Lou and Sutter are delusional

msweet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man who'd EVER dream I'd think squishy was right, over msweet.

That doesn't mean the Devils aren;t sort of disappointing me - it's just there was nothing to be done this year. :noclue:

I'm embarrassed how little support we give the team too. No wonder they play with the combined attitude of a loser

Sometimes ... sometimes it means to score a tying goal and sometimes it means to lose with a message. Last week the Cuban national u-23 team played a soccer game with 10 players on the field because over 7 starters and subs defected the night before. They played 90 minutes a man down and LOST -- but they showed balls and HEART. That is what Im talking about Triumph.

I didn't get to watch the game last night, but there was a highlight where Langs is to the goalies left and, as he's battling for the rebound, gets cleaned out from the crease by a Pens' defenseman....hard. I did not see any other Devil on the ice stick up for the captain. Maybe the highlight cut that part out. But if not, that is totally unacceptable and indicates a lack of heart in my book.

I didn't get to watch the game last night, but there was a highlight where Langs is to the goalies left and, as he's battling for the rebound, gets cleaned out from the crease by a Pens' defenseman....hard. I did not see any other Devil on the ice stick up for the captain. Maybe the highlight cut that part out. But if not, that is totally unacceptable and indicates a lack of heart in my book.

If you had seen the game last night you would have seen a bunch of scrums that were started by both teams.

Sometimes ... sometimes it means to score a tying goal and sometimes it means to lose with a message. Last week the Cuban national u-23 team played a soccer game with 10 players on the field because over 7 starters and subs defected the night before. They played 90 minutes a man down and LOST -- but they showed balls and HEART. That is what Im talking about Triumph.

Thing is, take the goalies out of the equation and stack the Devils' 18 skaters against the Penguins' 18, or the Canadiens' 18, or even the Rangers' 18. We're just not nearly as good as any of these teams. And other than the third period Saturday and maybe the last Canadiens game can't really question effort in those games (the 0-10 in our so-called biggest games of the year). We're just not good enough offensively to get anything on a good team when they show up with as much intensity as we do, whereas we beat Ottawa twice because they really do have no heart.

I've had all the extremes as a sports fan this year - one team with talent to win a championship but absolutely no heart and desire and it cost them (Mets), another team that has desire but flat-out zero offensive talent (Devils) and another team that's just so bad they inspired apathy (Jets).

And as for the topic of this thread, I'll say this for the 50th time...either the Devils were good enough to win as is, or if they weren't, then how exactly were they supposed to get anyone that could make a difference? I mean if we suck so much why would other teams want any of our players to give us their scorers? Clearly our farm team sucks, so we couldn't exactly throw a bunch of prospects at any of these teams without disbanding our farm team entirely. And we obviously couldn't take anyone off the current roster since there's not a lot of talent there to begin with.

There were exactly two difference-makers that moved at the deadline (Hossa and Campbell) and we flat-out just didn't have the assets to get either, that's why there was no 'big' move made. Nobody's delusional except maybe some people in this thread.

Edited by Hasan4978

My friend (a Rangers fan) calls me this morning and says: "Hey bro if we beat you tomorrow, you guys drop to 6th in the East." I wanted to cry. Not because how true his statement rang, but because this team didn't need to be in this predicament. This has all the makings of a collapse, and the season isn't even over yet. The choke-job that I have been witnessing for the past 2 weeks is epic, simply because this-did-not-need-to-happen! Period. I'm not saying I know it all, or that I should be GM. I'm simply saying it because it is obvious. The true holes on this team were never addressed at the deadline, and we as fans are now paying for it. :horse: Only St. Louis, Columbus, & the Islanders have scored fewer goals than us people. Am I saying something so "crazy, and out of left field", or something so damn blatant, that even Stevie Wonder would stop and take notice?!?

If the NYR happen to win tomorrow night they will be tied with the Devils in points. The Devils would still have the upper seed which would be 4th still or if Ottawa wins then the Devils would be 5th. The Devils still have more wins than the NYR therefore they would still be ahead in the standings. I think the Devils will win tomorrow night anyway. It has been LONG overdue for them.

If the NYR happen to win tomorrow night they will be tied with the Devils in points. The Devils would still have the upper seed which would be 4th still or if Ottawa wins then the Devils would be 5th. The Devils still have more wins than the NYR therefore they would still be ahead in the standings. I think the Devils will win tomorrow night anyway. It has been LONG overdue for them.

That's what I said last week when we played the Islanders. :noclue: