DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

I've sat in 208 or 209 like 10 times this year, and last night was by far the most full and loudest game. I agree that the 100 level can be better for us getting heard on the ice, but then we will lose support from walkovers and current regulars in 208 or 209. People can easily leave their upper deck section to join another one (most of the vocal fans are in the upper deck anyway) but it won't be as easy for people to go down to a 100 level section behind the goal.

I had a blast cheering in 209 last night and would love to do it again! It'd be awesome if we can really get this thing going and have the Devils designate the section for the "supporters". There was one lady last night that was complaining about all of us standing up and we even offered to let her move down to the front row but she declined. If the section was designated for the group then we wouldn't have to worry about that problem. Also the other thing I was thinking of, was how would this go over during a Ranger/Flyer game with their fans in the section? I can't see that ending well.

I was able to be around sections 101-107 last night. It was during the 3rd. I noticed a few times when section 232 would start the LGD chants, they were pretty loud. But only one time out of about 5, I saw 209 getting involved with the chant, and it was at the end of it. I know the chant could be heard from the 209 section. I just don't know why the section didn't get involved to help make the chant louder. Also, I noticed no one clapping after a Devils Dancer segment. Although they are kind of lame, I think if you're supporting the Devils, you need to support everything. Including the Devils dancers. But you guys did do a good job. I liked the faster PK chant too.

+1

I wasn't there last night, but my folks were. I asked them today if they noticed the Supporters in 209 and they said they most definitely did (sorry, forgot so ask what section they were in). They said you guys were very noticable and added a great element to the arena.

One observation they had was that it seemed like whenever chants started elsewhere in the arena, more people were likely to join in, but when they originated from 209, the chants seemed to be contained entirely within the section. Almost like the section was something you were either a part of or you were watching from afar.

If you guys want to avoid the territorial clique mentality the Crazies are so often accused of having, then joining in the chants other sections start, cheering for the dancers, following the Crazies' lead from time to time, etc., might be a good way to do that.

If you guys want to avoid the territorial clique mentality the Crazies are so often accused of having, then joining in the chants other sections start, cheering for the dancers, following the Crazies' lead from time to time, etc., might be a good way to do that.

It's hard to hear other chants but we tried to follow the baumann chant that 232 area started and we tried to do the chants that the mascot started even though he was brutal with his beat on the drum.

I think if we were in the 100 sections it would be easier to hear the other chants that are started by the rest of the arena.

As far as the chants go, we did join in on numerous LGD chants from other areas, the problem is when NJDevil did it, they were totally off beat, and other sections just weren't loud enough for us to catch the rhythm. We participated in Bauman's chant that originated on the opposite side, no one can deny that.

The thing is 95% of the chants originated from our corner, so it makes it look like we were only participating in what we started. I understand what you're saying, but I think being at the game would make it more obvious that we were not refusing to take part in other section chants.

Something I've noticed from the very first game at the Rock is that sound carries strangely there. At CAA I felt like it was easier to catch on to a chant started at the other end of the barn. At the Rock, I don't know, you either can't hear it at all or it sounds weaker or something. Maybe it has something to do with how much more broken up and smaller the sections are?

I didn't wanna sound accusatory of you guys, especially since I wasn't there. Just passing along the opinions of some bystanders who had no prior knowledge about it and don't really care about Crazies vs whoever nonsense (they don't even know who the Crazies are, haha). It's probably a decent representation of how a lot of people around the arena felt.

Anyway, you could be heard on TV and that was enough to impress me. Great job! I hope to be able to join in sometime this season.

Something I've noticed from the very first game at the Rock is that sound carries strangely there. At CAA I felt like it was easier to catch on to a chant started at the other end of the barn. At the Rock, I don't know, you either can't hear it at all or it sounds weaker or something. Maybe it has something to do with how much more broken up and smaller the sections are?

Yea I've noticed that too. Kinda stinks but oh well.

As a STH in 209 didnt mind your company last night.I didnt stand up and cheep like all of you for the whole game, but thats just me and prob most of the sth in the rock that go to every heartbreaking game this season. Anyway Too bad we didnt get to do the sam rosin chant last night.

As far as the chants go, we did join in on numerous LGD chants from other areas, the problem is when NJDevil did it, they were totally off beat, and other sections just weren't loud enough for us to catch the rhythm. We participated in Bauman's chant that originated on the opposite side, no one can deny that.

The thing is 95% of the chants originated from our corner, so it makes it look like we were only participating in what we started. I understand what you're saying, but I think being at the game would make it more obvious that we were not refusing to take part in other section chants.

There were many chants originating from the 233, 232 and 231 corner the entire game so I wouldn't say 95% of the chants originated from your corner. You sounded like you were doing your own thing and trying to get the rest of the fans to join in. Sometimes you have to hear and listen to what the other corner or other places of the the Rock the chants are coming from and join in on them. You had the support from the 233, 232 and 231 corner when you were heard if it wasn't already started from that corner. It will be really nice when it all comes together if you have just more than one or two games there. The 233, 232 and 231 corner do this for every game and have a lot of support from the fans that join in around the arena. They even put up the Lets Go Devils now on the scoreboard when that corner starts the chants including the Baumann chant.

