DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

Hell of a job by Satans Hockey putting this together, I can't wait to do it again.

Anyway, here's my feedback for the future...

The constant chanting was great, but I think we could throw in some more easy-to-learn chants to mix it up amidst all the let's go Devils chants, such as that "DE-VILS clap-clap-clap" chant we did a couple times. Things like this are easier to learn than the USA soccer "uh-ooooooo..." chant, which is going to take a little bit of time for people to remember and feel confident in singing I think, but will definitely sound cool once it catches on.

I liked the "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK-ATTACK-ATTACK!!" chant we did during the first or second powerplay, we should do that more often I think.

The I believe chant at the beginning was great. I was thinking maybe we could do that at the start of every period, or do you guys think that would be a little overkill? Just trying to come up with ways to add variety to the chanting.

Satans Hockey, what was the reaction from the guys in 208?

I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I hope this becomes a long-standing tradition and maybe eventually grow enough to the point where we can do this every game without everybody needing season tickets.

Edited by devilsfan26

I have to say that was mixed...you have one dope who sits way down in the lower corner that was getting jealous of all the attention and whining about how 'those aren't the real fans' and 'you guys don't come every game'. Of course Tony Goomba was supportive though and he was even trying to choreograph the kill chants at one point. The sth next to me also liked the college atmosphere crowd.

I still think that believe chant is too drawn out and awkward cause it doesn't really rhyme - other than that though, thumbs up. The section was pretty filled other than the back two rows, and all red. Most of the people in the middle were standing up the whole game and were pretty consistent with the chanting the whole game, even as the Devils didn't give anyone a lot to cheer about.

And I LOVED all the Marty chants...like dr said earlier in the the thread, it was long overdue. Even if he didn't have his best game either :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Hell of a job by Satans Hockey putting this together, I can't wait to do it again.

Anyway, here's my feedback for the future...

The constant chanting was great, but I think we could throw in some more easy-to-learn chants to mix it up amidst all the let's go Devils chants, such as that "DE-VILS clap-clap-clap" chant we did a couple times. Things like this are easier to learn than the USA soccer "uh-ooooooo..." chant, which is going to take a little bit of time for people to remember and feel confident in singing I think, but will definitely sound cool once it catches on.

I liked the "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK-ATTACK-ATTACK!!" chant we did during the first or second powerplay, we should do that more often I think.

The I believe chant at the beginning was great. I was thinking maybe we could do that at the start of every period, or do you guys think that would be a little overkill? Just trying to come up with ways to add variety to the chanting.

I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. I hope this becomes a long-standing tradition and maybe eventually grow enough to the point where we can do this every game without everybody needing season tickets.

I agree about mixing it up a bit with easy chants, it's something we need to work on that usa uohhhhh chant didnt work too well but now that we know that it doesn't work well we don't have to use it anymore.

It's going to be a learning process when it comes to stuff like that, if it works then great if not then we can drop it.

the "attack! attack! attack-attack-attack is an easy one that I think we can keep doing during our powerplays.

I think we could do the I believe chant at the start of the 1st and 2nd and then hopefully we are winning towards the end of the game and then change it to "i believe we have won"

The guys in 208 seemed to be happy about it, no one said anything bad about it to me. I went up to them before the start of the game and introduced myself. Tony liked that we put to follow them on the kill, kill, kill chant on the chant lists that were handed out.

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out, wearing red(there was barely anyone not wearing red), and being loud. If it wasn't for all of your interest in this it wouldn't have gotten this far. It was nice to meet a bunch of you as well, even though I definitely introduced myself to way too many people tonight so I know there's no way I'll remember all the names lol

It's just a shame the game was horrible tonight but on the bright side I think we at least earned ourselves another night at doing this again. I'm very curious to hear what the Devils say.

Edited by Satans Hockey

That was a ton of fun to be a part of.. I think I even got on the big screen a couple of times with my posters.. This can easily grow to a whole section if we have more notice and can plan more.. Definitely would like more easy chants, but like I said, this can be amazing with just a little more notice...

