Langs effort

ilzz89

I was just looking at some stats for Langenbrunner which most of are similar between devils and stars except for these 2

NJ GP 31 Hits 33 Blocked Shots 12

DAL GP 22 Hits 42 Blocked Shots 8

Seems like Jamie is trying alot harder in Dallas

So he has nine more hits and four fewer blocked shots? You're right, this proves definitively that he is trying "alot" harder in Dallas. Thank you for this brilliant analysis.

not to mention that counting of blocked shots and hits is different in every arena (iirc, dallas overcounts blocked shots and hits and NJ undercounts both)

I don't follow the Stars so I don't know where he's playing, but if he's on more of a checking line than he was here, that could explain it. At a quick glance it does look like his ice time is down a little, so maybe there's something to that. Or it could just be consistently inconsistent statkeepers. Either way, this isn't very earth-shattering.

I really think people need to shut up about jaime. I was always happy to have him here. I'm sure he always tried and yeah he got a little frustrated last year but he has always been one of my favorite people in the nhl and I'm glad to have met him while he was in nj. Please stop bashing the player who's jersey I am still proud to wear and say "yeah he played for us.

Lags' best effort was waiving his NTC and getting the hell outta here! lol

Amen, although leading us to playoff embarrassments over our two biggest rivals, and choking agst the Canes, three years in a row must have taken alot of effort, too.

Edited by devlman

.... and I was getting worried that we had gone so long without taking shots at Jamie Langenbrunner.

Thank god someone put this up.

Yeah, really. If it wasn't for complaining about people complaining about Langenbrunner, you'd have no reason to post anymore.

Yeah, really. If it wasn't for complaining about people complaining about Langenbrunner, you'd have no reason to post anymore.

Maybe if I didn't feel as if the "Most Underrated Poster" Winner was going to jump on my nuts every time I posted I would contribute more.

Seriously, DIG - we're winning, we're making a triumphant comeback miracle against all odds -everyone should be happy....

..... do we have to keep sh!tting on this guy?

Can't we just be happy? Shouldn't we want Dallas to do limited well just so that draft pick turns into something even better?

I just don't understand the need to piss on something or someone while we have so much to be happy about.

I'll admit - I've been real busy at work - so I haven't been posting - but this constant campaign to ridicule, berate, and completely banish a guy who wore our colors proudly to a cup - when he's long gone. I find it nauseating and believe it makes us look more and more like those fickle fanbases like Toronto or Montreal. It seems beneath us.

Edited by DevilinLA

who knows, I have no ill will towards Jamie, I only want my team to end up with the better half of the trade. I am happy to see the rookies take advantage of the extra ice time and start to perform.

Neither will I. I've always liked the way he played, and always will. One month and half stretch won't change 6 other years he had with us.

Maybe if I didn't feel as if the "Most Underrated Poster" Winner was going to jump on my nuts every time I posted I would contribute more.

Seriously, DIG - we're winning, we're making a triumphant comeback miracle against all odds -everyone should be happy....

Can't we just be happy? Shouldn't we want Dallas to do limited well just so that draft pick turns into something even better?

I just don't understand the need to piss on something or someone while we have so much to be happy about.

I'll admit - I've been real busy at work - so I haven't been posting - but this constant campaign to ridicule, berate, and completely banish a guy who wore our colors proudly to a cup - when he's long gone. I find it nauseating and believe it makes us look more and more like those fickle fanbases like Toronto or Montreal. It seems beneath us.

You realize you're just proving his point right now, right?

He's not "long gone" either. After this season I would say it is nonsensical to bash on him, but for the remainder of this season I think it is perfectly acceptable. He was part of the downfall of the team (along with Mac), and partly responsible IMO if we miss the playoffs.

It's been over a week since you've made a post that wasn't about Langenbrunner, and you're gonna lecture us on how there are better things to talk about? I hope you realize that you've gone from Trivia Master and organizer of a fan letter to team management (in short: bitchin') to the Langs version of the Leave Britney Alone guy (in short: bitching).

You're absolutely right. We're winning. There are better things to talk about. So let's talk about 'em. The whole forum is open for business, not just threads hung up on our most recent captain. I wholeheartedly look forward to your contributions.

It's been over a week since you've made a post that wasn't about Langenbrunner, and you're gonna lecture us on how there are better things to talk about? I hope you realize that you've gone from Trivia Master and organizer of a fan letter to team management (in short: bitchin') to the Langs version of the Leave Britney Alone guy (in short: bitching).

You're absolutely right. We're winning. There are better things to talk about. So let's talk about 'em. The whole forum is open for business, not just threads hung up on our most recent captain. I wholeheartedly look forward to your contributions.

You got a lot of balls dude.

Who the hell are you to evaluate what I post and when.

What I post, when, and on what topics is my business.

Its called "life" - with a new job, and mortgage, to name but a few - I simply don't have the time to comment on every post here or do much of what I used to.

I still see every game and read the board daily. When I read something that absolutely hits a button with me I feel compelled to respond. Which is why I've been vocal about JL.

I simply am appalled at the way some here have zero respect for a guy that contributed to the franchise - his time was up - sure - but kicking him every minute with a new thread a week seems petty and disrespectful to me. Its purely my opinion but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is well documented that you feel otherwise - which seems to explain why you have me on your radar for every time I post something about him (which is always only in response to when someone opens yet another pointless bashing thread). You reference "bitching" - I ask you - wasn't that the OP reason for posting the thread in the first place. To ignite another Langs-flame-fest. I simply voiced that many in our fanbase seem not to be content purely with success - we simply must have our scapegoat.

I don't like the trend. Jaime's time was up - he's gone. He left gracefully without taking a big paycheck to a rival. He was instrumental in bringing the 2003 cup. Was he the problem over the last 3 years? Who knows? I just don't get the hypocrisy of ridiculing and blacklisting players who have openly left the franchise (especially for $$$ aka Gomez, Martin, Holik, Madden, etc.) while a guy who loved it here and wanted to stay is treated with the same disdain. There is no argument that he should NOT have been kept - but can you blame the guy for loving Lou and the Devils? Is that really something that is horrible? ... and in the end her left for a decent pick. I just don't get it.

Regardless.... I'm spent.