Niclas Havelid traded to Devils

Xunolix

The problem with Zubrus is his streaks and inconsistency. He becomes Jekyll and Hyde literally during periods never mind game to game.

His giveaways in the neutral zone have to stop. Theyre ulcer-inducing.

I dont think Lou should trade him, despite any warts, hes still a very talented forward with good speed, a little size (although he doesnt use it too much) and some playmaking ability.

And no one is taking the 4 yrs left on his contract anyway.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently he (Stoesz) requested a trade.

That doesn't make sense to me though; its not like hes a tweener in and out of the Thrasher lineup.. does he feel he should be in the AHL or something? I would assume so.. or maybe he just didn't like Atlanta :giggle:

That doesn't make sense to me though; its not like hes a tweener in and out of the Thrasher lineup.. does he feel he should be in the AHL or something? I would assume so.. or maybe he just didn't like Atlanta :giggle:

I heard that he didn't like his coach much. And over the summer the ECHL team signed a guy that basically is an enforcer type with more skill.

I don't like this trade, if we were going to make a splash on defense and upset the chemistry I would rather it have been for a bigger fish. Obviously Lou might not be done but I don't see Havelid as a big upgrade on anything and I liked Salmella.

Havlelid is plus-4 on a team that is a collective -33. He also leads them in ice time. If you don't see that as an upgrade on Andy Greene, you need a new set of glasses.

can you confirm this!?

Havelid will practice with the team on Wednesday and will have almost 4-days of practice with the team and will most likley play in the Islanders game on Saturday.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

Devils acquire Havelid for Salmela

As many of you probably already know, the Devils have acquired defenseman Niclas Havelid from the Atlanta Thrashers for rookie defenseman Anssi Salmela.

Havelid, 35, is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

The Devils also acquired minor league forward Myles Stoesz in the deal. Stoesz will be assigned to Trenton of the ECHL.

I have not been able to reach Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello on the phone. I'm guessing that he is flying right now from New Jersey to Toronto.

Havelid won't play Tuesday night against the Maple Leafs. He's expected to meet up with the team in New Jersey when it returns.

All I have for you from Lamoriello so far is his statement from the press release, which reads: "Niclas Havelid is a veteran defenseman who brings a wealth of experience to our hockey team. We look forward to Niclas joining our defensive corps."

Edited by SatansDevils

I don't like this trade, if we were going to make a splash on defense and upset the chemistry I would rather it have been for a bigger fish. Obviously Lou might not be done but I don't see Havelid as a big upgrade on anything and I liked Salmella.

we didn't make a splash or upset the chemistry. we told andy greene he's riding the bench for the playoffs. he had all season to play his way off the april bench and couldn't do it.

the only other move i might forsee is a tiny depthy tweak like bringing in dean mcammond from the islanders. other than that, this is the team.

we didn't make a splash or upset the chemistry. we told andy greene he's riding the bench for the playoffs. he had all season to play his way off the april bench and couldn't do it.

the only other move i might forsee is a tiny depthy tweak like bringing in dean mcammond from the islanders. other than that, this is the team.

Not a bad idea actually with McAmmond. He'd be a pretty good pickup. That would certainly drop Rupp completely out of the mix.

I wonder if Lou is even thinking of trying to move Pandolfo. I think that contract is pretty unmovable though.

Analogy time;

Salmela reminds me of Sandis Ozolinsh, gifted offensively; maddening defensively

Havelid reminde me of Coach Kevin Constantines dream d-man

Not a bad idea actually with McAmmond. He'd be a pretty good pickup. That would certainly drop Rupp completely out of the mix.

no i don't think so. if new jersey played someone like philadelphia rupp's got to be there. if they played a more benign team like florida, rupp's out of the mix.

I wonder if Lou is even thinking of trying to move Pandolfo. I think that contract is pretty unmovable though.

doesn't make sense. pandolfo's been playing okay in recent games and the depth behind him is just non-existent. you let him have one more season next year and then buy him out and say so long.