Zach Parise Update...

Hellacious D

I'm glad that Parise is having a nice tournament, but if he's in the Devils line up in the next 2 years (and that's years the league is in action), I'd be surprised. Very rarely to young players who don't have minor league experience make the Devils varsity.

And when it does happen, as in Gomez's case, there are exceptional reasons (Morrison's holdout and injuries) why.

Hopefully, Parise blows the competition away to such a degree that he forces his way onto the club. But again, I'd be surprised.

Im content leaving Parise to develop as he is...

If he stays consistant throughout the rest of the tournament, Id doubt he'd be the 17th pick if the draft was redone...

PP aren't free points; he capitalized on a shortie today as well...

Jessiman should have made the team along with Schremp, USAHOCKEY makes some odd choices but who am I to question them this time. Philly's prospects are doing great as well, I already commented on Carter who is big and has really good speed. Philly will be scarey in the future, they have money and great scouts now......still no goaltender :)

I wish I could get a tape of him and that Ranger prospect.

Who? Huge Specimen? (Hugh Jessiman)?

Actually, it's Nigel Dawes on Canada. He fell all the way to the fifth round and into the Rangers' laps. He's a smallish (5-7, 5-8) speedy center, who has a great shot. He's third in WJC scoring with six points. Scored a goal in Canada's win yesterday.

I have read a lot of good things about him. It sounds like there is no way he should have lasted as long as he did. The only reason must have been the size. This guy could be a good one.

As for Jessiman, I heard he tried out for Team USA but didn't make it.

P.S. That Jeff Carter the Flyers drafted is good.

I also saw the highlights on TSN last night and Marc-Andre Fleury gave up some bad goals.

The bad thing is most of his points are comming on the powerplay. I am not to fond of PP points, doesn't show true skills.

Do you dislike Parise? Yes, he's had quite a few pp points, but the USA has been getting a lot of pp opportunities. Parise also had the game winner against Russia as well as a shorthanded goal. He is dominating the tournament. Here are some snippets from hfboards during the game:

From this board:

- "Oh Baby! Parise gets a 1-1 SH, gets taken out, steals it back, gets slashed and his stick splits in two. Draws a penalty. What a kid. He's amazing."

- "Zach Parise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Kid Is Amazing!!!!!!! 4-0 Goal. Sh Goal!"

- "Parise should be a lock for the all star team if he continues to play like this."

- "Parise is unbelievable, I might need to get a Blue USA Parise jersey"

- "I was actually thinking of doing the same thing [getting a Parise jersey] the other day. However, I quickly nixed that idea as I don't think my fellow Ranger fans would appreciate it."

- "I'm a Ranger fan too, I don't care man, Parise is awesome. It's either a Leetch USA or a Parise USA, and right now, Parise would be exciting"

- "Parise sounds like the best player in this tourny. What a steal for the Devils."

- "How many points does Parise now have in the tourney? 11? AWESOME!!!bow.gif" (A poster named Rabid Ranger!)

- "I've been saying for a couple of years now that Fleury and Parise would come back to haunt any GM's and scouts who were foolish enough to pass on them for many, many years and that jobs would be lost because of taking this young man Parise lightly at the draft.

Well we know what happened to Fleury but I think that it's just starting to start for those who passed on Zack..."

The bad thing is most of his points are comming on the powerplay. I am not to fond of PP points, doesn't show true skills.

Do you dislike Parise? Yes, he's had quite a few pp points, but the USA has been getting a lot of pp opportunities. Parise also had the game winner against Russia as well as a shorthanded goal. He is dominating the tournament. Here are some snippets from hfboards during the game:

From this board:

- "Oh Baby! Parise gets a 1-1 SH, gets taken out, steals it back, gets slashed and his stick splits in two. Draws a penalty. What a kid. He's amazing."

- "Zach Parise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This Kid Is Amazing!!!!!!! 4-0 Goal. Sh Goal!"

- "Parise should be a lock for the all star team if he continues to play like this."

- "Parise is unbelievable, I might need to get a Blue USA Parise jersey"

- "I was actually thinking of doing the same thing [getting a Parise jersey] the other day. However, I quickly nixed that idea as I don't think my fellow Ranger fans would appreciate it."

- "I'm a Ranger fan too, I don't care man, Parise is awesome. It's either a Leetch USA or a Parise USA, and right now, Parise would be exciting"

- "Parise sounds like the best player in this tourny. What a steal for the Devils."

