DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

I'll have to chime in on this one. First of all there is no tradition in chanting "You Suck." Right around the time that started, we started losing early in the playoffs. Coincidence? I'm a firm believer that negativity breeds itself. It's a bad omen and like some other posters have noted, very immature. I'm sure no one here is 12 (if you are that's cool too) and I'm sure everyone has been to the CAA for a Devils game but once you gain a little life perspective (doesn't happen to everyone) you'll realize that it is not needed and probably has more negative affects than positive. You guys ever hear the philosophy of pro-peace, not anti-war? Think about that for a second. If you can see how that relates than I'm proud of you. Now why would we, during the greatest, most exhilarating moment in hockey - a goal scored at home, focus on the other team sucking? Putting precedence on the other team during OUR moment. Think about that. De-crediting our own players in their efforts and successes to score by basically saying, "Yay, we scored because You Suck." You think it pumps the players up to hear that? Do they think it's funny? Isn't that why we cheer at sporting events, to create an atmosphere for the players?

I'm not telling anyone to not do what they want to do. Chant it if it's so great to you. But if you don't realize how bad we're embarrassing ourselves in there with that, you should think about that. Sadly, it's way worse now that we are the jokes of the league. Even when we were good and respectable, our fan base took a lot of crap for various things and have over the years of this franchise: Mickey Mouse organization, Swamps, parking lot parades, bad attendance, traps ruining hockey, 1/2 of a Stanley Cup because of a lockout, red-headed stepchild of the NY metro area ,etc. We always remained classy as fans and the team never let us down. We always had our banners, our Cups to point to and smile to shush all the jerks who were actually just jealous of or success. Now we're the ones disrespecting, and look where it's gotten us.

I have to work tmrw till 6, otherwise I'd be there with you guys standing and screaming until I lost my voice. Cheer the team on, stay positive and get crazy. Good luck and I'm sure i'll join up next time this happens.

I'll also add that if we claim the other team's goalie sucks, then our players didn't do all that much to deserve the goal.

There is a new thread just for all things pertaining to "Suck!" chants. Please shift discussions about such topics to that thread so this one can remain awesome and not degrade to the type of bickering that "Suck!" chant discussions always tend to degrade to.

Thank you. And good luck to everyone who will be in the Supporters Section tonight! I'll be listening for ya!

Should we print the chants or will they be provided?

I'm also a little worried they won't let me (and other people who don't have a 209 ticket) into the section as sometimes they are strict about it, but hopefully I can figure a way to sneak in.. SH, you should talk to the ticket checker when you arrive early and tell him/her what's going on and that people from other section might be coming to 209.. Hopefully they are nice and don't mind

I'm also a little worried they won't let me (and other people who don't have a 209 ticket) into the section as sometimes they are strict about it, but hopefully I can figure a way to sneak in.. SH, you should talk to the ticket checker when you arrive early and tell him/her what's going on and that people from other section might be coming to 209.. Hopefully they are nice and don't mind

You can print it if you want but 2 of us are going to be printing a bunch of copies up. That's a good idea, I figure I'll have to talk to the usher anyway once I start hanging the banner lol so I'll mention what we are doing. I don't think they will care about people moving over there though, it's not like people are trying to sneak in downstairs.

That's a good idea, I figure I'll have to talk to the usher anyway once I start hanging the banner lol so I'll mention what we are doing. I don't think they will care about people moving over there though, it's not like people are trying to sneak in downstairs.

This is a good point. Given the discount, just about anybody who wanders into the section will actually be going to seats that cost less than whatever their actual seats were.

This is a good point. Given the discount, just about anybody who wanders into the section will actually be going to seats that cost less than whatever their actual seats were.

I've found that generally if you have a more expensive ticket, the usher will let you into a less expensive section, so long as it doesn't look full, and you say you want to meet up with a friend or something like that.

Just got my ticket and 3 more for friends. Let's Do This!

Awesome! I think we have easily over 30 tickets sold now. Not bad considering they have only been on sale since Tuesday. I'm nervous/excited/pumped up for tonight. I'm almost done this banner too, just got to color in the final letter lol (I HATE ARTS AND CRAFTS lol)

You can print it if you want but 2 of us are going to be printing a bunch of copies up. That's a good idea, I figure I'll have to talk to the usher anyway once I start hanging the banner lol so I'll mention what we are doing. I don't think they will care about people moving over there though, it's not like people are trying to sneak in downstairs.

Well when you do talk to the usher make sure to mention your conversations with whoever you talked with in the front office and marketing cause really they ARE anal about checking tickets up there. Usually they lay off when the game starts though, but pregame they tend to be all over you to show it.

Well when you do talk to the usher make sure to mention your conversations with whoever you talked with in the front office and marketing cause really they ARE anal about checking tickets up there. Usually they lay off when the game starts though, but pregame they tend to be all over you to show it.

Good call, I'll even bring the emails with me so I have some proof, I'll try to be as nice as possible to the ushers to convince em. Hopefully the usher there will be understanding tonight.

Too bad our very own usher on njdevs couldn't get put in 209 tonight, we would have no issues at all lol

We definitely have over 30 tickets sold through the link, and with people that already had tickets and are coming over, I am confident we have 50+ people. Let's make one final push to get some more people for tonight. Everyone is invited to come over to 209.

If you guys are concerned about getting your tickets checked, go in with someone that has a 209 ticket and say you are together, they will usually just check your seat. I'll be there early with Satan to help clear things up...have no worries, you'll be fine.

go to that section during the pre game skate and just stay there. ushers dont check the ticket during the pregame skate. I've gone down to the 100 levels countless times when using this method