Penguins Practicing at Prucenter

Zubie#8

You think it's costing them anything? Obviously they wouldn't be charged for practicing at any rangers facilities, but it's money to open up Pru center. Someone other than our ownership must be at least covering operating costs, whether it's the rangers, penguins, or the league.

You think it's costing them anything? Obviously they wouldn't be charged for practicing at any rangers facilities, but it's money to open up Pru center. Someone other than our ownership must be at least covering operating costs, whether it's the rangers, penguins, or the league.

Don't they keep the practice arena active for open skates during parts of the year or did they stop doing it?

I'm sure the Pens probably wrote the Devils a check.

Most probably.

During the lockout, if I remember correctly, the Devils players themselves had to pay to open up the practice rink. I'm sure Penguins are paying a fee of some sort.

It's interesting that they'd want to practice an unnecessary trip away. I guess playing the rangers in a playoff series presents an interesting opportunity to stay and practice in less hostile territory, maybe keep themselves a little more focused. But I'm all for it.

If they completely lose the ability to score goals and blow several leads in this series we'll know there's something in the ice there.

just saying we may not have a great team now but we have their # last time we met in the playoffs.

Edited by lazer

Most probably.

During the lockout, if I remember correctly, the Devils players themselves had to pay to open up the practice rink. I'm sure Penguins are paying a fee of some sort.

This had nothing to do with finances, but the fact players could not use team facilities while locked out. The "fee" was them just being consumers.