Quebec Nordiques Fan Group invading Prudential Center

NJ4life

It wouldnt be a Devils game without one fight in the stands

It just reminds me of when the Habs come to Newark and they usually bring a lot of fans. The crap I hear our fans yelling is disgusting. Habs fans are also the best visiting fans to have... They come to our arena, speak English, and are very friendly.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just reminds me of when the Habs come to Newark and they usually bring a lot of fans. The crap I hear our fans yelling is disgusting. Habs fans are also the best visiting fans to have... They come to our arena, speak English, and are very friendly.

Maybe we can fight the a$$hole Bruins fans who tried killing me in section 302 of the TD Garden last Tuesday because i was wearing my Devils jersey

As I said in the last 2 threads about this, I don't have a problem with it. They root very loudly for the home team, they love the game, and they spend some money. I'm looking forward to seeing them, it's probably a 'one-off' occasion. As for the tickets, basically they called the Devils group sales and said "How many tickets can we buy", and the Devs responded " How much money do you have?" If I were one of the fans coming down I'd be looking forward to coming to the NHL's best arena and enjoying a good game despite having a minimum 8 hour bus ride :)

Maybe we can fight the a$hole Bruins fans who tried killing me in section 302 of the TD Garden last Tuesday because i was wearing my Devils jersey

Happens a lot of places. I've been up in the 200's at the WF Center for Devils Flyers games. Great time let me tell you...

Why is my experience with them quite different? Last year at a game at the Rock the habs fans were loud, obnoxious, yelling at Devils fans in French, and giving people the finger. Not the first time I've seen this coming from Habs fans too.

Happens a lot of places. I've been up in the 200's at the WF Center for Devils Flyers games. Great time let me tell you...

Well to be fair i might have called out the fact how the bruins havent done anything since 1972 and that i pointed to my friend next to me and said he was a Kessel and Habs fan

im going to vehemently disagree. I've gone to 10 or so habs games since the Devils got to the Rock. Every one I've went to I've either observed groups of obnoxious habs fans yelling or arguing with other Devils fans in their section, or had firsthand encounters with indignant fans, muttering french obscenities to my face. They all seem like spoiled little brats who tote around Hab cup history like its a damn inheritance. Remember when there were riots after their ECF? and when they started looting after making it out of the first round? They boo their own players (Roy, Price, Brisebois). For christ sake they were calling the god damn police department about the hit on Max. IMHO, overall I'd give them an 8 on the away-team-fans-doucheyness scale, some of the worst, most spoiled, ignorant fans in the league.

that game will likely be a sellout or close to it so it really defeats the purpose of this stupid crew. when they went to nassau and were half the crowd, that made a bit more sense. But now they're just sort of screwing up an end of the season party they weren't invited to.

This is basically how I feel too. I wouldn't care if they'd done it any of the games besides Opening Night or Fan Appreciation Night, but doing it on Fan Appreciation Night feels like they're nosing in on our territory.

I don't get why they couldn't have done it this weekend anyway, with their biggest rival in town no less. Plus the game this weekend will quite possibly be a HNIC telecast, there was no way NBC was flexing our game against the Bruins.

And I've never had an issue with Habs fans at the Meadowlands or Rock but given how bad they can be with their own players and the way they treated Chara for a fluke hit, it wouldn't shock me if they engaged in douchey behavior too.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Why is my experience with them quite different? Last year at a game at the Rock the habs fans were loud, obnoxious, yelling at Devils fans in French, and giving people the finger. Not the first time I've seen this coming from Habs fans too.

I agree.

I hate when people bitch about our fans sucking and saying that we have fights in the stands. EVERY team has drunk people at the games...I can't see how someone can criticise our fan base and generalize the majority of it to be stupid drunk a$$holes. And like I said earlier, I don't think it's right for a bunch of canadiens to come to fan appreciation day (notice how they preach about unfavorable markets, and always go to games in those markets instead of the bigger ones) and keep away red jerseys in the stands. It wouldn't have been so bad if they came during the first half or at least this weekend...They're not stupid, they plan their trips with strategy involved, there's a reason (they will say otherwise) they pick certain games.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind one bit if there were some "You're team moved clapclapclapclapclap" chants. It'd be funny as hell!