If you missed out, you definitely should make the next one.. And I'm saying this after a loss too

I have to say that was mixed...you have one dope who sits way down in the lower corner that was getting jealous of all the attention and whining about how 'those aren't the real fans' and 'you guys don't come every game'. Of course Tony Goomba was supportive though and he was even trying to choreograph the kill chants at one point. The sth next to me also liked the college atmosphere crowd.

I still think that believe chant is too drawn out and awkward cause it doesn't really rhyme - other than that though, thumbs up. The section was pretty filled other than the back two rows, and all red. Most of the people in the middle were standing up the whole game and were pretty consistent with the chanting the whole game, even as the Devils didn't give anyone a lot to cheer about.

And I LOVED all the Marty chants...like dr said earlier in the the thread, it was long overdue. Even if he didn't have his best game either :P

What a lame-o that guy down low is then. If you're going to the game to pretend you're a celebrity because you have season tickets rather than to help support the team, then you're obviously there for the wrong reason. Goomba seems like a cool enough guy, I heard him say a few times that we need to do the kill chant slower but I don't think he meant it in a condescending way or anything.

I forgot to mention the Marty chants, those were fantastic as well.

I have to admit, even though I introduced it, the I Believe chant was awful, and probably should be dropped for the time being.

keep:

"DEV-ILS clap-clap-clap"

"attack! attack! attack-attack-attack!"

drop:

"I believe" for the time being until we get more organized like 26 said.

i gave up listening to 208 once i started hearing jeers from them. you finally have a group of people who are not only organized, but are loud and doing their damnest to get the team fired up, and you really want to put them down? grow the hell up. and i'm sorry that i can't afford to be a STH, but cut the sh-t cause that doesnt automatically make you "a true fan."

word of mouth from walking around the arena was solid about 209, people were talking about how loud we were and such.

had a blast with all of you out there

here's my write up for the game: My link

Truth be told I do think some people were wondering 'wtf' at 209 and thinking you guys must have been a plant by the team or something :lol: I had to explain to a couple of people that it was an internet supporters group thing.

It seemed to me that 208-209 was pretty much the only noise in the building tonight, but it's hard to tell being in the center of it. I did try to look around whenever you guys got your chants going and very few people clapped along in other sections.

I agree about mixing it up a bit with easy chants, it's something we need to work on that usa uohhhhh chant didnt work too well but now that we know that it doesn't work well we don't have to use it anymore.

It's going to be a learning process when it comes to stuff like that, if it works then great if not then we can drop it.

the "attack! attack! attack-attack-attack is an easy one that I think we can keep doing during our powerplays.

I think we could do the I believe chant at the start of the 1st and 2nd and then hopefully we are winning towards the end of the game and then change it to "i believe we have won"

The guys in 208 seemed to be happy about it, no one said anything bad about it to me. I went up to them before the start of the game and introduced myself. Tony liked that we put to follow them on the kill, kill, kill chant on the chant lists that were handed out.

I'd like to thank everyone for coming out, wearing red(there was barely anyone not wearing red), and being loud. If it wasn't for all of your interest in this it wouldn't have gotten this far.

It's just a shame the game was horrible tonight but on the bright side I think we at least earned ourselves another night at doing this again. I'm very curious to hear what the Devils say.

Good points, and that's good 208 seems mostly with us. I think the Devils would be crazy to not let us do this again. At least the in-game production people liked us, we got on the jumbotron like five or six times I noticed. I had a great time despite the loss, when we do this at a victory it will be awesome.

I DVR'ed the game, can't wait to watch it and hear us.

Good points, and that's good 208 seems mostly with us. I think the Devils would be crazy to not let us do this again. At least the in-game production people liked us, we got on the jumbotron like five or six times I noticed. I had a great time despite the loss, when we do this at a victory it will be awesome.