Edited by SatansDevils

diabo.jpg

I WANT YOU TO JOIN THE "DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION"

A poster like that would be awesome...

All and all, i had a great time friday, yeah there were a few glitches, but was our first time as a group.. we willhave plenty of time to fix it...

I myself think we should probably do the more "complex" chant , during a stopage of play, or even at the end o the intermission. Leaving the eassier one like "Let's go devils" , " Devils clap clap" and " D-E-V-I-L-S" to do during the game play.

I myself think we should probably do the more "complex" chant , during a stopage of play, or even at the end o the intermission. Leaving the eassier one like "Let's go devils" , " Devils clap clap" and " D-E-V-I-L-S" to do during the game play.

During the first intermission, I did test out a longer and more complex sort of chant to see what others thought of it. While I know it's something the guys would be a bit difficult to remember at first, it would be worth trying at a future game. I'll post the lyrics here and show you an example of it being done.

[sung to the tune of Anarchy in the UK]

I am a Devils fan

And I am New Jerseyan

I know what I want

And I know how to get it

I want to destroy Rangers and Flyers

'Cause I want to be at The Rock

And here's where I got the idea from:

I know the whole point is to be positive, but I just thought of that song "Build Me Up Buttercup". It's a great sing-along song and the lyrics work with this season:

Why do you build me up (Build me up)

New Jersey Devils

Just to let me down (Let me down)

And mess me around

But worst of all (Worst of all)

You never win, Devils

When you say you will (Say you will)

But I love you still

I need you (I need you)

More than anyone, Devils

You know that I have from the start

So build me up (Build me up)

New Jersey, don't break my heart

:lol:

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

I wasn't there, but I could hear you guys on my laptop, LOL. Nice job! It seems like verybody had a great time, that's the best part of it.

Now, talking about other sections, chants and everything else... I suggest somebody from Devils Supporters group to try to get in touch with somebody from the other sections and try to explain what you are doing (even if they already know it) - but try to unite with them . It doesn't matter the section, if people start to understand the idea, you won't have only 209 section, but almost the entire arena. Just try to spread over the idea and ask in person to people from other sections to help you and give you ideas. Show them that every fan is important, like "We need you, Devils need you".

You also can try to set up a meeting with one member of some sections to organize the chants... you can try to find a way to communicate between sections during the game to get a chant starting. That way, everybody can get involved.

About the name... I think it's great to have a name, but, I wonder if the name should be used just like an ID between the members, just to organize who makes part of it. But at the game, you're all Devils fans, and that's it. That's your place to stand, chant and have great time. You can call it any name, but you don't need a sign for it. You all know that you make part of it. Everybody will see it, and if you don't have a sign there saying that your section is different, it will be easier to get people involved. You can make signs asking people to join the chants and that will make a difference. I honestly think you don't need to officially label the section if you want to spread the cheering atmosphere. I guess that was the idea, right? Make some noise, have fun and spread the enthusiasm.

You started something that I believe is really important. Keep going and I think The Rock will be a fantastic place to be, winning games or not.

Ps: Sorry if I said something crazy... its just my oppinion. I totally understand that I can be wrong about my ideas and I don't want anybody angry or offended. Just trying to share my point of view.

My chant idea:

We all believe

That we'll achieve

That's why we stand

That's why we chant

We love our team

New Jersey Devils

That's why we scream:

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

(pretty easy to get everybody involved in the "New Jersey Devils" part, over and over and over again)

My chant idea:

We all believe

That we'll achieve

That's why we stand

That's why we chant

We love our team

New Jersey Devils

That's why we scream:

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

New Jersey Devils

(pretty easy to get everybody involved in the "New Jersey Devils" part, over and over and over again)

Solid chant idea. I like it.

Edited by devilsrule33

About the name... I think it's great to have a name, but, I wonder if the name should be used just like an ID between the members, just to organize who makes part of it. But at the game, you're all Devils fans, and that's it. That's your place to stand, chant and have great time. You can call it any name, but you don't need a sign for it. You all know that you make part of it. Everybody will see it, and if you don't have a sign there saying that your section is different, it will be easier to get people involved. You can make signs asking people to join the chants and that will make a difference. I honestly think you don't need to officially label the section if you want to spread the cheering atmosphere. I guess that was the idea, right? Make some noise, have fun and spread the enthusiasm.

I agree with you that we don't exactly need a sign or anything but I think the only thing good it does do is if people in other sections are that interested they are able to find out more about what we are trying to do by just searching on the internet(if they are that curious about it)

My goal is to have the Devils make this a section of their own that they sell tickets for (like the Red Bulls do) and then instead of having to promote this thing all I have to do is show up and chant.