Confirmed: JAGR TO RANGERS

Weekes Head

Sure, they'll score tons of goals. Good for them.

They'll give up twice as many, though.

Hey, they got Jamie Pushor! :rofl:

Honestly it doesn't look like this deal can backfire (on-ice) but these deals NEVER look like they can backfire. Bure for Igor Ulanov and other garbage? Kovalev for Fata and garbage? But these deals ALWAYS backfire SOMEHOW.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding another ego that will collide with about 23 more. Good!

I'm happy this went through so there's no more speculation, it's DONE.

Jagr will care for about a week, realize he's in the same position in Washington (on a team going nowhere), and will start playing 2 real shifts a game.

The Bure deal *didn't* backfire except when he got hurt. He was scoring a goal a game almost when he got to Brodway, the Rangers were just too far behind by the time they got him.

Look at it this way, the Rangers turned Radek Dvorak and Cory Cross into Jaromir Jagr in a year's time. That's a good deal no matter how you look at it, except financially.

I don't think this makes the Rangers unstoppable, but I haven't seen any legitimate reasons why Jagr instead of Carter makes them worse. What did Carter add that Jagr doesn't? Was Carter really a great backchecker?

The Bure deal *didn't* backfire except when he got hurt. He was scoring a goal a game almost when he got to Brodway, the Rangers were just too far behind by the time they got him.

Look at it this way, the Rangers turned Radek Dvorak and Cory Cross into Jaromir Jagr in a year's time. That's a good deal no matter how you look at it, except financially.

I don't think this makes the Rangers unstoppable, but I haven't seen any legitimate reasons why Jagr instead of Carter makes them worse. What did Carter add that Jagr doesn't? Was Carter really a great backchecker?

Well Bure's injury problems had already been an issue throughout his career; that was the risk of taking a guy with a $10 million contract; that's why Florida asked for very little for him.

And Jagr will turn it on as long as Sather caters to him but the minute Sather tries to crack the whip on defense Jagr will 'get bored' (a la Igor). They can't even try to play any sort of defensive system anymore or they'll lose Jagr.

Since I have a "no Rangers" policy, I now have to trade Jags off my fantasy team.

Plus, he wasn't having a stellar year before, but now he should get Rangeritis and go straight down the tubes.

Well, this should all be very interesting.

Some more info on the deal:

TSN has also learned the Capitals are picking up approximately $20 million of the remaining $44 million on the contract after this season. Sources have told TSN Jagr has agreed to defer $1 million a year for the balance of the contract. That money is deferred with interest and guaranteed.

Before the restructuring of his contract, Jagr was scheduled to earn $11 million a year in each of the next four seasons beyond this one. There is a club option for a fifth year, also at $11 million, but there ways the fifth year could become guaranteed to Jagr in the event of the following:

-If he scores 40 goals or 90 points and his team wins the first round of the playoffs in the final year of the contract.

-if he scores 80 goals or 180 points in the final two years of the contract and his team wins two rounds of the playoffs.

-if he wins a major award in the final three seasons of the deal or his team wins two Stanley Cups in that time.

The deal between the Caps and Rangers was effectively agreed to yesterday, sources said, but the re-structuring of the contract had to be negotiated this morning between the Rangers and Jagr's agent.

Now Jagr will make $10 million a year for the balance of the contract with $1 million per year deferred with interest. Of that $10 million per year, the Caps are picking up about half for the four year period.

When the Capitals and the Rangers broached the subject in late November, Washington was believed to be willing to assume about $20 million of Jagr's contract.

this deal makes no sense rangers fans should be escstatic if they are getting jagr and 20 million for anson carter. They are getting Jaromir Jagr at a salary of 6 million dollars per year FOR ANSON CARTER.

just because it's a trade for jagr everyone is laughing about how the rangers made a foolish mistake....Jagr for 24 million over 4 years... THATS RIDICULOUS. and all they lost was ANSON CARTER

exactly how do the rangers plan on delaing with jagr's ego and lack of motivation...the locker room is going to be a mess...this deal is either going to make or break the rangers...and his first game is on metro, i wonder if thatll change...i hate that channel!!!!

Man, Washington could have tried to get a younger player out of the Rangers. But I guess unloading that crazy contract was the prime objective.

It's going to be sick seeing a 30 million dollar line on the ice from the Rangers. That is more then entire teams in this league.

My reaction to this deal is who cares. Jagr doesn't play D or make big saves. I am not wishing him bad luck. But how does this help the Rangers?

Derek you will see, this is a team Jagr wants to play for, he is happy, when Jagr is happy other NHL teams arn't happy. He may finish the season with 50 or 60 more points, it is possible with him.

espn, is it necessary to always show someone scoring against marty? :angry:

and its official, the deal went through...even barry is againt it

but look on the bright side, yeah the bright side!