DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

haha no the guy in the vintage stevens jersey and black hat was me.

holy sh!t did I have a great time tonight.

so much fun. even though the devils lost, I had a great time.

i'll post up videos either tonight or tomorrow.

so much fun, glad everyone was into it and went crazy.

you pissed off 208 so badly when you started the lets go devils chant on the PK, i started to laugh when you did it and then turned back and saw them saying "in-a-ppro-priate"

you pissed off 208 so badly when you started the lets go devils chant on the PK, i started to laugh when you did it and then turned back and saw them saying "in-a-ppro-priate"

Haha yea I thought that one didn't make much sense, I still did the chant anyway though.

I can't believe that guy that posted about us on TG's blog. Invaders??? Anyone who isn't a season ticket holder is an invader? And why the hell would he be aggravated with us but perfectly content with the tens of thousands of other people in the arena that just sat on their hands and contributed nothing to the atmosphere? What a tool.

I just got home. I had fun and would do it again. I like the "I Believe" chant, we just need to get more organized. The banner was nice and everyone wearing red and standing up and cheering really made this successful. I've sat in 208...I have mixed feelings about them. I sort of think they liked us, but sort of think they thought they were better than us. I don't know, but regardless who cares. Anyone have any videos?

haha i didn't even notice.

whatever, if they want to be elitists and get all butt hurt about people getting loud let them.

I was there to cheer and get loud. when there was silence i started let's go devils chants to break the silence.

I could care less if they didn't like it. not my fault that us 'invaders' put them to shame in the fan fare department.

I had a great time tonight, despite the loss. Goomba from 208 said he liked us and said he'd straighten out the people who didn't (there weren't many). I saw a lot of people from other sections smiling and looking up at us...I was the guy with the horn, I met a lot of people, so I can't remember everyone. The banner looked great, we handed out lots of chant sheets as well. The believe chant can work.

No more LGD during the PK I think, and we need to slow down the KILL chant (mostly my fault for being too quick with the horn). Regardless, great time everyone. I will be there next time for sure.

haha no the guy in the vintage stevens jersey and black hat was me.

holy sh!t did I have a great time tonight.

so much fun. even though the devils lost, I had a great time.

i'll post up videos either tonight or tomorrow.

so much fun, glad everyone was into it and went crazy.

I was behind you in the Madden jersey, cool.

Thanks to SH, this is the most fun I've had at a bad loss.

Invaders probably isn't the right word but if the current moniker is "NJ Devils Supporters", I can kind of understand why season ticket holders might be upset. By coming to a game, you are supporting the team, especially the ones every night.

Definitely think a catchy name for the group is in order. Something to maybe think about before the next game.

We got great seats tonight in sec 6 row 5, but we could hear your efforts loud and clear. I was a bit skeptical considering that earlier in the week, I think there was a debate about scarves. However, I have to give late 90's props to all to those involved. A+ for sure.

In other news...the team, I believe...still sucks.

Truth be told I do think some people were wondering 'wtf' at 209 and thinking you guys must have been a plant by the team or something :lol: I had to explain to a couple of people that it was an internet supporters group thing.

It seemed to me that 208-209 was pretty much the only noise in the building tonight, but it's hard to tell being in the center of it. I did try to look around whenever you guys got your chants going and very few people clapped along in other sections.

The other corner with 233, 232 and 231 were very loud like they are for every game and is usually most of the noise for every game. There they had the Marty chants going before anyone else as well as the Tedenby chants when he scored. They also had the Marty chant going on Wednesday night for Marty and brought it back to life this season. The Devils chant is also done for every game in the place of Baumann as he knows that corner very well.

I'm a STH in 208... just wanted to share my comments and opinions on the 209 "supporters" group.

From the first time this idea was posted, my thought was - we already have 208 and 233, so you're adding a third, which was a good idea, but putting it right next to 208 defeats the purpose of geting the entire crowd louder. Which leads to...

Location - next time try to set up your group tickets at the other end of the ice - spreading the noise around the building would get a third corner of the building loud!

Also, I agree with the earlier post by Devilsrule33 about the name. I feel that the "supporters" name is a slap in the face to STH that have been supporting the team at all these games paying full price for their tickets (vs tickets at half off). We show up to support the team every game, and we don't wait to see how the team performs before buying tickets and waiting for discounts. Before the issue of not being able to afford season tickets comes up, I'm not saying that every Devils fan has to own season tickets to be considered a fan - I have plenty of friends who are diehard Devils fans that can't afford to buy ST, but watch every game on TV, and attend several a year. I'm sure there's another name that you can come up with for the group if this happens again. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are STHs who have no problem with the name.