- "How many points does Parise now have in the tourney? 11? AWESOME!!!bow.gif" (A poster named Rabid Ranger!)

- "I've been saying for a couple of years now that Fleury and Parise would come back to haunt any GM's and scouts who were foolish enough to pass on them for many, many years and that jobs would be lost because of taking this young man Parise lightly at the draft.

Well we know what happened to Fleury but I think that it's just starting to start for those who passed on Zack..."

I don't hate the guy just it isn't good to be getting most of your points SH, it proves that you are good 5 vs 4.

I don't hate the guy just it isn't good to be getting most of your points SH, it proves that you are good 5 vs 4...

Plus if you think I don't read HF then just becasue I am banned you are wrong. I ave been on that site so much during WJC it isn't funny. Most of those poeple are just getting updates like you and I. USA games arn't on TV in NA.

I don't think it's really that big a deal. Think of it this way, in the USA/Russia game, there were 13 Russian minors and 12 US minors, that's a ton of special teams situations, and that means that Parise simply had a lot more 5 v 4 ice time than even strength. And if Parise is on the ice a lot for special teams, his coach is probably not going to play him as much 5 on 5.

The post snippets were more for the other people reading this thread, as I'm sure you've been at hf, and read all the U.S. threads. BTW, what did you get banned for? It wasn't that anti Vancouver avatar was it? There were people running around with sarcastic Madden avatars for months that didn't get anything. Sometimes I can't stand those mods.

Everyuthing I have read about this kid says he's going to be a star...but will he ever reach STARDOM in a NJ Uni??? Few Offensive players have become true stars here the exception being Elais...and that onluy lasted 2 years and then he was brought back to Earth....

When does Lou have to sign this kid by??? And IS there going to be a problem w/ that like McCauley???

Parise leads WJC scoring

Hockey'sFuture.com

Written by Simon Richard on 01/01/2004

Zach Parise is firing on all cylinders at the 2004 WJC. After the first four games, he leads in scoring with 6 goals and 5 assists for 11 points.

"Zach has been our leader so far," said USA coach Mike Eaves in a visit to the Helsinki Arena January 1st. "He plays on every situation, five-on-five, power plays, penalty killing. The way he leads the group probably explains why we are 4-0 at this point," added Eaves.

The coach of the American team is not unfamiliar with the Finnish setting. In the 1990?s, he coached Helsinki HIFK, a team of the SM LIGA whose home ice is the same where the WJC is played in Helsinki. Eaves is very enthusiastic when he is asked to talk about Parise.

"His legs are moving, he knows how to score goals and he understands the sense of the game. When you put all those three things together, you have a pretty nice whole package," commented Eaves.

When asked to make a comparison, New Jersey Devil Scott Gomez is the name that immediately came to Eaves mind. "Both are about the same size, have a lot of skills, are fast hockey players and have the same tools."

Eaves knows Zach?s father Jean-Paul pretty well because he was one of the assistant coaches when he played for the Minnesota North Stars. Jean-Paul was a checker and a plugger, which he recognized himself, according to Eaves. "Zach is definitively not that," said Eaves. "He has a lot more," specifying that it was no offense to Jean-Paul.

About Zach?s future in NHL, Eaves said that there are players about Zach?s size who have success in the NHL. "Going in the right organization and given a right chance he will have the opportunity to demonstrate he can and does deserve to play in NHL," concluded Eaves.

Can't wait to see this guy in a Devils Shirt! B)

Yea, thats it. First time was for calling someone a homer then the second one was for the avatar, both were BS bans.

Yeah -- I'd be out on my ass there in an instant. A shame I require profanity to communicate :saddevil: But I hate zero tolerance! it makes me get all contrary! All i thought while readin gthe rules was "Well f*ck you then! <_< "

Yea, thats it. First time was for calling someone a homer then the second one was for the avatar, both were BS bans.

Yeah -- I'd be out on my ass there in an instant. A shame I require profanity to communicate :saddevil: But I hate zero tolerance! it makes me get all contrary! All i thought while readin gthe rules was "Well f*ck you then! <_< "

There is a mod on the devils board that doesn't really like me, I kind of told him off in PM. I actually supported him to be the mod, I was on the site for a long time and knew a couple of the poeple in charge. It went all down hill from there :)