Devils recall Tim Sestito from Albany (AHL); put Adam Larsson on IR

Legion15

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/12/devils_recall_tim_sestito_from_albany_ahl_put_adam_larsson_on_ir.html

The Devils recalled forward Tim Sestito from Albany (AHL) Sunday and placed defenseman Adam Larsson on injured reserve retroactive to Nov. 23.

Larsson is sidelined with a lower body injury.

The recall of Sestito seemed to indicated that Ryan Carter will not make the trip to Montreal for Monday night's game against the Canadiens. Carter was hurt in a fight with Buffalo's Marcus Foligno Saturday night and suffered facial lacerations.

He'll probably wind up scoring a goal or two, the way things have been going lately.

Matteau is hot right now. Would have liked to see him called up instead of Timmy.

It's probably a one game or two game call up.  To that end, I'd rather leave someone like Matteau in Albany.  I just wish there were someone better than Tim Sestito that the Devils trusted to call up in this spot.

Lets set Josefson up for success, he gets to play with Sestito and Jansssen again.

Poor kid is having a really rough time here. I look at a player like Zibanejad, who had extremely similar stats to Josefson in the SHL before entering the NHL, who is now becoming a very important part of the Senators' offense. He's spent some time playing with Ryan and Turris this season and is scoring a lot of goals. Of course there's the argument that Zibanejad's playing style is more suitable for the NHL, or that he blossomed later in his career, but I can't help but wonder where Josefson would be now if he had spent significant time playing with Parise, Kovalchuk, or Elias over the last few years.

It's time to give this kid a chance, Pete. He'll never get anywhere playing on the 4th line only, and he's definitely earned a shot playing with some talent.

Poor kid is having a really rough time here. I look at a player like Zibanejad, who had extremely similar stats to Josefson in the SHL before entering the NHL, who is now becoming a very important part of the Senators' offense. He's spent some time playing with Ryan and Turris this season and is scoring a lot of goals. Of course there's the argument that Zibanejad's playing style is more suitable for the NHL, or that he blossomed later in his career, but I can't help but wonder where Josefson would be now if he had spent significant time playing with Parise, Kovalchuk, or Elias over the last few years.

It's time to give this kid a chance, Pete. He'll never get anywhere playing on the 4th line only, and he's definitely earned a shot playing with some talent.

Zibanejad is a much better player than Josefson.  He's a shooter with a good shot.  Josefson's major deficiency is his shooting.

Josefson's top 3 forwards played with are David Clarkson, Alexei Ponikarovsky, and Ilya Kovalchuk.  I think the argument that he only plays with bad players ever is really exaggerated.  The reason why he didn't play with Parise and Elias was because he wasn't better than the players playing with those guys, or because he got hurt.  I don't think he's better than Elias, Loktionov, Zajac, or Henrique, and those are the 4 guys above him right now.

was just odd jj played all 6 preseason games and then sat for about 20 or so.

still had olesz for that time he sat but that had nothing to do with it.

just guessing carter is not concussed cause he got it on the button; hard to get concussed if he got caught on the jaw.

was just odd jj played all 6 preseason games and then sat for about 20 or so.

still had olesz for that time he sat but that had nothing to do with it.

just guessing carter is not concussed cause he got it on the button; hard to get concussed if he got caught on the jaw.

Not really. Pretty easy to get concussed no matter where you get hit in the head. Your brain is literally just floating around in there. I don't think you drop like that when it's just cause your jaw hurts. I mean, that's what mouth guards are for, right? To cushion blows that might harm the brain by giving you room to bite onto something to dissipate the force of impact.

Not to mention punching someone on the chin/jaw would provide more rotational force than a blow just about anywhere else on the head/face.

Edited by ATLL765

Who got hurt when we called up Hegelson? Was it Cam? What's up with that? A forward gets hurt, we call up a D-man, a D-man gets hurt, we call up a forward. Is it just a matter of getting these guys some NHL experience? Why not some Pesonen then?

Helgeson got called up when Larsson got hurt and they weren't sure if volchenkov and Gelinas would both be ok to go.