In terms of the actual noise/chants - It was great to have another section join 208 in the noisemaking. Timing of chants was very off at times (such as "lets go devils" during the penalty kill?), and some of the chants don't move over from soccer to hockey well (different types of fans/atmospheres). Also, on your chant sheet, it was nice that you noted to follow Tony Goomba's lead on some of 208's traditional chants, but the "kill" chant during the penalty kill didn't sound right - Goomba tried to help correct it, but it didn't work midchant.

In talking with Tony Goomba during intermission, he did enjoy having more people making noise near 208, and he basically said that it was good for the first try, and with some polishing can be better next time.

I agree with Tony that it is a good idea to have a third loud section, but I think that a different location would be a better way to get more fans loud and excited during the game. Just my two cents.

Edited by devilsfan525

I don't mean to be a dick, but I've sat in and around 208 many times. Yeah, it's typically loud I will say that. But, 208 is a small section like all the corners and sections like 108. We had more people dedicated to the cause in 209 and all in a close proximity, I honestly think it was much better than any of the "crazies" sections. Again, not trying to be a dick, but I have a hard time buying into how he thinks things should be run as far as chants go. It's acknowledged that some of them originated from that area, but to complain that we did the Kill chant too fast or whatever is pretty dumb. It's called a "supporter section" but it's not meant to be insulting to other fans. If you're familiar with the Red Bulls, then you know they have a supporter section. It's just the term used for fans to be loud and stand up and cheer the entire time in one section...no big deal. Anyways, I'm sure you'll manage to take offense to this somehow but whatever. One last note, I still honestly believe 208 is nothing like 209. Think about it, 208 starts the Kill and LGD chants a lot, we're not ever going to deny that. But there's really not that many people there (look at tonight for example) and even if the section was full, it's a small section. They don't stand there and chant the entire game like we did. It's completely different. I've stood in the $10 line and I always request 208. It's a great section, but it's not what 209 was tonight and it never intends to be. I don't even agree with some of the stuff 208 does. That I hope you die sh!t isn't cool, and yelling Rolston sucks is another "wtf" moment. It's all good though, 208 and that other corner both defended themselves. Although, I disagree that they even have to since we're not rivaling each other. They are just different things all together. Next game, everything will go back to the "crazies corners" starting the LGD chants once in a while and doing the Kill chant. But, eventually I hope we can get a supporter section going again where everyone stands up and cheers the entire game (which you cannot disagree that no section does this). You can't honestly say that 208 is ever as loud as 209 was, I'm just so confused as to why your offended. You guys ARE the crazies and we all know it, no one is taking that away from you. But a supporter section is just light years away from being the same as the crazies section...just still a little baffled by your post.

Edited by hurricane1091

One more thing on the supporters name. I know hockey isn't soccer but the concept is the same for the most part when it comes to this...the MLS has supporters sections and none of the regular season ticket holders find it a slap in the face so I don't see the majority of our season ticket holders feeling that way either.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Yeah, I can't see why that would offend anyone. I'm not sure where the hell else you want us to go anyways. 102 would be the only viable option in my books but they'd have to give us those seats at like $20 or no one is going to want to do it.

215/226 would be the same price range as 209, so if they were willing to give you the half-off price for 209, 215/226 would be the same thing.

In terms of the location issue, having your group in 209 with 208 right next to it, would be like a chain store opening two locations really close to each other, while other areas lack one.

215/226 would be the same price range as 209, so if they were willing to give you the half-off price for 209, 215/226 would be the same thing.

In terms of the location issue, having your group in 209 with 208 right next to it, would be like a chain store opening two locations really close to each other, while other areas lack one.

The problem is the majority of the people want to be where the Devils attack 2x. When I first started posting about this idea I listed a poll of sections of potential places to go and 209 was picked.

215 is still next to the corner. Look, the middle is packed, so that's a no go. Every other section is already near a $10 corner section, there's nothing we can do about that. 102 is the only thing that usually has empty seats that would work in my opinion. I don't get what the big deal is. 208 really isn't all that loud especially on nights like tonight, and if they honestly have a problem with other fans coming near them to cheer then that is pretty dumb. I mean look over there, half the section looked empty and their noise level was a fraction of ours. The point isn't to rival other sections, it was just to do something different than no other section does. And, hate to break it to you, chains open up right next to each other all the time. No one is going to do what we did tonight, so even if we sat dead center I doubt it changes things a ton. I mean, we literally were basically non-stop and you can't honestly expect the rest of the fans to participate like that. If anything, we'd like everyone in 208 to stand up and cheer the entire game like us. More people = more noise, then maybe other areas would catch on as well.

Edited by hurricane1091