Devils Mount Puckmore

DH26

As you guys probably know, Puck Daddy's doing a summer thing where you pick the 4 "faces" of a team and their history. So who do you guys think should be on the Devils one (it's up to you whether you choose coaches/managements guys)?

Here are my picks:

Dano-Mr. Devil

Marty-Top 5 goalie in history

Stevens-obviously

Johnny Mac-scored the goal to put us into playoffs for first time and holds the team scoring records

close-Elias (will hold the scoring records), Zach (hasn't been around enough or won the Cup), Brylin, Lou (just because I only wanted players, but if you're choosing non-players, he's probably first)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have had so many of these type threads...I'm exhausted.

Really? You've been here how long and you're just now noticing that certain topics tend to get repeated over and over?

Anyway, I think this particular topic is relevant now because of the ongoing Puck Daddy series. The Devils are due to be featured soon, might as well get our thoughts in in anticipation of it.

(I'm guessing ILWT will be asked to write the piece, they seem to be the preeminent Devils blog out there aside from Fire and Ice.)

Buccigross did this last year:

New Jersey Devils/Colorado Rockies/Kansas City Scouts

The team: Martin Brodeur, John MacLean, Scott Niedermayer and Scott Stevens.

The theory: I asked a Devils fan here at ESPN his Devils Mt. Rushmore, and he didn't mention MacLean or Niedermayer. I'm stunned at the lack of respect for Niedermayer in Devil Nation. Am I missing something here? Help me. MacLean played 934 games in New Jersey and is the franchise's all-time leading goal scorer … by a lot. You could make a case for Patrik Elias, and if I'd used the projection model that I used in other cases here, I probably should have included him.

Really? You've been here how long and you're just now noticing that certain topics tend to get repeated over and over?

Anyway, I think this particular topic is relevant now because of the ongoing Puck Daddy series. The Devils are due to be featured soon, might as well get our thoughts in in anticipation of it.

(I'm guessing ILWT will be asked to write the piece, they seem to be the preeminent Devils blog out there aside from Fire and Ice.)

I think the thread is good and relevant. Actually it's probably the best of the "best Devils ever" threads. It's just when I went to post my response I realized I couldn't reiterate what I've said in the other threads again. It wasn't an insult to the thread. THe point is that the only reason these threads have become so redundant this year is because of the Kovy situation. Usually, no one is on here mid-august. Because the Kovy situation drags on, these threads have been repeated more than usual.

I think the thread is good and relevant. Actually it's probably the best of the "best Devils ever" threads. It's just when I went to post my response I realized I couldn't reiterate what I've said in the other threads again. It wasn't an insult to the thread. THe point is that the only reason these threads have become so redundant this year is because of the Kovy situation. Usually, no one is on here mid-august. Because the Kovy situation drags on, these threads have been repeated more than usual.

No seriously -- you're trying to tell Rowdy how it is here? how long has Rowdy been posting? and did you know there was a time he was a moderator even?

We're talking nearly 10 years of redundancy

:o grrrrr... :rant: sammied!

Edited by Pepperkorn

No seriously -- you're trying to tell Rowdy how it is here? how long has Rowdy been posting? and did you know there was a time he was a moderator even?

We're talking nearly 10 years of redundancy

:o grrrrr... :rant: sammied!

I'm not telling Rowdy how it is here - I wouldn't presume to know more about these boards than Rowdy. I'm telling him how I see it as being THIS year.

Edited by ben00rs

Wow... Rowdy when was your original join date? Were you on njo and came here in 2001? I can't remember my fist day here... I joined about a month before I posted (can you even believe that?) I don't think I will ever forget that ALL THIS STARTED on June 5th 2001. and it's all Scott Stevens fault. :angry: I gave in to my crush :rant: I also was just watching this epic fail before my eyes and none of my real life friends cared! They just brushed it off and I was frantic saying NONO They are SERIOUSLY going to blow it!! They still have 2 more games.. NOOOOOO!!!! :argh:

why does that still haunt me even :lol: so anyhow I had to go on line and find people to rant to. Started at Yahoo -- BIG MISTAKE!