I-Phone on Verizon

Daniel

Personally, I would hold off. I have verizon and love the company. The first time any electronic comes out for any new company (in this case Vzw) there are always kinks that need to be worked out. I would wait a little bit, read some reviews and then decide.

Its not a few bucks that god forbid you would be out of. Just my .02

I've been waiting a while for this. Anyone have any advice as to whether I should hold off? (Just note that I won't be using AT&T for reasons that don't need to be discussed).

Advice to be is to hold out. Apple always refreshes the iphone line in June, so this will only be the latest and greatest iphone for about 4 months.

Also, please consider that there is a tradeoff in one area. You cannot use data while on the phone with Verizon on their CDMA network, while on AT&T's GSM network you can. The thing is, the Verizon iphone will be able to function as a wireless hotspot for up to 5 devices and is a feature that ATT doesnt have. But just to warn you, that feature might carry an extra charge and will not know more until more details arrive in the coming weeks up until launch. Other than that the ATT and Verizon iphone (along with slightly redesigned antenna) are pretty much the same.

Also, I would look into the Droid phones as well before completely deciding. I have a Droid Incredible and love it. I feel it has more and better features that the newest iphone that came out in June, while my phone came out in April.

Either way, it is totally up to you but if you are really into getting an iphone on Verizon, I would still hold out as in June a new one will be out.

I think I'm due to for a new Verizon phone in a couple of months and I'm going to steer clear of the iPhone. My inclination is too shoot for the Incredible as everyone I know loves it! You all are quite right on avoiding the first release as it's sure to have it's share of bugs and issues. Plus, I like the fact you can manage processes and the flexability of the Incredible.

no.... go.. NOW... buy Verizon... get the I-smug douches off my AT&T network NOW!!!!!!! :boogie::clap:

My iPhone is giving you the finger. :P

I'm sticking with AT&T. I still have a 3GS, I see no need to get a new phone yet, and the AT&T network will improve by default once all the idiots bail thinking it'll be better with Verizon. Yeah, have fun with that, you'll take Verizon's network down with you, and THEN who's gonna be the smart guys? :P

(Though I've rarely had issues with my iPhone. I'd say any problems were about as frequent as they would have been with any other phone.)

Advice to be is to hold out. Apple always refreshes the iphone line in June, so this will only be the latest and greatest iphone for about 4 months.

Also, please consider that there is a tradeoff in one area. You cannot use data while on the phone with Verizon on their CDMA network, while on AT&T's GSM network you can. The thing is, the Verizon iphone will be able to function as a wireless hotspot for up to 5 devices and is a feature that ATT doesnt have. But just to warn you, that feature might carry an extra charge and will not know more until more details arrive in the coming weeks up until launch. Other than that the ATT and Verizon iphone (along with slightly redesigned antenna) are pretty much the same.

Also, I would look into the Droid phones as well before completely deciding. I have a Droid Incredible and love it. I feel it has more and better features that the newest iphone that came out in June, while my phone came out in April.

Either way, it is totally up to you but if you are really into getting an iphone on Verizon, I would still hold out as in June a new one will be out.

yup to all that.. plus the white phone may come out

I don't know. I can't see them coming out with a new Verizon iPhone in 6 months. More likely they will release an LTE iPhone for Verizon next January.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being first gen since the hardware is the same as the AT&T iPhone but with a Verizon compatible radio.

If you are already on Verizon and need a new phone - or are looking to jump - and don't like Android for whatever reason (though I would go with the Droid X instead of the Incredible) it would be a great choice.

My iPhone is giving you the finger. :P

I'm sticking with AT&T. I still have a 3GS, I see no need to get a new phone yet, and the AT&T network will improve by default once all the idiots bail thinking it'll be better with Verizon. Yeah, have fun with that, you'll take Verizon's network down with you, and THEN who's gonna be the smart guys? :P

(Though I've rarely had issues with my iPhone. I'd say any problems were about as frequent as they would have been with any other phone.)

I've been giving I-tech both barrels of the finger since they got lucky with their idiot proprietary mp3 player almost a decade ago :P

Get them all the frack off MY network!!!!

I hate having to have a cell phone but I switched to virgin mobile in September, best decision I ever made. I spend 25 bucks a month for unlimited data and texting and 300 mins. I refuse to ever get locked into a contract again with a high monthly bill but I'm sure I'm in the minority when it comes to caring what extra bells and whistles a phone or service has.

Edited by Satans Hockey

I'm sorry, but IPhone users are not going to be taking down Verizon's network. LOL. Verizon is getting slammed by Android devices and has had no issues, not to mention that services like OnStar have been relying exclusively on Verizon for years (gee, why not ATT?). Oh, and don't forget LTE is coming. Verizon has their sh!t straight.

Anyways, get an Android device, much better anyways.

Still have no desire to replace my BB for personal reasons, but I've seen enough i-devices to see how cool they are. Wouldn't mind an iPod Touch, or iPad, which are the exact same devices without phones attached. Or contracts. Or dealing with AT&T's horrid customer service (disclaimer: anger focused on small business division).

I need to replace my horrible LG EnV phone on Verizon, and I'm seriously considering the iPhone. I'd rather have the Samsung Epic 4G as that seems to be the best of the lot, but I have 5 phones on my plan and a corporate discount for Verizon. My friends with iPhones LOVE them, even though the Verizon one is only 3G. I hear good things about the Incredible, and about the Samsung Fascinate as well. At this point though I'm open to anything that will allow me to have 3 different mailboxes fully available and FULLY separate from each other. If it will easily run the Good Tech. "Good For Enterprise" it will do.

Really like the look of the Epic 4G though, wish I could get that on Verizon LTE

I wouldn't touch any Samsung phone. They are notoriously slow to release updates and anecdotally take longer for the community to root.

If you want Android, HTC is the most friendly followed by Motorola.

If I were in your shoes I would stick it out for a few months until Verizon's 4G phones and plans are announced.

I probably will, but it's tough. I got my LG EnV1100 in Sept. of '09, and it broke in 3 months, just started shutting itself off. I'm currently on my 7th one, because they ALL shut themselves off at least a dozen times a day after about 3 months. The only upside is that Verizon has always replaced my dead phone on the spot without a fight or even an argument. And I don't even have a data plan at the moment, but I'm going to get one with the new phone - I deserve it :) As long as it is either Apple or Droid based I'm good.

• 2 weeks later...

I probably will, but it's tough. I got my LG EnV1100 in Sept. of '09, and it broke in 3 months, just started shutting itself off. I'm currently on my 7th one, because they ALL shut themselves off at least a dozen times a day after about 3 months. The only upside is that Verizon has always replaced my dead phone on the spot without a fight or even an argument. And I don't even have a data plan at the moment, but I'm going to get one with the new phone - I deserve it :) As long as it is either Apple or Droid based I'm good.

i have the EnVTouch, sucks a big one, shuts itself off all the time as well

i'm waiting for the HTC Thunderbolt which is slated to release this month and will be 4G and make the Fascinate look standard.