Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caron14

[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

653 posts in this topic

poor dude.  Sucks to be him, no matter how you slice it.  He's probably going to hate us if he doesn't sign here - as well as any other team with failed negotiations.  Unless he has no pride -- that's cool then.  Of course I hope he's not here then.

I'd be stoked if we got Brunner but considering all the hype 2 months ago, i'm not expecting anything

There really was no hype, just a few no names on twitter making stuff up.

There really was no hype, just a few no names on twitter making stuff up.

The first rumor was from the reported for the team he used to play on in Europe so that was most likely accurate. The Nick Barlotta crap was a no name making stuff up.

Just..let it die..don't know where he'd fit on this team.  And if there's any sort of bidding war going on, I hope Lou doesn't get involved.

Didn't lou already say thay he was done adding to the line up? I dont know why this is still going on

Didn't lou already say thay he was done adding to the line up? I dont know why this is still going on

C'mon, we all know Lou better than that. If nothing else, he's kicking the tires to see where the price is now.

If he has given up on his "demands" for contract terms and top 6, I would be glad to see him. Our 3rd line could definitely use a boost. Also hearing Tedenby is looking better may cause it not to happen also. I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping Tedenby gets it going and can stick on the 3rd this season.

If he has given up on his "demands" for contract terms and top 6, I would be glad to see him. Our 3rd line could definitely use a boost. Also hearing Tedenby is looking better may cause it not to happen also. I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping Tedenby gets it going and can stick on the 3rd this season.

We have been hearing about Tedenby looking good in camp the past 2 seasons now and look at what happened.  IDK about anything else but I think the kid is a lost cause at least at the NHL level.

He's definitely been progressing each year defensively. So hopefully he puts it all together this year. He's got more offensive skill than JJ, and I'll take the offensive skill over yet another two way player who can't really give much offensively. Reguardless i'd still like to sign brunner but I doubt we will.

He's definitely been progressing each year defensively. So hopefully he puts it all together this year. He's got more offensive skill than JJ, and I'll take the offensive skill over yet another two way player who can't really give much offensively. Reguardless i'd still like to sign brunner but I doubt we will.

Josefson's PPG are better than Tedenby's in the SHL, significantly better in the AHL (.66 to .52), and comparable in the NHL, and he's a year younger.  There's little evidence to suggest Tedenby has more offensive skill, besides the flash he shows once every few games - even if he has more offensive skill, he's so poor defensively that he can't get the kind of ice time Josefson does.

Still don't see where Brunner fits on this team - if they dealt someone or rightly decided that Stephen Gionta doesn't belong in the NHL, maybe it could work, but I'm not seeing it.

Josefson's PPG are better than Tedenby's in the SHL, significantly better in the AHL (.66 to .52), and comparable in the NHL, and he's a year younger. There's little evidence to suggest Tedenby has more offensive skill, besides the flash he shows once every few games - even if he has more offensive skill, he's so poor defensively that he can't get the kind of ice time Josefson does.

Still don't see where Brunner fits on this team - if they dealt someone or rightly decided that Stephen Gionta doesn't belong in the NHL, maybe it could work, but I'm not seeing it.

Idk what shl is. And we're going to go round and round here arguing about this, so instead of starting a bitchfest about teddy and jj for the 10th time I will just agree to strongly and completely disagree.

And as far as brunner goes, there's a spot for him, its the spot jj lost last year when he got sent to the ahl. Also loktionov, olesz, gionta, all of them can be candidates to lose a spot on the roster if brunner was signed. But this is a moot point because I doubt we will sign him.

The SHL is the Swedish Hockey League, formerly known as the Swedish Elite League, it's the top men's league in Sweden.

Josefson is a center - hopefully the coaching staff has learned this - and he's staying on the roster this year unless Devils' management has gone completely insane, or finds a good deal for him.

The SHL is the Swedish Hockey League, formerly known as the Swedish Elite League, it's the top men's league in Sweden.

Josefson is a center - hopefully the coaching staff has learned this - and he's staying on the roster this year unless Devils' management has gone completely insane, or finds a good deal for him.

Why would they be have to be insane to not have jj in the lineup? He didnt do anything last year to earn playing time, which is why he got sent to the minors. But theres a ridiculous frame of mind on this board that if youre sent to the minors in your early 20s that youre a bust. Theres no shame in jj and teddy developing in the minors. But as far as the coaching staff being insane if jj doesnt make the lineup, thats not true. Jj and teddy have a ton of talent and I look foward to watching them continue to develop, hopefully as devils.

And you should have said the swedish elite league, because thats what its called when they played there. At least im pretty sure it was. I thought you were talking about some meaningless advanced stat

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Why would they be have to be insane to not have jj in the lineup? He didnt do anything last year to earn playing time, which is why he got sent to the minors. But theres a ridiculous frame of mind on this board that if youre sent to the minors in your early 20s that youre a bust. Theres no shame in jj and teddy developing in the minors. But as far as the coaching staff being insane if jj doesnt make the lineup, thats not true. Jj and teddy have a ton of talent and I look foward to watching them continue to develop, hopefully as devils.

And you should have said the swedish elite league, because thats what its called when they played there. At least im pretty sure it was. I thought you were talking about some meaningless advanced stat

Josefson is waiver-eligible.  He will not make it through waivers.  Tedenby is also waiver-eligible, but I think he would make it through waivers.  

Josefson is waiver-eligible. He will not make it through waivers. Tedenby is also waiver-eligible, but I think he would make it through waivers.

Says you.

Doesn't mean he wont be scratched half the games or more. He sucked last year.