finally signed someone for more money that it would take to purchase a Panera Bread sandwich... :rofl:

I stayed home from work sick on Monday and was trying to sleep when I got repeatedly texted about the Kovy signing.

I was dead tired from being unable to sleep the day before so I tried to go to bed early last night and kept getting awoken with texts saying the contract was rejected.

Maybe when I go to bed tonight, I'll get texts saying Bettman was just kidding and Kovalchuk's deal is A-OK?

I was on that same lake when I found out the deal was rejected. It really sucked being in Canada since every time I turned on the TV they were talking about the contract rejection during the news.

As an aside, Bryce Salvador was on my flight home from Calgary with his wife and two kids. I just said hi although I was tempted to ask his thoughts on the Kovy deal and if he was worried about getting dealt.