I DVR'ed the game, can't wait to watch it and hear us.

if you [or anyone] can youtube some of the chants, that'd be freaking sweet

I have to admit, even though I introduced it, the I Believe chant was awful, and probably should be dropped for the time being.

keep:

"DEV-ILS clap-clap-clap"

"attack! attack! attack-attack-attack!"

drop:

"I believe" for the time being until we get more organized like 26 said.

i gave up listening to 208 once i started hearing jeers from them. you finally have a group of people who are not only organized, but are loud and doing their damnest to get the team fired up, and you really want to put them down? grow the hell up. and i'm sorry that i can't afford to be a STH, but cut the sh-t cause that doesnt automatically make you "a true fan."

word of mouth from walking around the arena was solid about 209, people were talking about how loud we were and such.

had a blast with all of you out there

here's my write up for the game: My link

I feel like the I believe chant maybe wasn't as good as it could have been because a lot of people weren't familiar with it. If we could somehow get everyone to watch the video of it like the ones posted on here it would be better. Were you the guy in the vintage Stevens jersey and black hat?

I feel like the I believe chant maybe wasn't as good as it could have been because a lot of people weren't familiar with it. If we could somehow get everyone to watch the video of it like the ones posted on here it would be better. Were you the guy in the vintage Stevens jersey and black hat?

no i was in zajac jersey with my little sister [in the brodeur jersey], row 4

and yeah, maybe if more people are more familiar with it, we could pull it off.

i gotta stop being so hyper-critical lol

we got 6 days, plenty of time to get it done!

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I do that? Do I just take a camera and videotape my TV or is the way to get it from the DVR to my computer?

i have no freaking clue actually, lol, i used my digital camera to record it when i swore up and down that Maclean told the fans to essentially to f-off.

btw if anyone was wondering about the suit sitting at the top of the section during the first period that I went up and talked to he was in charge of in game entertainment. He loved what we were doing.

His suggestion also was that eventually he would like to make this work... After Kevin Clark would announce a goal, Kevin Clark would said goal scored by "Patrickkkkk" and then we would all call out "Eliassssssssssssssss"

btw I fully intend on doing this for another game, I have to talk to the Devils and take it from there. It will most likely be another Friday/Saturday game and I'd like to have a game that we would know about 2 weeks in advance.

Edited by Satans Hockey

btw if anyone was wondering about the suit sitting at the top of the section during the first period that I went up and talked to he was in charge of in game entertainment. He loved what we were doing.

His suggestion also was that eventually he would like to make this work... After Kevin Clark would announce a goal, Kevin Clark would said goal scored by "Patrickkkkk" and then we would all call out "Eliassssssssssssssss"

btw I have fully intend on doing this for another game, I have to talk to the Devils and take it from there. It will most likely be another Friday/Saturday game and I'd like to have a game that we would know about 2 weeks in advance.

that'd be awesome. i'd do it again in a heart beat and hats off to you man, well organized, well managed, just outstanding.

just wish that'd reflect onto other aspects of this team :rolleyes:

Well we got our first review on TG's blog, and I responded...

Him:

.. outside of being aggrivated by those 209 invaders (lets see you folks come to EVERY game and sit there) and the crap on the ice .. my frustration level is through the damn roof

My Response:

I was in 209 holding the poster up during most breaks.. I have season tickets in a different section, so yeah you can see me at pretty much every game..

It’s just that the few people left this season who still want to show their support for the player and team are so damn scarce, they needed to unite in one area to make sure they were still heard amongst the general silence a scattered boo’s that have seemed to grow in number as the one-in-thirteen bad season continues

That one I like. Especially when a guy like Zubrus scores and he holds it that little extra second longer....Zuuuubrus!

I may not be in the section you guys do it if it eventually changes from 209 since I'm contractually obligated to sit in 208 :lol: but I definitely plan on at least being AT the next one of these games - and from what I saw tonight I'm pretty sure this will get another shot (especially with it being another excuse to discount tickets as we keep losing lol).

haha no the guy in the vintage stevens jersey and black hat was me.

holy sh!t did I have a great time tonight.

so much fun. even though the devils lost, I had a great time.

i'll post up videos either tonight or tomorrow.

so much fun, glad everyone was into it and went crazy.

Awesome job, Satans Hockey. I had a blast, and it was fun having fans into the game even though the team gave us almost NOTHING to work with.

As for the season ticket holding haters, I had season tix in 209 last year. I don't have the money this year. Doesn't mean I'm not a real fan.

Again, great job to the people who made this work. I'm in for the next one.