Doc to announce Penguins games?

MadDog2020

If Doc does leave I wouldn't mind seeing John Hennesey(sp?) come back to do the games. Him and Velischeck were very good on the radio I thought.

I liked Randy too. Not sure what the blow out was with Lou, but he was really good.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to hear Doc's call of the Game 7 in Ottawa again, the only time I've ever heard of it was during the FSN pregame show of the season opener in 2004, I remembered being stunned that Doc did call the game somewhere when they played the clip.

I always thought they just had Doc recreate the call for the video board stuff given both the ESPN and CBC calls were messed up.

If this happens I think I won't be able to watch a whole season of Cangialosi.Not really dissing or trying to make him look bad but falling from the BEST to Cangialosi is really a hard blow to any Devils fan IMO

If he leaves I think I'll be commentating them while watching. (I'll try not swearing when Rolston will hit the glass.)

Edited by SS-SS

I think the Devils have been doing a lot of coddling to get him not to do such a thing. The awards, the public announcements...they recognize he's slipping because of the huge national coverage he's been doing the past few seasons. I think it's really important that the Devils have him as an announcer...who's our backup, Cangiolosi?

I will never, EVER understand all the love for Gary Thorne. The only thing he's got going for him is that he has a classic set of pipes. Apart from that, he makes Cangelosi look like a genius.

Maybe it's because I heard him so much on old highlights and so his voice brings me good memories, I don't know. It just feels classic, I like it.

Maybe it's because I heard him so much on old highlights and so his voice brings me good memories, I don't know. It just feels classic, I like it.

I have never really liked Gary Thorne since 2001. He was in complete love with Colorado, especially Roy, Sakic, and Bourque. He was literally cheerleading for them in that STF series.

I have never really liked Gary Thorne since 2001. He was in complete love with Colorado, especially Roy, Sakic, and Bourque. He was literally cheerleading for them in that STF series.

Most of the hockey world outside of New Jersey was cheering for the Avs that series.

Doc is the best in the business. End of discussion. I wish I had his pipes. Thorne is good when he's not a shill for the network like in 2001 and 2003. Cangi is good and getting better. Some obviously hate his "SCARRR" call. Personally, when he calls a game, I wanna hear it about 5 times!

I don't know if Hennessy would come back. He was injured in the River Rats bus accident a couple years ago and that kinda spooked him against traveling. He took a job calling games for a college in Massachusetts.

Hennessy has been calling UMass hockey on radio and internet video feed the last 2 seasons. Since UMass is in Hockey East the broadcasters can drive themselves to all of the conference road games. That Albany bus accident in the Berkshires was horrific so I'm no suprised that it would have shook him up.

You know - I actually have fond members of taking that trek in the snow myself. Stark terror as I entered the Berkshires - then thinking: well - if I die ... it sure is pretty!

My husband was beyond exhausted and I had made us take the day trip to my Aunt's in Nashua. Love my aunt but she's none too bright about asking guests to stay over. If we'd died she's have told my mom "Well they wanted to beat the blizzard - so we let them leave. We thought it was kind of coming down hard all ready but they never asked to stay :noclue: " :doh1:

We lived - but I just don't feel like I can drive in snow. My husband on the other hand loves it -- Donut king <_< I HATE that - I hate it. "hey I just wanna make sure the car can handle the snow" GRRRrrr :rant: dont get me started. He HAS grown out of that now -- but I hated back in our youthful 30s.

The thing I like most about Doc is his underhanded comments.. Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but he is soooooo good at sneaking in little jabs at other teams.. I wish I could recall a particular time when he did this, but they are so quick and good that it's sometimes hard to catch.. I do know he is especially good at doing this to the Flyers and Rangers though.. Always seems to have his A game for those

its absolutly hilarious..heres one example during a ranger game....."moving up ice he rags it through traffic..."

I just wanna say if doc ever did go to the pens they would be my second favorite team

Edited by JerryTown

Doc's loyalty to the organization is on display every time he raises his ring finger. I am not worried.

I agree DM. Don't see Doc going anywhere. It is just rumors of Pittsburgh. Doc will get a new contract. he is the best and glad he is doing the Devils games.