Parise wants a Stanley Cup and has to decide if it will be with NJ

Rock

parise saying he wants to contend for the cup is as predictable as saying i want to win the lotto...the devils might be in it in the next few just as much as other teams minus a healthy pitt's...if he wanted he would take a smaller deal with them....he's not preforming at a lvl at which demands will most likely be...locking up him into a long term deal at a large cap hit isn't a good idea

Well....I dont know about that. He has a 1-30 chance to the cup.

Parise's injury and then zajac the year after is such an horrible timing at the worst possible time...

Take toews out of chicago for a whole year then kane the year after... Then see how they did

But all together plus the financial problems and all its just a perfect storm to push zach out....

If he somehow stays im gonna be some impress with the guy

The worst thing is that if we lose him... Yeah sure we have some money to spend but theres nothing too exciting on the market this summer t hat could ease my pain and it doesnt mean we could land him

Edited by SterioDesign

Also - can we all just agree that barring Parise saying straight out "I will not be back please trade me now" Lou will NOT trade the guy no matter where the team is at the deadline. Parise is better than anything out there I think Lou feels - as he ALWAYS feels about our impending UFAs. He never dumps a valuable player. Of course he never makes huge splashy Free Agent signings either so... I guess never say never.

Also - can we all just agree that barring Parise saying straight out "I will not be back please trade me now" Lou will NOT trade the guy no matter where the team is at the deadline. Parise is better than anything out there I think Lou feels - as he ALWAYS feels about our impending UFAs. He never dumps a valuable player. Of course he never makes huge splashy Free Agent signings either so... I guess never say never.

He should be traded. Letting him walk for nothing shouldn't be an option. This is the exception to the Devils' rule, because the team is not a contender anymore.

I disagree -- if there is a chance to keep him I approve of lou trying to take it. And I'm fine with Lou sticking to a hard and fast value -- if you can't trust those then you can't trust anything.

If the Devils aren't contenders then no one is. Take off your dusk tinted glasses.

ARE YOU SAYING I'M TOO NEGATIVE, PK?! :D

I like to consider myself more of a realist. But if the Devils keep Parise and make a run (win two playoff rounds) and/or end up re-signing #9, I welcome your "I told ya so."

Edited by Jerrydevil

Parise isn't an exception to the same things that happen to every player. Maybe we have taken his talent for granted and now he is going through a rough patch. I'm not going to turn on him now just because he is having a rough start to a season after being named captain and coming off a season long injury the year before.

Parise isn't an exception to the same things that happen to every player. Maybe we have taken his talent for granted and now he is going through a rough patch. I'm not going to turn on him now just because he is having a rough start to a season after being named captain and coming off a season long injury the year before.

I have little doubt he will live up to the contract he gets.

The Devils are not trading Zach if they have a chance to make the playoffs. Being completely out of it by February again, well that's a different story but I think the team is what it is, they'll hang around the eighth seed. NHL history proves if you just get in, anything can happen - look at the Oilers, Flames and Flyers making serious runs as low seeds.

And like PK said, keeping him and hoping for a playoff run that entices him is worth something too. Your slim chance to re-sign him goes to zero if you trade him. Is cashing in your chips worth a Kovy-like package? Atlanta would have been better off keeping him and hoping they made the playoffs instead of taking the dreck they did for him.

The Devils are not trading Zach if they have a chance to make the playoffs. Being completely out of it by February again, well that's a different story but I think the team is what it is, they'll hang around the eighth seed. NHL history proves if you just get in, anything can happen - look at the Oilers, Flames and Flyers making serious runs as low seeds.

And like PK said, keeping him and hoping for a playoff run that entices him is worth something too. Your slim chance to re-sign him goes to zero if you trade him. Is cashing in your chips worth a Kovy-like package? Atlanta would have been better off keeping him and hoping they made the playoffs instead of taking the dreck they did for him.

You know what? We shouldn't even be here with Zach right now. He should have already gotten his money. It's a big-time screw-up, if you ask me. MISMANAGEMENT.

You know what? We shouldn't even be here with Zach right now. He should have already gotten his money. It's a big-time screw-up, if you ask me. MISMANAGEMENT.

Mismanagement or bad luck with what happened in the last several months with ownership? It's also possible he's genuinely not happy here anymore.

And if not signing him long-term was a conscious decision based on wanting to see how the knee injury hindered him and he never gets back to the 35-goal, 80 point level I'm not so sure that's mismanagement.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Why on earth would Zach want to sign with us on july 1st if he doesn't wanna sign with us on january 1st?

There's no options here. Either he signs before the deadline, or Lou *MUST* trade him.

Because on July 1st we will know the results of this season and on Jan 1st we wont. It seems obvious that is weighing heavily on his decision.

Does anyone think Lou and Zach are discussing it privately now or do you think they'll start after 1/1/12???

If it was being spoken about it isnt now. I am sure Lou said lets put this off for now because clearly you need to just worry about your game.