Official "Around The NHL" 2010 SCF PLAYOFF Thread.

SatansDevils

I give the Penguin fans credit who stayed and are honoring their team and building.... I don't think our fan base would do much the same honoring the de-throned champs as so......

Plenty of people were heading to the exits with 5 minutes to go. Their fans are no better than anyone elses. fvck pittsburgh.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of people were heading to the exits with 5 minutes to go. Their fans are no better than anyone elses. fvck pittsburgh.

the BOO factor would be a LOT higher in our arena... they wanna leave that's fine... but to boo your team after the run they had would be idiotic, and I'm sure our fans would have :P

Wow. Montreal does it. They won the little battles. Halak played exceptional. Cammalleri was a beast. And Gionta. What can you say about this guy. He just does so many things that help you win. And he scores two goals on top of it. Loved when he got in Cooke's face early. Dom Moore also scored. :) This team really wanted it. Congratulations to them. Cya Sid.

I give the Penguin fans credit who stayed and are honoring their team and building.... I don't think our fan base would do much the same honoring the de-throned champs as so......

I disagree...we plenty of fans stayed and clapped for the team after the loss to the FLyers...at least I and many around us were. We have never been eliminated on home-ice following a Stanley Cup win but I'm sure we would salute the team.

the BOO factor would be a LOT higher in our arena... they wanna leave that's fine... but to boo your team after the run they had would be idiotic, and I'm sure our fans would have :P

After what they've been blessed with, nobody should leave. Especially with it being final game at Mellon Arena. The ones who stayed and saluted team are true fans. The others are not.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched it.

It makes me think of 2002 when we got bounced at home by Carolina and so many of our fans were booing the team -- this after we had just come off of two straight finals appearances. The team didn't deserve that kind of reception.

I disagree...we plenty of fans stayed and clapped for the team after the loss to the FLyers...at least I and many around us were. We have never been eliminated on home-ice following a Stanley Cup win but I'm sure we would salute the team.

Oh they'd have "saluted" alright.....

Has a 7th seed ever played an 8th seed?

I think this has a lot more to do with the last game in the building

If anything the fans were too blase this year when the team deserved to be booed out of the building though.

I'm not sure blind loyalty's all that great either the way Caps fans saluted their team after blowing up in the first round or Nuck fans stayed and cheered after they spit it up against the Hawks at home three straight games. Both of them were just unconscionable to me.

Edited by NJDevs26

If anything the fans were too blase this year when the team deserved to be booed out of the building though.

There's a difference in booing a team that didn't show up for the playoffs and booing a team that might be out of gas after two trips in a row to the Stanley Cup Finals.... if you can't get the concept that winning the Cup is HARD and you CAN NOT do it every year you're delusional and that's why you can't boo that team if you were a fan in that building tonight!

There's a difference in booing a team that didn't show up for the playoffs and booing a team that might be out of gas after two trips in a row to the Stanley Cup Finals.... if you can't get the concept that winning the Cup is HARD and you CAN NOT do it every year you're delusional and that's why you can't boo that team if you were a fan in that building tonight!

Funny people here are throwing bouquets at the Penguin fans and people on HF were saying they were headed for the exits with five minutes left. I guess sometimes people see what they want to see.

I don't see why you assume we have such bad fans though, it's not like we've had the Penguin success recently.