Dear Nordiques fans, we get it, you like hockey. Youre still not getting a team anytime soon. There better not be one bit of anti-devils stuff in your 'group games'

I SERIOUSLY doubt there will be. They seem to be very, very loud supporters of the home team and not at all looking to create any friction in that regard. I would guess they will cheer particularly loudly for Marty, given that he is Quebecois. Expect lots of love heading to Marty especially.

This is not an influx of Flyers or Rangers fans, it's nothing like that.

But not for nothing, there will be 2100 of them psyched to be here - they are coming looking to party in the best NHL arena and have the best possible time they can. They are definitely not going to be looking to stir up crap and miss the buses home. It's in everyone's best interests to be friendly and cheer on the Devils together. I really don't see why Devils fans in attendance would feel somehow threatened by them - we are spoiled rotten with NHL hockey teams here. Most of us have 3 teams we could get to given a 2 hour car ride. I've got 4 with the Flyers across the Ben Franklin. I'd like to see them get a team. I'd like to see tons more people who are fans of hockey. But in the neantime I don't mind sharing what would almost certainly be empty seats with other die hard hockey fans who will be cheering on our team.

Edited by jim777

People really need to get a grip.

The reason they choose small market teams and not large market teams is because they can call the Devils and Isles box offices and ask for 2000 tickets and most likely GET 2000 tickets. They can't do that in Philly, Boston, NYC, etc.

Also, I'm going to guess they didn't know it was 'fan appreciation night', or at least they aren't doing this because of it. They saw a weekend afternoon game, and decided it would work for them.

I know Islander fans who were at the game, and they said the Quebec fans cheered for the home team and joined in on chants, etc. It was not anti-Islanders, and the Boston game won't be anti-Devils.

I guess you're just insecure then.

lol seriously the Rangers suck whistle is really embarassing when it is done when we are not playing the Rags. Especially this year when they have been ahead of us in the standings for the entire season. This is why I never participate in the whistle.

I doubt they intentionally picked Fan Appreciation Day. Also I find it a little funny that there is so much opposition to this when Devils fans sell their own tickets to Rangers and Flyers fans on a regular basis.

They had to know or at least suspect it was...Fan Appreciation Day is always the last home game - and that day is the last day of the season this year too - unless it's special circumstances (like the one year we played the Rangers to close the season, Fan Appreciation Day was the next-to-last home game).

The second one is a fair point but I personally never sell my Devil-Ranger tickets for profit precisely because it almost invariably would get sold to a Ranger fan. With the Flyers there's usually at worst a 80-20 ratio of Devils fans and frequently it's even better than that so there's still a good chance a Devil fan will buy those tickets.

I guess you're just insecure then.

... How does that even make sense?

The Rangers Suck chant is childish to begin with, in that it focuses not on our team, but on how much our closest rival (who is better than us in every way this year) 'sucks', when we aren't even playing them...

... How does that even make sense?

The Rangers Suck chant is childish to begin with, in that it focuses not on our team, but on how much our closest rival (who is better than us in every way this year) 'sucks', when we aren't even playing them...

You're interpreting the chant far too literally. It's not like the chant goes "Our rival team is inferior to us statistically!"

Is it silly when it's done 5 times per period? Yes. But I don't mind it a couple of times per game because it's just fans bonding over mutual dislike of our biggest rival. It doesn't LITERALLY mean that they are worse than us, it just means that we don't like them.

Sometimes it's okay to just be a fan and not be so worried about how this affects our "image" or shows how we have an "inferiority complex". It's just fun to remind ourselves to crap on our rivals sometimes.

You're interpreting the chant far too literally. It's not like the chant goes "Our rival team is inferior to us statistically!"

Is it silly when it's done 5 times per period? Yes. But I don't mind it a couple of times per game because it's just fans bonding over mutual dislike of our biggest rival. It doesn't LITERALLY mean that they are worse than us, it just means that we don't like them.

Sometimes it's okay to just be a fan and not be so worried about how this affects our "image" or shows how we have an "inferiority complex". It's just fun to remind ourselves to crap on our rivals sometimes.

I get all that. But like you said, 5 times a period while the Devils are losing is just overkill.